Oriveti O400
Jan 30, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #62 of 133
I really liked them. Oriveti O400 sound more expensive than their price.
Yes, the O400 definitely are something special in the IEMs environment, especially at that price and built quality.

Got mine based on @CK Moustache and @F700 reviews, exactly as @Blotto80 said a few days ago.

They are true allrounder to me, as the bass really is pounding hard, deep yet tight, while the mediums are displayed with « grandeur » and the treble is very well-balanced, with enough air, but also a softness that I appreciate.

The O400 deserve to be hyped in my opinion.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #63 of 133
Alright, I've had these for three weeks now and I'm past the honeymoon but still extremely in love with these. I've settled into using Spiral Dots with them, the wide nozzle and short depth goes well with the O400. Source-wise they are a bit picky, I tried:

Qudelix 5K - a non-starter, thin and sharp.
Topping D10 into a THX789 - a bit too fatiguing.
SoundBlaster AE9 (through the ACM) - pretty good all around.
iFi iDSD Nano Black - pretty damn good in "measure" mode but "listen" was a touch too rolled off and polite for the warm-ish sig of the O400.
FiiO M11 Pro - This is the star of the show. The AKM musicality of this bad boy is a perfect match for the O400. The bass slams, the mids are liquid gold, and the highs retain a bit of sparkle while being smooth without a hint of sibilance.

I've tried a handful of cables as well and I'm not going to get into the debate on what does what but I'm liking the Effect Audio Ares II as well as a Nicehck Pure Silver 8 core. I've got a fancy gold/palladium/silver one coming that if nothing else I'm looking forward to the "bling" factor of.

From a music perspective, female vocals are almost magic with these. Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill Acoustic" (redbook) and Norah Jones' "Feels Like Home" (SACD) are two of my favourite albums for testing this quality and the O400 handles them better than I've heard. Jones' soulful pain in "In the Morning" and Alanis's anger in "You Oughta Know" come across effortless and emotional.

Heavy guitar is another place that the O400 excels. In Tool's "The Patient" and the transition from "Parabol" and "Parabola", both off of Lateralus, the grace that the O400 handles the sudden explosion of distorted guitar and hard drums is forceful but controlled.

The bass on these has a real tactile quality that I would tend to associate more with a large dynamic driver than a multi-BA IEM, on tracks like "I Mean it" by G-Eazy or "Me and Your Mama" by Childish Gambino, the deep bass notes to open the songs are almost head rattling. The faster more musical notes in Dua Lipa's "Don't Stop Now" or "I Don't Do Drugs" by Doja Cat are crisp with an amazing sense of speed and rhythm. I think Dua Lipa's entire "Future Nostalgia" album might be the one album that can single handedly highlight what the O400 can do.

The sound-stage isn't huge but it is pretty decent and can accurately portray a sense of space with an "out of head" experience.

Gaming is ok on them. I tend to use IEMs when I'm playing multiplayer FPS on PC and these do a good job with location queues and immersiveness. A bit more aggression in the upper end would go a long way here as things like the crack of gunfire isn't as sharp as it was on my old Timeless. Going from the Timeless to the O400 reminds me a lot of back in 2011 going from my Denon D2000 to the HD650. Trading huge bass and hot treble for a faster, more refined bass and warmer treble.

The O400 has quickly become one of my favourite audio purchases in quite sometime. I don't think I've been this impressed with a headphone since maybe the original LCD2.1.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #64 of 133
Alright, I've had these for three weeks now and I'm past the honeymoon but still extremely in love with these. I've settled into using Spiral Dots with them, the wide nozzle and short depth goes well with the O400. Source-wise they are a bit picky, I tried:

Qudelix 5K - a non-starter, thin and sharp.
Topping D10 into a THX789 - a bit too fatiguing.
SoundBlaster AE9 (through the ACM) - pretty good all around.
iFi iDSD Nano Black - pretty damn good in "measure" mode but "listen" was a touch too rolled off and polite for the warm-ish sig of the O400.
FiiO M11 Pro - This is the star of the show. The AKM musicality of this bad boy is a perfect match for the O400. The bass slams, the mids are liquid gold, and the highs retain a bit of sparkle while being smooth without a hint of sibilance.

I've tried a handful of cables as well and I'm not going to get into the debate on what does what but I'm liking the Effect Audio Ares II as well as a Nicehck Pure Silver 8 core. I've got a fancy gold/palladium/silver one coming that if nothing else I'm looking forward to the "bling" factor of.

