Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 17, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #857 of 8,024
So I'd reach out to @Eric Chong and get good quality 4.4mm interconnect (between DAP and C9). These will play a big role in your C9 system, I advise to get it. I use 4.4mm 6W Iliad interconnect. Some people prefer Plato as well.

If funds are not an issue, I would advise Lotoo Ti as it sounds better without C9 according to Twister. Both DAPs should sound identical if being run off of C9.

https://twister6.com/2021/02/02/in-a-snapshot-lotoo-lpgt-vs-lpgt-ti/

Well, better is subjective and relative to your preference :wink: To my ears, Ti has a more revealing tonality and at the time of testing with Traillii I preferred Ti over original LPGT. But Ti was on loan for a week, and afterwards I went back to my original LPGT. Been using it ever since, and I'm happy with this pair up, so either one is good.

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #858 of 8,024
Well, better is subjective and relative to your preference :wink: To my ears, Ti has a more revealing tonality and at the time of testing with Traillii I preferred Ti over original LPGT. But Ti was on loan for a week, and afterwards I went back to my original LPGT. Been using it ever since, and I'm happy with this pair up, so either one is good.
Ah sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth haha

I was just going off the pairing notes and to be honest that cube of Ti alloy is alluring.

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #859 of 8,024
Ah sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth haha

I was just going off the pairing notes and to be honest that cube of Ti alloy is alluring.

It's all good, man! (damn, I miss Better Call Saul :p). The only reason I posted this reply because someone else pinged me about the same question of LPGT used vs LGPT Ti and $1.5k price difference they were planning to put toward Traillii purchase :) And they wanted to be sure the original LPGT pair up with birdie is still good, which I confirmed!

But yeah, that solid chunk of Ti in your hand is nice :)

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #861 of 8,024
Bro @nimorose

Buy a full set then start from there first instead of buy everything at once.

Else you might get bored very soon....ha
No worries, with C9 we can push him down the second rabbit hole: headphones. :smile:

Apr 18, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #863 of 8,024
Do it today. Don't forget the upgrade cables, interconnects and back up battery tray.
I bought it today guys!! I ordered that like new LPGT from Andrew @MusicTeck

C9 will be my next purchase!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #864 of 8,024
Nice!

should be getting my new lpgt from Andrew tomorrow...can’t wait.

lpgt + bird is truly next-level stuff.

and it seems like adding a c9 may even be a level above that...

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #865 of 8,024
got interconnects + charging battery tray + 4 batteries

now what up with cables? the ones that comes with the bird are not high quality enough?
You are all set. You don't really need an upgrade cable...... yet.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #866 of 8,024
Well, the bird has landed.

I took her for a ride on my mackbook pro + dragonfly dongle via PWaudio adapter.
Source are some 24bit pink Floyd, massive attack, some pop..

And up until now, the impression that it sounds excellent, but far from my HD800.
I know these are IEM's, and I have my c9 + A2 on the way, even several types of earbuds.

the treble is a tiny bit a little high, songs with a leading "snare" like massive attack's "tear drop," higher frequencies
of the snare are have more "presence".

The bass is good, better than the HD800 (bass sucks), not too hard, not too soft. Just where it should be.

But the soundstage. It's not the same experience as the HD800.
I remember the first time I put on the HD800, my jaw dropped, "space oddity" remastered was a completely new song.
it was just: "WOW!"

Right now on the bird, I have the soundstage, I hear the separation, but it's not a: "WOW".
It's: excellent.
I'm guessing that the C9 will change that, as I am listening with a butterfly dongle. And not a dedicated amp.

So room for improvement is there. in less than 1 week, I will know :)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #867 of 8,024

I took her for a ride on my mackbook pro + dragonfly dongle via PWaudio adapter.

And up until now, the impression that it sounds excellent, but far from my HD800.
I know these are IEM's, and I have my c9 + A2 on the way, even several types of earbuds.

the treble is a tiny bit a little high, songs with a leading "snare" like massive attack's "tear drop," higher frequencies

The bass is good, better than the HD800 (bass sucks), not too hard, not too soft. Just where it should be.

I remember the first time I put on the HD800, my jaw dropped, "space oddity" remastered was a completely new song.

Right now on the bird, I have the soundstage, I hear the separation, but it's not a: "WOW".
I'm guessing that the C9 will change that, as I am listening with a butterfly dongle. And not a dedicated amp.

Expecting source to really improve this for you.

Even the humble Clear Headphone I have outspaces Traillii to my ears with the same sources I have.

For an IEM though, the bird offers tons of space with good isolation, the Clear no isolation at all.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #868 of 8,024

AFAIK, HD800s will triumph almost all the headphones in soundstage, even against Susvara. However, I expect a well-driven Traillii to be better in some other aspects, like musicality and imaging in sound.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #869 of 8,024
AFAIK, HD800s will triumph almost all the headphones in soundstage, even against Susvara. However, I expect a well-driven Traillii to be better in some other aspects, like musicality and imaging in sound.
And isolation. Which matters a lot to me.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #870 of 8,024
one great thing about the traillii is that it sounds incredible out of absolutely any source; its "minimum performance" is far higher than any other iem I've owned. however, after demoing the LPGT, it is clear that the bird has so much more to give vs. just a phone/laptop and a dongle

the fact that we now have an iem that, in my opinion, legitimately gives TOTL open headphones a run for their money with regard to soundstage, is really something.

additionally, be aware that it's general consensus among many owners I've spoken to that staging and layering opens up even further after around 20 - 40 hours.

if you have the chance, listen to the traillii with a high-end dap. I believe you will be far more impressed with what you hear from the bird.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back