Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 22, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #903 of 8,024
Congrats! Very nice pairing!

Any sound impressions? :)
Well, had a chance to only pair them and listen to only one song.
I will have a more in-depth use tomorrow.
But as for now all i can say is the the A2 is kind of buggy, took me 4 times to input my email amd password on google play store,
Also tidal app got stuck amd I restarted it.
And this is all in 10 minutes.
I checked and the version is updated.
when I tried to pair the c9 directly to my dragonfly dongle and to my macbook pro i heard a loud ring tone, but using the c9 directly with my a2 and its okay.
I also changed earbuds to the 155.
As for the sound:
I heard only 1 song from tidal, “dont stop now” by Dua lipa. I know this one well so I picked it.
Sound is AMAZING. Sound stage is less than the HD800 even on the A2+C9 however every other sound element Is better, everything just sits perfect these heavily produced pop songs have like 100++ channels but each frequency is in place base is really good, everything is just really good. Soundstage can get a little better but its still great.
So to sum only 1 song. Very impressed and looking forward to spend some time on this new combo.

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #904 of 8,024
But as for now all i can say is the the A2 is kind of buggy, took me 4 times to input my email amd password on google play store,
when I tried to pair the c9 directly to my dragonfly dongle and to my macbook pro i heard a loud ring tone, but using the c9 directly with my a2 and its okay.
As for the sound:
I heard only 1 song from tidal, “dont stop now” by Dua lipa. I know this one well so I picked it.
Sound is AMAZING. Sound stage is less than the HD800 even on the A2+C9 however every other sound element Is better, everything just sits perfect these heavily produced pop songs have like 100++ channels but each frequency is in place base is really good, everything is just really good. Soundstage can get a little better but its still great.
So to sum only 1 song. Very impressed and looking forward to spend some time on this new combo.
Congrats! Glad to know that the source gears are working well with Traillii for you.

Yes N6ii is a bit slow as it is a 2019 DAP, but the new motherboard A2 is simply amazing. Best line out source in a DAP I have heard.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #905 of 8,024
Caw caw! (Okay, I've been watching too much Schitt's Creek and Moira's crow noises are plaguing my mind. And this a bird thread anyways right?)

Anyways-as @bluestorm1992 mentioned, wanted to share some thoughts on the Traillii & Iliad pairing. I am cross-posting from the Eletech thread.

Oriolus Traillii: Eletech Iliad vs. 4W 1960 cable

Traillii & Iliad.jpeg

As we all know, the stock 4W 1960 cable was specifically tuned to make the bird sing-so I'd have better luck training a crow to talk than find a cable that pairs "better". But as several others have noted, the microphonics can get rough especially when on-the-go.

In terms of sound quality, the sound is rather similar to the 1960, although there are a few subtle differences:

-Iliad's soundstage is a bit narrower in width and depth.
-Iliad is overall a smoother and more laid-back presentation. It comes off a bit less "dynamics" with softer transients, better suited for more chill-n-vibe.
-4W 1960's bass is a bit more visceral, with slightly richer and thicker notes in the midrange. It also has a touch more "wetness" in the midrange versus the Iliad's laid-back and softer notes.

So yes there is a bit of a synergy gap. But for those who want a generally similar tonality while prioritizing ergonomics and comfort, I'd say the pairing is very solid. Iliad clearly wins in comfort, suppleness, aesthetics and microphonics.

Definitely curious what other cables others have tried that paired well!

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #906 of 8,024
Hi guys,
Just wanna share other custom Traillii pictures shot buy the shop where I bought mine.

here are mine :
1CD2768B-D09F-40FD-9793-AA94E07AA56D.jpeg

here are the ones from another customer :
C40854F7-D0C6-4166-AC44-21F20F368985.jpeg

The look super nice too like that.

it seems you can go pretty wild on the design and ask them very specific stuff. Don’t necessarily need to conform to the faceplate selection.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #907 of 8,024
To anyone who thinks the bird can't do bass...

Time for some fun and a little throw back:

traillii has literally the best bass I've ever heard on an iem...wee.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #908 of 8,024
As for the sound:
stage does get better around 20 - 25 hours...more air and a bit more space between sounds.

enjoy!

