Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 4, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #6,196 of 8,096
The bird is indeed a top IEM and deserving of all the hype it gets. For me I would probably take EXT or XE6 over Traillii...but that's it and only for reasons of music library & personal timbral preferences.
They are going for different things, both for me great to listen with, like you say perhaps library based.
My problem is my library is so broad that I can not really think that way. Traillii is a great all rounder, as is I am finding XE6, still very different to me in the listening where Traillii is more serious and XE6 is more fun. A question of balance both are in fact fun to me and also very capable with imaging and detail.

Perhaps like this for me;
Traillii - Imaging and Detail followed by fun.
XE6 - Fun followed by Imaging and Detail.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #6,197 of 8,096
They are going for different things, both for me great to listen with, like you say perhaps library based. My problem is my library is so broad that I can not really think that way. Traillii is a great all rounder, as is I am finding XE6, still very different to me in the listening where Traillii is more serious and XE6 is more fun. This is a balance type thing both are in fact fun to me and also very capable with imaging and detail.

Perhaps to is like this for me.
Traillii Imaging and Detail followed by fun.
XE6 Fun followed by Imaging and Detail.

I think Traillii, XE6 and EXT are all great "all-rounders"-- in fact one of the reasons I love all 3 is that I can listen to anything with them and enjoy it/not see myself hitting skip. Each IEM has a different emphasis, focus and strength, but they all work really well with whatever I throw at them.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #6,198 of 8,096
I think Traillii, XE6 and EXT are all great "all-rounders"-- in fact one of the reasons I love all 3 is that I can listen to anything with them and enjoy it/not see myself hitting skip. Each IEM has a different emphasis, focus and strength, but they all work really well with whatever I throw at them.
I would agree with you on EXT, unfortunately I lost the “battle of the bulge” with about 4 hours listening to the EXT I did not have enough time to confirm EXT true strengths across genres for me.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #6,199 of 8,096
I lost the “battle of the bulge”

LMAO I hear you it took me a while to navigate the fit but I can see why it won't work for some.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #6,200 of 8,096
Just sat down for 10 mins with my newly arrived Trailli's :)

IMG_0897.JPG

The packaging is... well... unremarkable, but thankfully the IEMs are beautiful.

Please can you recommend some tips, mine had none included so I am using Spiral Dots at the moment as the wide bore means these are the only ones I have that fit.

Mar 4, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #6,201 of 8,096

The packaging is... well... unremarkable, but thankfully the IEMs are beautiful.

Please can you recommend some tips, mine had none included so I am using Spiral Dots at the moment as the wide bore means these are the only ones I have that fit.
I use these Azla Sedna Earfit Shorts, fit me well, get a good seal, wide bore, good isolation.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #6,202 of 8,096

IMG_0897.JPG

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Most recently I've started using Tanchjim T300. I had pressure build issues with many other tips which these thankfully resolve.

Mar 4, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #6,204 of 8,096

I prefer the stock tips thus far, but I've tried several (see pic below), with varying success. I have such large ear canals, it's difficult to find wide bore tips that are large enough to give me a good seal, but the stock manages to do that. I have some Acoustune AET07 incoming today. The tips below seem to be a small representation of what other users are using successfully.
Ear tips.jpg

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #6,205 of 8,096
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #6,206 of 8,096

IMG_0897.JPG

Spinfit Cp155 work great for me on the bird.

And they’re incredibly easy to put on as well.

Mar 4, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #6,207 of 8,096
Fair points, but to add some interesting thought to the mix would you rather listen to the bird with hugo 2 and orpheus having summit gear or listening to Abyss with "decent gear" say hpa4/formula/3k to 5k dac?

Looking forward to your answer.

For me it seems that no matter how much I try to scale IEMs, even decent headphone set ups tear it apart. Unsure if I am biased so looking for a second or third opinion.
Agreed. I only recently got into headphones but they are in another tier when properly AMPed (and I am no where close to the endgame rabbit holes that many Susvara owners have). Even a mediocrely powered Stealth from my iDSD Pro Signature was a noticeable upgrade over any summit-fi IEM I've heard- slotting comfortably in-between the top IEMs and the top open-backs.

But as noted, use case is essential. Smaller drivers and parts=less potential for maximizing SQ. But if I am mostly remote anyways for work, it made sense to shift into the desktop space.

For what it is worth, Bird is the only IEM that survived and still is. Having a great 3+ hour session with it for the first time in weeks :).
For someone who is just looking for the best for EDM cost not part of the equation, which is your fav then?
Yeah, Elysian X is the true :goat: for electronic, synths, and EDM due to its crystalline yet smooth treble, and ultra dynamic transients. Tons of height that a lot of EDM tends to take advantage of to create the airy atmospheres.

Mar 4, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #6,208 of 8,096
Agreed. I only recently got into headphones but they are in another tier when properly AMPed (and I am no where close to the endgame rabbit holes that many Susvara owners have). Even a mediocrely powered Stealth from my iDSD Pro Signature was a noticeable upgrade over any summit-fi IEM I've heard- slotting comfortably in-between the top IEMs and the top open-backs.

But as noted, use case is essential. Smaller drivers and parts=less potential for maximizing SQ. But if I am mostly remote anyways for work, it made sense to shift into the desktop space.

For what it is worth, Bird is the only IEM that survived and still is. Having a great 3+ hour session with it for the first time in weeks :).

Yeah, Elysian X is the true :goat: for electronic, synths, and EDM due to its crystalline yet smooth treble, and ultra dynamic transients. Tons of height that a lot of EDM tends to take advantage of to create the airy atmospheres.
Who is the distributor for Elysian X?

I have never even heard of that brand and am bit intrigued.

Mar 4, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #6,209 of 8,096
Mar 4, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #6,210 of 8,096
Electronic only? The only correct answer is an Elysian X or Annihilator 😎 but they fall short outside of electronic stuff imo.
You’re too demanding, B; I rather enjoy the Annihilator with a wider range of music than electronic, not as widely appealing as the Traillii, but to my not-as-experienced ears, I can’t find much faults with the Annihilator really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back