Oriveti O400
Aug 25, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #46 of 133
If i can get custom Orivetis that will be my next purchase for sure. Is it happening?
I am keeping in touch with Marco Lin from Oriveti and at the moment they haven't found any competent partners to produce CIEMs. It's work in progress. I am still hoping to get the O400 in custom at some point.

On the other side, Oriveti is about to release a new flagship. I should get one in the coming days on loan and for testing. Cannot say much at this stage, but I certainly will let you know upon receipt. Pretty excited about this new 8-drivers IEM. Stay tuned.

Aug 25, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #47 of 133
Maybe an O800 upgraded or with EST?

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #48 of 133
Aug 25, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #49 of 133
Two more pics of the O400 with the Azla Crystal tips. Those improve the comfort slightly over the Xelastec.

My review of the O400 should be over in a few days.

C94EACA5-4E31-47BE-B9B6-18F7D6BDC9C5.jpeg

B42E668C-359D-4C86-B90A-2A68507E1836.jpeg

Aug 25, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #50 of 133
How is cristal bass? I found Xelastec a bit light

Aug 25, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #51 of 133
How is cristal bass? I found Xelastec a bit light
Crystal's bass is a tad more impactful because of the better and tighter fit. Still, don't await drastic changes. For the O400, the somewhat wide aperture of the Xelastec and Crystal allows the IEMs to deliver their full potential. Use Final e-tips and the magic is gone. Those 4 bores need to breath.

Crystal for other IEMs? Well, I cannot tell, because I almost always use a different set of tips for any of my others IEMs.

For my ears canals and pairing with the O400, I am sold on them. Keep in mind I have a Calyx M as source, which balances out the O400's tuning with perfection in my book.

Subterranean level of bass yet amazing transparency in the whole freq range with the above set-up on both tracks (yes, I love Electronics):

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #52 of 133
Oct 23, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #53 of 133
Amazing sounding IEMs… period. Those deserve your attention. A true allrounder set.

EBE6FBEE-E6A6-424C-9D30-9B638A264274.jpeg

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #54 of 133
Resurrecting this thread. I had been away from IEMs for a little bit and grabbed a pair of Timeless on a whim. I liked them but they weren't 100% for me a little shouty and unnatural at times. In my search for a step up I went back and forth on a few sets in the $700ish CAD range like the ThieAudio Clairvoyance, UM Mini Mest, and Dunu SA6. After reading F700's and CK Moustache's reviews and the glowing praise I decided to take a shot on the O400 and wow....

These things are seriously impressing me in the few hours I've had them. Best dynamics I've heard from an all-BA IEM. The signature I was looking for was something punchy and warm but also detailed and natural. These seem to nail it so far. They do seem to be pretty source-sensitive though. Plugged directly into my desktop SoundBlaster AE9 they sound considerably better than my Qudelix 5K. I'll probably start shopping for a new portable device.

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #55 of 133
Resurrecting this thread. I had been away from IEMs for a little bit and grabbed a pair of Timeless on a whim. I liked them but they weren't 100% for me a little shouty and unnatural at times. In my search for a step up I went back and forth on a few sets in the $700ish CAD range like the ThieAudio Clairvoyance, UM Mini Mest, and Dunu SA6. After reading F700's and CK Moustache's reviews and the glowing praise I decided to take a shot on the O400 and wow....

These things are seriously impressing me in the few hours I've had them. Best dynamics I've heard from an all-BA IEM. The signature I was looking for was something punchy and warm but also detailed and natural. These seem to nail it so far. They do seem to be pretty source-sensitive though. Plugged directly into my desktop SoundBlaster AE9 they sound considerably better than my Qudelix 5K. I'll probably start shopping for a new portable device.
I also bought a pair of O400 based on the recommandation made by the Head-Fiers you are mentioning. Never posted my impressions so far, though. I am not the best for that kind of exercise. I also have a pair of Timeless, which I like quite a bit to be honest. It's not the same flavor. The mids and resolution are much better on the O400, the highs also are more detailed and layered. The Timeless are bass and soundstage monster. I like both very much and they are complementary to me.

You are right about the source pairing, even if we are talking about 4BAs, these deserve to be pampered with a nice source. Enjoy your O400!

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #60 of 133
I'm a week and change in with mine so far and I am enamoured. I'm waiting until some new portable gear shows up (FiiO M11 Pro and iFi iDSD Nano Black) before I do up a full set of impressions but in the meantime, the mids on these are special. Vocals are about as good as I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back