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #909 of 8,024
As for the sound:
ok

so this morning i took the new combo for a ride.
picked up some songs from different genres, made a nice cup of coffee
and set to listen.
and my impression so far is:
HOLY crap!!!

that sums it up really.

and regarding bass - PREFECTION

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #911 of 8,024
ok

so this morning i took the new combo for a ride.
picked up some songs from different genres, made a nice cup of coffee
and set to listen.
and my impression so far is:
HOLY crap!!!

that sums it up really.

and regarding bass - PREFECTION

Tell us again after 50 hours
Tbh, I'm not that impressed when I listening it for the first time...haha...very good but not great <50 hours

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #912 of 8,024
Tell us again after 50 hours
Tbh, I'm not that impressed when I listening it for the first time...haha...very good but not great <50 hours
Listening now
5DFF8A03-D978-4281-9357-88F9E0A24E06.jpeg
P6Pro, just marvelous, bass is perfect, symbols and air on the top perfect, and the mids, so musical.
Early here and I am fueling up, the breakmusicfast for today.

P6 Pro burn in I did was 500 hours, completed months ago, sounded very similar to now after 200 hours, a thousand or so hours as of now.

Bird never really did a measured burn in. Traillii did get even better after only a couple days, though I was impressed out of box.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #913 of 8,024
Bass on p6p is definitely awesome and its biggest strength, imo.

I decided to go with the lpgt after also demoing the p6p and lpgt Ti, but I am rather intrigued by the thought of also picking up an r2r dap.

maybe I’ll spend some more time with the p6p, but I think I’ll probably wait for the next one to see what improvements are made.

the ui, (60%) slightly smoothed highs (25%) and smaller staging (15%) were proportionally the biggest quibbles I had about the p6p.

overall, the lpgt just has a much closer sound to what I am looking for (more reference,) and its ui is undeniably better and more user-friendly than the p6p, though I admit I still found the p6p to be quite useable...but for $3k+, I demand more than “useable,” heh.

excited to see what l&p comes up with next, and will definitely keep them on my radar. Could be a great complement to the lpgt, soundwise, I think.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #914 of 8,024
Who thinks that? 👀 Traillii has probably my favorite bass all around.
No no you hate it...and the new Mason will be so much better. Keep telling yourself that!

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #915 of 8,024
Bass on p6p is definitely awesome and its biggest strength, imo.

I decided to go with the lpgt after also demoing the p6p and lpgt Ti, but I am rather intrigued by the thought of also picking up an r2r dap.

maybe I’ll spend some more time with the p6p, but I think I’ll probably wait for the next one to see what improvements are made.

the ui, (60%) slightly smoothed highs (25%) and smaller staging (15%) were proportionally the biggest quibbles I had about the p6p.

overall, the lpgt just has a much closer sound to what I am looking for (more reference,) and its ui is undeniably better and more user-friendly than the p6p, though I admit I still found the p6p to be quite useable...but for $3k+, I demand more than “useable,” heh.

excited to see what l&p comes up with next, and will definitely keep them on my radar. Could be a great complement to the lpgt, soundwise, I think.
I agree and think I heard that as well. I was choosing between LP6, P6, LPGT, and N8 at the time. Coming from a PAW6000 all four were sonically more capable and sounded better, by maybe 5-10% and only on some tracks.

In the P6, pros column;

1) The difference between the three sonically was far less, maybe 1% to me on the tracks I was testing with.

2) The physical design of the P6 appealed most out of the four, to the Industrial Designer in me.

3) The idea of having a discrete R2R, old school, appealed to the engineer in me.

4) The battery life.

One of the hardest choices I made, and I flip flopped for a couple weeks on the decision. So subjective, and listening demo time was so limited.

No regrets, I added an M8 afterwards and upgraded to the Pro feel like I have the portable player solution well covered. At least well enough to wait on next generation.

This weekend I am going to try the C9 and expecting to add that, at the moment I do not see myself traveling with a stack.
The reviews have been overwhelming that the C9 will push everything even further. Hope so. And why not, expecting to appreciate the design, must say though I am not a fan of the battery implementation, that is not designed as well as it could be. Nice that you can replace the cells, suspecting a power module swap was really not designed in from the ground up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• SUBA
Back