Other Passions you head-fiers have? (and a little intro of myself)
Dec 22, 2008 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

vic1890

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't really been too active in this site, often just reading more than posting - although all the reviews and opinions that I've read have been so helpful and valued - and that shall change now.

I was so glad to see so many photographers here - some extremely talented, it amazed me. I'm one as well, I also write - prose in forms of novels, although there are some reluctant plays, and poems when urged to.

Here's a small collection of my work when I was still active:

Flickr: The Taleteller's Photostream (for all you fellow flickr people out there, you may add me if you find my work favourable)

Back to the point, besides sound, are there other passions all of you indulge in? budding novelists, poets, painters, photographers, musicians and other artistic ventures - professionals in these fields, or just enthusiasts, I'd really like to get to know all of you
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 40
Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

well, we both know quite well that it's not the tools, but the photographer behind it! - your work is lovely, I'm sure.

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 40
Oh photography. I try and fail, but it's still so much fun.

I don't have too many hobbies anymore, I just picked up a job after a move, so I'm still recouping my losses (and Christmas Visa woes). Perhaps later I'll pick up where I left off (Paintball, biking, street hockey to name a few).

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh photography. I try and fail, but it's still so much fun.

I don't have too many hobbies anymore, I just picked up a job after a move, so I'm still recouping my losses (and Christmas Visa woes). Perhaps later I'll pick up where I left off (Paintball, biking, street hockey to name a few).

hehe you MUST try some more! - and hopefully the other hobbies go well too.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #8 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cooking is my biggest passion and it is now also becoming my future carreer. Started this year in a culinary school (instead of going to study physics in university).

I must say, that is one area where I am completely at loss. Completely! - but a man that can cook is always something that must be respected. Hehe not many of us have that talent.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by vic1890 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't really been too active in this site, often just reading more than posting - although all the reviews and opinions that I've read have been so helpful and valued - and that shall change now.

I was so glad to see so many photographers here - some extremely talented, it amazed me. I'm one as well, I also write - prose in forms of novels, although there are some reluctant plays, and poems when urged to.

Here's a small collection of my work when I was still active:

Flickr: The Taleteller's Photostream (for all you fellow flickr people out there, you may add me if you find my work favourable)

Back to the point, besides sound, are there other passions all of you indulge in? budding novelists, poets, painters, photographers, musicians and other artistic ventures - professionals in these fields, or just enthusiasts, I'd really like to get to know all of you
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool stuff!

I'm into mechanical watches, speakerbuilding, vinyl, physics, computing, hockey and much more...

NK
darthsmile.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 40
I like to workout in a fighter-oriented manner. (Just for my health) I also own a farm, where I grow warm salty scrum-dilly-umptious pretzels.

And oh yeah, the erotic fanfiction.

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #11 of 40
I am into motorcycle riding.
Sadly thats only possible 7 months a year up here, so in the dark and cold winter I spend a lot of time enjoying my headphone rig.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #13 of 40
Traveling...though I haven't done much.

Live in Wisconsin
Traveled to a handful of statesm Puerto Vallarta (Mexico), Tralee and Killarney (Ireland), Berlin, Munich, and Hessen area (Germany), and going to Ankara and Istanbul (Turkey) in less than a week.

I also like photography but I don't spend a whole lot of time (or money) in the field. However, I think I can take a few good pictures once in a while.

My Picasa Album while in Europe

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #14 of 40
Amateur radio, other stuff with vacuum tubes (old radios, ham gear, a TV, and a RF linear amp (sooner or later)), fountain pens, old cars, woodwork, the law, old electric fans, beer, vintage computers, and editing Churro Conosseiur Quarterly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back