Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Feb 22, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #7,246 of 8,024
From first to last - Luxury & Precision P6 Pro, Luxury & Precision LP6 Gold, Cayin N6ii (with Cayin C9), LPGT, LPGT Ti (with C9), Lotoo 6K (with C9), Luxury & Precision P6 Pro (with C9), Luxury & Precision P6 Pro, iBasso DX220 MAX, Luxury & Precision P6 Pro, Luxury & Precision LP6 Ti.
Thanks man 😎 Very Nice 😎

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #7,248 of 8,024
Gonna pull the trigger on the Traillii as soon as I find a good deal in EU (black & red edition hopefully). Meanwhile I'm enjoying reading your thread.
At the moment I mostly use my monarchs mk2, but I also want more relaxed TOTL IEM. Reading various impressions make me think I will be pleasantly surprised (at least I hope so, considering the subjectivity of this hobby).

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #7,249 of 8,024
Gonna pull the trigger on the Traillii as soon as I find a good deal in EU (black & red edition hopefully). Meanwhile I'm enjoying reading your thread.
At the moment I mostly use my monarchs mk2, but I also want more relaxed TOTL IEM. Reading various impressions make me think I will be pleasantly surprised (at least I hope so, considering the subjectivity of this hobby).
A pair is currently available on the classifieds :nerd:

Feb 25, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #7,251 of 8,024
If anyone is looking to pick up a bird in the US, I’ve got a complete set I’ll list later today when I can take photos. :)
The magnificent bird. Still my favorite set. Glwts

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #7,252 of 8,024
The magnificent bird. Still my favorite set. Glwts
After listening and comparing at CanJam today the Bird/Orpheus is still my favorite IEM. It holds up very well. Especially for Jazz, vocals, small ensemble, rock, pop and classical. I did also really like the Trifecta and the Multiverse Mentor. Lots of great stuff though.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #7,253 of 8,024
I have finally joined the Bird crew.

My main pair was Jomo Trinity and tested Phoenix, Anima, Mentor and others. While testing those I felt Trinity was a decent competitor. Other pairs had their perks but wasnt delivering that 3D sound like Trinity did. Mentor was super good tho.

However, Trinity didnt stand a chance against Traillii. I dont know how this bird does it. I was debating hard between this and Mentor and I made a right choice!

Feb 28, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #7,254 of 8,024

My main pair was Jomo Trinity and tested Phoenix, Anima, Mentor and others. While testing those I felt Trinity was a decent competitor. Other pairs had their perks but wasnt delivering that 3D sound like Trinity did. Mentor was super good tho.

However, Trinity didnt stand a chance against Traillii. I dont know how this bird does it. I was debating hard between this and Mentor and I made a right choice!
Welcome and agreed. I see so many going for the new toy, and that is fine. But I often wonder if they actually compare it to the Traillii or just feel they need a different sound.

I agree with you on the Mentor Multiverse as well. It is an excellent IEM.

Feb 28, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #7,255 of 8,024

Better late then never! Congrats!

Mar 4, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #7,257 of 8,024
From impressions reports that I have read SP3K should be tuned more towards modern AK sound profile - a bit more neutral and with bigger presence of mid bass.

I do like SP2K overall design more and do not appreciate additional weight of SP3K.

As I’m having N8ii/DX320 I look more forward into buying RS8 to be honest.
I really liked RS6 but it wasn’t in the top league in terms of technicalities.
RS8 seem to be a huge upgrade as some even stated that it is better than LP6 for example.
And my planars should love additional driving power as well.
Hi Alexzander
I am looking into getting HiBy RS8 and wanted to ask your opinion about synergy with the bird
Thx!

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #7,258 of 8,024
Hi Alexzander
I am looking into getting HiBy RS8 and wanted to ask your opinion about synergy with the bird
Thx!
Hello!
The synergy with Traillii is marvellous with Chiron cable - RS8 has a huge sub bass bump along with relaxed treble which allows to experience visceral lower frequencies impact and very lush but detailed R2R mids giving you goosebumps.
Treble doesn’t lack detail but also does not have much of sparkle like on N8ii or even more on SP3K.
With stock 1960 specially tuned cable you get more of both sub and mid-bass impact but even less of treble sparkle resulting in combo being a bit more darker than I like to my taste - that is why I prefer Chiron here.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #7,259 of 8,024
Hello!

Hello!
The synergy with Traillii is marvellous with Chiron cable - RS8 has a huge sub bass bump along with relaxed treble which allows to experience visceral lower frequencies impact and very lush but detailed R2R mids giving you goosebumps.
Treble doesn’t lack detail but also does not have much of sparkle like on N8ii or even more on SP3K.
With stock 1960 specially tuned cable you get more of both sub and mid-bass impact but even less of treble sparkle resulting in combo being a bit more darker than I like to my taste - that is why I prefer Chiron here.
Thx!
Reminds me a bit of my first Traillii ownership pairing with Shanling M8 and stock cable.
I could never imagine those days that the yet super expensive stock cable should be replaced

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #7,260 of 8,024
Thx!
Reminds me a bit of my first Traillii ownership pairing with Shanling M8 and stock cable.
I could never imagine those days that the yet super expensive stock cable should be replaced
Well to be fair in my opinion Traillii is one of those rare IEMs that doesn’t actually require stock cable to be replaced - on most sources like SP3K and N8ii or even dongles it works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back