orpheus
May 21, 2006 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Headphoneus Supremus
hi,
jahn is MIA. i finally got around to setting up the orpheus. i have never seen one before and the book is all in german. how do you turn the friggin thing on? i turned the knob in the front but the LED does not glow. do you need to turn the key on or something? i am using the optical in but i would like to use my apogee but dont know how to connect. thanks in advance..i am going crazy here...

May 21, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 38
I'd be glad to take that off your hands for you if you can't figure it out
evil_smiley.gif

May 21, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 38
there is a key that needs to be turned i think....
seriously, you got an HE90/HEV90 without every seeing it?
blink.gif
confused.gif
orphsmile.gif

May 21, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
there is a key that needs to be turned i think....
seriously, you got an HE90/HEV90 without every seeing it?
blink.gif
confused.gif
orphsmile.gif

that is the crazy thing about head-fi..you read about something enough times and you feel like you know it....
thanks all...turned the key and...
wow...just wow...i think danny expressed it best when he said you no longer think about headphones/source or whatever..the music just flows...

May 21, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 38
haha...nah. this is a keeper..although i am pissed at jahn...he was supposed to help me set it up tonite and instead i had to reveal my ignorance to the world..for shame!

May 21, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 38
Holy poop sticks! I thought you were joking in that other thread when you asked me how to turn on the Orpheus! I didn't realize that you had bought one. Congrats, and enjoy! Careful with the volume level. They are so seductive that you can easily be listening too loud without realizing it.

May 21, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #9 of 38
nope..i was desperate and serious..thanks for tip everyone! and i know what you mean about the volume...it is so smooth without the harshness....quite a feat!

May 21, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #11 of 38
biggrin.gif

There's some dreamlike-surrealism to this thread that I really like.

Congrats 1911, for turning the key. hehe

May 21, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 38
Well they're as expensive as an automobile, I guess it stands to reason they should have a key to start them. Congrats! I can only dream about them at this stage. Ooops, Correction, Just got a bill from "Nightime Bliss Inc." for 3 minutes of Orpheus dreaming $26.49! Darn now I've got to go back to dreaming about Heidi Klum.

May 21, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
So yeah... If you don't want it, I'd still be willing to take it off your hands for you!

So yeah... You've already said that before in this thread
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #14 of 38
First...Congradulations

You now own IMHO the worlds best transducer/amp combo to ever be seen, made or heard. I suggest you bypass the internal DAC and go directly into the amp thru RCA inputs. Amp responds well to quality power cord and isolation from vibration. Headphones need to be adjusted so fit is best it can be and amp sounds best after 20 minutes or so.
Totally relaxing, coherent, of one voice reproduction except when the music calls for edgy, explosive, multi sounds...the system then transforms itself into an otherworld dynamic monster.

Time and intimacy with a system is the only way to judge how well it performs, not a ten minute or few song experience. My Orpheus will NEVER leave my system, what the hell could I ever replace it with for such long term satisfaction.

Congrads my lucky friend.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back