Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 3, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #676 of 8,027
are you saying that z1r with c9 sounded bigger than the bird with just the lpgt ti?

h2 does have a big stage and incredible detail, but i sold mine because the presentation was just too dry for me.

how does c9 compare to h2?

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #677 of 8,027
are you saying that z1r with c9 sounded bigger than the bird with just the lpgt ti?

h2 does have a big stage and incredible detail, but i sold mine because the presentation was just too dry for me.

how does c9 compare to h2?

Identical soundstage if I compare btw z1r+C9+LPGT Ti vs bird+LPGT Ti

Yes. H2 has big soundstage too but need to push it loud for z1r get the soundstage. C9 seems able to drive z1r more effortlessly to get the soundstage. I sold mine before I get the bird. Can't compare it with C9 now.

I don't find H2 dry. I sold the H2 due to:
1.) the H2 presentation, IMHO, pushing every details into your face.
2.) I hear more depth with LPGT Ti. I can't hear this kind of presentation in H2. (Maybe it's my new toy syndrome...)
3.) I want to stream Tidal from my handphone to LPGT Ti. Maybe C9 is a better option for this to connect with Lpgt.
3.) Most important....I need $$ to fund the 🦜!! Lol (else I hope to keep the H2...starting to miss the H2 for certain songs)

A forumer who own both C9 and H2 comments that C9 amp is better than H2.
You can refer to Cayin C9 discussion section.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #678 of 8,027
hmm, sounds like c9 does a lot for soundstage scale.

I agree with you about the detail-presentation of the h2...I found it to be very technically impressive, but at the expensive of musicality. I actually prefer the mojo with the erlkonig.

I also agree that the lpgt has more depth than the h2...haven’t heard the ti, just the original model.

the great thing about the traillii is that it legit sounds incredible out of any source, so even if c9 takes it to the next level, it still retains a lot of its magic no matter how you listen to it.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #679 of 8,027
Oof it's been quiet here! Either everyone is too busy listening to their birds, or over the honeymoon phase.

For me, it's still definitely the former. After the summit-fi shootout, I have more time to just settle in with the bird and am continually impressed how musical the microdetail is portrayed. I am listening to songs I have tested with every top IEM, and hearing details that never knew existed (subtle, but they exist). Truly a marvel to re-experience favorite tracks.

I am still on the hunt for the ideal warmer, mid-forward compliment with almost bird technicalities, but I don't think it exists yet to my knowledge. Erlkonig is definitely the closest I've experienced to date, but ultimately the timbre (and fit) issues killed it for me.

LX signature with Odin technicalities perhaps? A bird 2.0 with a bit more coloration? Maybe Supreme with right source/synergies. Let's see what other flagships come out this year, hoping VE/64 A can pull some magic out :).

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #680 of 8,027
I am still on the hunt for the ideal warmer, mid-forward compliment with almost bird technicalities, but I don't think it exists yet to my knowledge.
Out of interest have you heard the Noir’s? That my foil to the bird when I want a little more razzmatazz, DD bass wallop and energetic sound while still having excellent technicalities and detail.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #681 of 8,027
Oof it's been quiet here! Either everyone is too busy listening to their birds, or over the honeymoon phase.

For me, it's still definitely the former. After the summit-fi shootout, I have more time to just settle in with the bird and am continually impressed how musical the microdetail is portrayed. I am listening to songs I have tested with every top IEM, and hearing details that never knew existed (subtle, but they exist). Truly a marvel to re-experience favorite tracks.

I am still on the hunt for the ideal warmer, mid-forward compliment with almost bird technicalities, but I don't think it exists yet to my knowledge. Erlkonig is definitely the closest I've experienced to date, but ultimately the timbre (and fit) issues killed it for me.

LX signature with Odin technicalities perhaps? A bird 2.0 with a bit more coloration? Maybe Supreme with right source/synergies. Let's see what other flagships come out this year, hoping VE/64 A can pull some magic out :).
Not sure mid forward is the right words but for mids to compliment the bird I love the Elysium with the Code 51 cable. What I am looking for from the new IEMs to be released is a V shape different than the Mest similar or as good as the Thummin that does not hurt me to wear.

I do not mind waiting, still on the honeymoon with the Traillii and the Ely.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #682 of 8,027
Out of interest have you heard the Noir’s? That my foil to the bird when I want a little more razzmatazz, DD bass wallop and energetic sound while still having excellent technicalities and detail.
I need to demo them.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #683 of 8,027
Perhaps I am slightly off-topic, but I am looking into something like this ATM. It is used for recording the sound from IEMs. I figure that what would be better to convey the sound from an IEM than actually recording its sound? This is an entry-level model of $400. I am going to play around with it first. :)
shopping.jpeg

Also, I have a set time to get a Traillii. :smirk:

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #684 of 8,027
Perhaps I am slightly off-topic, but I am looking into something like this ATM. It is used for recording the sound from IEMs. I figure that what would be better to convey the sound from an IEM than actually recording its sound? This is an entry-level model of $400. I am going to play around with it first. :)
shopping.jpeg

Needs a pare of sunglasses.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #685 of 8,027
shopping.jpeg

I just use a IEC-711 coupler from taobao that works fine. Same one as Crin I believe. Was like $150 after using a third party purchasing and shipping company.

Also, welcome to the flock. 😂😏

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #686 of 8,027
I just use a IEC-711 coupler from taobao that works fine. Same one as Crin I believe. Was like $150 after using a third party purchasing and shipping company.

Also, welcome to the flock. 😂😏
I think this will work better with IEM recording with artificial ears.

Needs a pare of sunglasses.
This is the ultimate model I will get. :sunglasses:

1617820775944.jpg

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #688 of 8,027
@bluestorm1992 are you going with a custom design or regular?
The face plate of Traillii? I am thinking the OG but I need to ask my wife first. She needs to approve it first. :joy:

OK I guess I can share the news now. My wife says she will buy the bird for me for my birthday. She wants to thank me for my support in her MBA journey. :smile: (And also the fact that I bought her a handbag and several pairs of shoes... my original budget for the bird)

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #689 of 8,027
The face plate of Traillii? I am thinking the OG but I need to ask my wife first. She needs to approve it first. :joy:

OK I guess I can share the news now. My wife says she will buy the bird for me for my birthday. She wants to thank me for my support in her MBA journey. :smile: (And also the fact that I bought her a handbag and several pairs of shoes...)

Haha well congrats to you both. :) enjoy!

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #690 of 8,027
Haha well congrats to you both. :) enjoy!
Thanks! Will you be getting your C9 soon? I look forward to your impressions with C9+Traillii.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back