OSX Lion
Jul 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #91 of 122

Quote:
Yup, so far I can conclude that regardless of parallel, lion indeed running hotter than snow leopard. It doesn't take much for my fans to kick into 6k+ rpm. I hope they fix it soon. 

Interesting.  

I was observing the same temperature phenomena with my MacBook Air.  I had reported a bug to Apple having to do with not being able to use two finger taps for right click.  

I was directed to copy "/user/library/preferences" and set it aside, then essentially delete that actual folder "/user/library/preferences"  The system created a fresh copy of the default condition .plist files and I then copied without replacing duplicates the set aside prefs files back into the original location.  It not only seems to have fixed the two finger tap issue, but a host of other problems, one of which was the laptop running much hotter than it had been, crashing instability, etc.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #93 of 122
Encountered a bug too lol. Was trying to log in to my Macbook like 10 mins back and it rejected my password. This is despite having my user name and password both being correct. 

So I restarted, and the results are self evident. 

I thought i got hacked lol!

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #94 of 122

Quote:
Hi, kwkarth, I tried that, it doesn't work. I hope they release a fix soon. 

Me too.  Even though my 2 finger tap is working, my Air is still crashing once or twice or more per day.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #96 of 122
I recommend people who have had or are having crashes and issues run (I guess the name will have now changed to) Lion Cache Cleaner to remove user and system caches. Those seem to become corrupted on occasion.  However, on a good day, a crash log will reveal the source of the problem. Deleting the com.apple.* preferences is an old trick I've done too to fix systems that had been upgraded and mucked with considerably over the years and were due for a refresh.

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #97 of 122

Quote:
I recommend people who have had or are having crashes and issues run (I guess the name will have now changed to) Lion Cache Cleaner to remove user and system caches. Those seem to become corrupted on occasion.  However, on a good day, a crash log will reveal the source of the problem. Deleting the com.apple.* preferences is an old trick I've done too to fix systems that had been upgraded and mucked with considerably over the years and were due for a refresh.

Cleaning the cache is one of the first things I tried to clean up the system.  Knock on wood, I haven't had a bit of trouble with either of my iMacs or my MacBookPro post upgrade. 

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #98 of 122
I have looked through all the preferences, and even had to turn off "Tune Up" from "starting up at turn on" in the dock, which I thought was causing iTunes to start up.

Can anyone advise me how to get iTunes to not start up when I boot up the computer? This has only started happening since I installed Lion.

Thanks very much in advance.

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #99 of 122
^ Right click iTunes on the dock -> options -> uncheck "open at login".

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #100 of 122
Already did. Still have problem. Thank you. I do IT at work, just not MAC.

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #101 of 122
Now I have VLC and Vuze opening up at start up. Besides iTunes, it seems that one thing that Lion does is, open any programs up, that you have running at shutdown. This never happened with Snow Leopard. Ususally I started with a clean slate. 
However iTunes opens up whether I was using it or not. It's just a few keystrokes but it can get annoying.

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #102 of 122
System Preferences > General > Uncheck the "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" and set everything to Never.

That's Lion's "Resume" which opens everything right back up when shutting down, quitting, or really anything else. In my opinion, one of Lions worst "upgrades"

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #103 of 122

Quote:
System Preferences > General > Uncheck the "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" and set everything to Never.

That's Lion's "Resume" which opens everything right back up when shutting down, quitting, or really anything else. In my opinion, one of Lions worst "upgrades"

Thank you!!

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #105 of 122

Quote:
Now I have VLC and Vuze opening up at start up. Besides iTunes, it seems that one thing that Lion does is, open any programs up, that you have running at shutdown. This never happened with Snow Leopard. Ususally I started with a clean slate. 
However iTunes opens up whether I was using it or not. It's just a few keystrokes but it can get annoying.

Yeah, you have to uncheck the box EVRY TIME YOU REBOOT which is a real pain in the WAZOO.
Edit:  Oops, nvm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back