[ortho transplant]: T50rp drivers into V-Moda Crossfade (lots of pictures)
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #31 of 88
That would be awesome. Much appreciated 
size]

I'd love to see what you can cook up with the T1 drivers. Since you're in Europe, you can probably get free samples of Twaron for damping: link

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #32 of 88
Feb 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #34 of 88
While I don't have extensive experiments or measurements to to back me up, to my ear it helped to cut down on a lot of the early treble reflections/peaks. Hard to say if it did much for the bass directly, though when you have an overall reduction in treble it makes the bass feel stronger. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #35 of 88
Kool build.  Yeah I wanted a COP body too, but they don't sell it driverless.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #37 of 88
Nice work, I just noticed this thread this morning.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #38 of 88
I would honestly consider paying for a pair of these, look great and no doubt sound waaaay better. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #40 of 88
Did you notice how the sound changed from the normal T50rp?

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #41 of 88
The V-Modex has an airier sound signature which I think is due to the flat-ish treble response and possibly a decay ridge. Midbass on stock humps a bit, while here it sinks a bit then levels out. Bottom end reach I would say is on par with a T50rp with better pads, but the V-Modex has a bit more rumble.

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #42 of 88
So overall how much of an improvement are the T50RPs over the LPs?

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #43 of 88
Eh, I only had a brief listen with the LPs before I took them apart. They weren't bad, but nothing special to my ear. Heavy bass (but not overly so like some people say), not the best definition, kinda honky in the upper treble... that's all I can remember. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #44 of 88
Hats off to you Nathan, amazing. Can't wait for you modding a COP T50rp if you ever get the chance. I would imagine you'd have a lot more room to work with a bigger cup and adjustable bass vents.

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #45 of 88
If you're interested, shoot me a pm and we can work something out. 

First of all I want to thank you publicly for even selling this amazing Headphone.
I truly feel lucky and honored to own them.

Second I have to say I am both perplexed and amazed at the sound.
For anyone considering this mod I have to say it is absolutely excellent.

How can this can sound so open it put my Sony ma900 to shame?
Wow the initial impressions are very impressive.

I have previously had a t50rp modded by another member to sound closer to a sennheiser hd600,
And I loved them but they weren't portable for me,
but these are, and sound wider and bigger?!?!?! How can this be!
The bass seems not as pronounced just like was stated as well, yet deep sub bass there
I still need an amp to play loud but amazing no distortion at max level on my Samsung galaxy note 2..

These headphones totally negate the need for me to buy am open can as the sound is so spacious.

I am wondering how these will stack up against an HE 400 :)

All I can say is these are amazing I hope you make more for members here to be aware of the sweet synergy this combo has :)

I would honestly consider paying for a pair of these, look great and no doubt sound waaaay better. 
beerchug.gif

Do it
Ultra cool
Ultra portable. .
:)

Edit:
Ok initial impressions over I can now say with more accuracy that the bass seems full and deep yet well balanced as I am used to audio technica sound I have to say these cans seem sweeter than the modded t50rp I had, giving a similar lively signature or slight resemblance to audio technica in its treble but that also may be just the clarity coming thru . .
Still need an amp for loudness BUT amazing full sound with my GS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back