Ortofon O One
Dec 31, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 15
No offense, but just choose a damn pair of cans already, everytime I see one of your threads, its you choosing between a NEW pair of 3 of 4 cans.

I don't mean to come off as overly aggressive but seriously, just pick a pair that you like and get it over with, if you dont like it, return it!

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiimote007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but just choose a damn pair of cans already, everytime I see one of your threads, its you choosing between a NEW pair of 3 of 4 cans.

I don't mean to come off as overly aggressive but seriously, just pick a pair that you like and get it over with, if you dont like it, return it!

Geez...calm down. That's what head-fi is for, endless dileberation over what to buy.

Dec 31, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like rebadged Ultrasones. The housing is identical anyway.
Correction: they are Ultrasones 550 with different drivers.

Are they good for $129 ?

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #11 of 15
Eh, alright, sorry, but if you want to keep asking, dont make 10 different threads with different questions each, make one and keep it going with any questions that arise.

Also, I've head that the O-One is okay, a bit powerful in the bass, recessed mids and good highs.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #13 of 15
They sound nice. Not "powerful in the bass", rather it might be a bit too lean and bloomy (not boomy) for some. More textured and rich bass, compared to the tighter Etymotic ER4S. Not as refined or precise overall, but the ER4S is hard to match. Much easier to drive than the Ety, so you're likely to get more bass than the Ety with some random jack. Very different, though nearly as hifi sound. Depending on the content or gear, they may sound a bit midrange recessed or bright, like with a crummy headphone jack and Dishnetwork's Sirius feeds. Brighter than the MDR-7509 (that's a nine) and more refined and transparent than the Sony, too. Their high detail lets you hear MP3 compression and whatever Dishnetwork is doing to channels like Area that screws it up so bad. With a better Sirus feed, like DirectTV's, they sound lovely. My Alesis and Allen & Heath mixers also makes them sound grand. For $129 they are a fair buy, but at $100 they were a steal. It's not exactly neutral in my opinion, but it's more neutral and a better tone than the vast majority of headphones a lot of studio folks have heard. I think it's an improvement to the warmer, euphonic 550 drivers, and at the very least a valid alternative sonic "taste". If you want even less bass, you can use the velours. But I think you'd have to be running them with a tube amp, or something, to justify that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back