From a music perspective, female vocals are almost magic with these. Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill Acoustic" (redbook) and Norah Jones' "Feels Like Home" (SACD) are two of my favourite albums for testing this quality and the O400 handles them better than I've heard. Jones' soulful pain in "In the Morning" and Alanis's anger in "You Oughta Know" come across effortless and emotional.

Heavy guitar is another place that the O400 excels. In Tool's "The Patient" and the transition from "Parabol" and "Parabola", both off of Lateralus, the grace that the O400 handles the sudden explosion of distorted guitar and hard drums is forceful but controlled.

The bass on these has a real tactile quality that I would tend to associate more with a large dynamic driver than a multi-BA IEM, on tracks like "I Mean it" by G-Eazy or "Me and Your Mama" by Childish Gambino, the deep bass notes to open the songs are almost head rattling. The faster more musical notes in Dua Lipa's "Don't Stop Now" or "I Don't Do Drugs" by Doja Cat are crisp with an amazing sense of speed and rhythm. I think Dua Lipa's entire "Future Nostalgia" album might be the one album that can single handedly highlight what the O400 can do.

The sound-stage isn't huge but it is pretty decent and can accurately portray a sense of space with an "out of head" experience.

Gaming is ok on them. I tend to use IEMs when I'm playing multiplayer FPS on PC and these do a good job with location queues and immersiveness. A bit more aggression in the upper end would go a long way here as things like the crack of gunfire isn't as sharp as it was on my old Timeless. Going from the Timeless to the O400 reminds me a lot of back in 2011 going from my Denon D2000 to the HD650. Trading huge bass and hot treble for a faster, more refined bass and warmer treble.

The O400 has quickly become one of my favourite audio purchases in quite sometime. I don't think I've been this impressed with a headphone since maybe the original LCD2.1.
Very nice write-up, informative and to the point. The last sentence brought a smile on my face, because the LCD2.1 I bought in December 2010 was a real shock for me back in the days.

The O400 are the true-allrounder IEMs I have ever dreamed of. They deserve our praise 🤟.

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #65 of 133
Beautiful O400

A247C28E-E915-43EA-83DA-2657ABCF982D.jpeg

0C2375A2-A221-4E0B-BCE3-289C5A1C1D96.jpeg

B905F1EE-4909-4280-BD9A-B0C0F634FE2F.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #66 of 133
The bass might be the star of the show on the O400, but the mids are at least as impressive.

On King Creosote and Jon Hopkins’ Aurora Boring Alias track, you almost can feel King Creosote’ breath and read his lips while he is singing. The instruments, slightly in the background, are playing with such a rightness. The whole thing is utterly satisfying musically speaking.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #67 of 133
Nice to see this thread going on. Some happy owners it seems. Still loving my O400. The OV800 are fantastic too, even better in the mids section, but the price difference is difficult to justify. I might repeat myself, but the bass is better on the O400 and if someone is looking for an all-rounder set, then the O400 are the ticket.

Feb 18, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #68 of 133
Feb 18, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #69 of 133
@Scuba Devils and @Xinlisupreme : you both own kilobucks IEMs, which perfectly are driven by your respective source(s).

Not wanting to invest myself too much on HF again, I eventhough dare asking: who would be interested in an O400 tour? I am pretty sure Marco from Oriveti would be ok to start one

These gems, guys, I swear, I want them to reach your homes for a test, at least. I would be ready to fund a pair for the tour. Yes, I am that confident.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #72 of 133
One of the beautiful things of these is they don't need high-quality music to sound good. I'm sitting here listening to "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos" by Public Enemy from 1988's "It Takes a Nation....", just the regular release via Tidal and it's the best I've ever heard 80's hip-hop sound.

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #73 of 133
@Scuba Devils and @Xinlisupreme : you both own kilobucks IEMs, which perfectly are driven by your respective source(s).

Not wanting to invest myself too much on HF again, I eventhough dare asking: who would be interested in an O400 tour? I am pretty sure Marco from Oriveti would be ok to start one

These gems, guys, I swear, I want them to reach your homes for a test, at least. I would be ready to fund a pair for the tour. Yes, I am that confident.

Yes I'd love to try O400, I've been intrigued for a while based on your high praise!

Feb 19, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #74 of 133
Yes I'd love to try O400, I've been intrigued for a while based on your high praise!
Great. I just have contacted Marco. I will keep you posted.

Feb 19, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #75 of 133
Great. I just have contacted Marco. I will keep you posted.

Excellent, thank you - hopefully he is up for it. If not, I'll possibly take a leap of faith at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back