Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 2, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #1,066 of 8,027
Finally I found the perfect match for Traillii.
It's Yatono Ultimate cable from Brise audio. Spent entire this morning to listen to this cable with the bird, and I cannot stop listenning any moment. Really addicting sound. I would say yatono ultimate could easily beat pw1960s in every aspect. Much more balanced and controlled sound signature. Highly recommended for anyone wants to upgrade Traillii's stock cable to a better cable yet cheaper price.

Attachments

• A75BF968-D279-46D1-8DA7-0DFE3C6239A0.jpeg
    A75BF968-D279-46D1-8DA7-0DFE3C6239A0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • B3C0C301-4A84-45D8-A855-B13F64118CE6.jpeg
    B3C0C301-4A84-45D8-A855-B13F64118CE6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2FF7A7AF-4328-4207-864C-CE2CCFE77731.jpeg
    2FF7A7AF-4328-4207-864C-CE2CCFE77731.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #1,067 of 8,027
Slick and keeping it “Made in Japan”. Not many people would cable roll a PWA 1960s cable or have anything that expensive!
Trailii being such a new IEM release one wonders if they would change the cable options over time. Would make the price point more approachable.

May 2, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #1,068 of 8,027
Slick and keeping it “Made in Japan”. Not many people would cable roll a PWA 1960s cable or have anything that expensive!
Trailii being such a new IEM release one wonders if they would change the cable options over time. Would make the price point more approachable.
Agreed! Since brise audio is also a Japanese brand, and with outstanding performance that i'm experiencing right now, I think they'll hear our comments and collaborate with Brise audio soon, who knows😆

May 2, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,069 of 8,027
I had a chance to do some testing with the PPS cable I recently got from doctorjuggles.

Couple of differences to the 1960's, as expected. Some quick impressions for my short listening session:

- Really nice synergy. Terrific clarity and layering, and female vocals are very sweet.
- Vocals a little less forward; and perhaps have a slightly softer edge. Not a night and day difference; it's like being 1-2 rows further back.
- Bass wise, similarly, perhaps a slightly softer "thwack". It's taut, tuneful and textured, with good definition and speed; but less extended in the deep sub-bass.
- Overall, a slightly less "boisterous" sound.

This is similar to what I hear with the Noir , where the 60's is just a little too excitable; the PPS tones it down nicely while still being very refined.

Putting the 60's back on, feels more exciting, more alive. Also a bit louder (even though I have not changed any settings or volume). I think it is also slightly more three dimensional; like it carves a deeper relief, if that makes sense. The added heft and rumble also helps it pull off the "bet you thought it's a DD" trick better too.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #1,070 of 8,027
Finally I found the perfect match for Traillii.
It's Yatono Ultimate cable from Brise audio. Spent entire this morning to listen to this cable with the bird, and I cannot stop listenning any moment. Really addicting sound. I would say yatono ultimate could easily beat pw1960s in every aspect. Much more balanced and controlled sound signature. Highly recommended for anyone wants to upgrade Traillii's stock cable to a better cable yet cheaper price.

I have tested Traillii with my Brise Yatono 4w...still prefer the stock cable.
Ultimate version is 50% of the Traillii...mix feeling~

May 3, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #1,071 of 8,027
I have tested Traillii with my Brise Yatono 4w...still prefer the stock cable.
Ultimate version is 50% of the Traillii...mix feeling~
I could hear the low-end of yatono ultimate is more organic and accurate. soundstage is deeper and layering is better than the stock one a little bit.
Stock cable sounds lighter and has more air in the notes, but to my ears it means less control that lead to kind of flat layering.
On the other hand, Yatono ultimate adds weight to the notes, and i hear no redundancy sparkling notes that give me feeling of fully controlled sound. And of course better layering, deeper soundstage.
(You might hear differences as I wrote above if you listen to same tracks as me, or some test cds such as "Incredible music and recordings vol 1~4")

May 3, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #1,072 of 8,027
So I know a lot has been said about the “God like” ability of the Odin’s bass, and while it’s bass is powered by two W9+ DD’s per side. The texture and growl is sublime and when those dd’s are invoked they are in your face, menacing and truly dynamic. One of the best bass I’ve ever encountered in a transducer. Especially for rumble quality.

That being said.....

TRAILLII is the QUEEN of my heart when it comes to bass response. My favorite bass I have ever heard and coming from a BA!!
Traillii bass is perfectly fast, natural, resolute, textured, articulate and while not growling in your face you still get that texture with blissful definition. The bass never dominates or distorts which I found on some tracks with Odin, the bass does indeed distort..(dark knight OST why so serious? For example)

If Odin is the King! Traillii is the Queen!!! And we all know that although the king is in charge, what the Queen says always goes! The Queen is the real boss 👑

May 3, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #1,073 of 8,027
it's said on a near daily basis...and that's ok, because this is the place to gush about the the bird...

...but bass on the traillii is probably the most impressive accomplishment I've heard to date from iem driver tuning.

other noteworthy tuning achievements for me are tia treble (though I feel that next-gen estats now comfortably surpass tia on clarity, energy, and naturalness,) w9 bass, and elysium single-driver ba bass.

for overall iem tuning, I still think elysium is super unique, and erlky impresses me most for an all-ba config, and...of course, since this is the place...

the bird takes the top overall iem tuning to date to my ears.

tweet.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #1,074 of 8,027
it's said on a near daily basis...and that's ok, because this is the place to gush about the the bird...

...but bass on the traillii is probably the most impressive accomplishment I've heard to date from iem driver tuning.

other noteworthy tuning achievements for me are tia treble (though I feel that next-gen estats now comfortably surpass tia on clarity, energy, and naturalness,) w9 bass, and elysium single-driver ba bass.

for overall iem tuning, I still think elysium is super unique, and erlky impresses me most for an all-ba config, and...of course, since this is the place...

tweet.
My birdie lands this Wednesday. Excited to see and hear the universal praise it’s received.

May 3, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #1,075 of 8,027

tweet.
Elysium will most likely be my next purchase. Would love to obtain an Erl but finding one seems near impossible. Also can’t wait to read the Mason Fs impressions.....I’ve also heard the new Qdc V14 has some impressive bass....but not enough impressions yet out there.

May 3, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #1,076 of 8,027
My birdie lands this Wednesday. Excited to see and hear the universal praise it’s received.
Excited for you!! Best Audio purchase of my
Life thus far!

May 3, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #1,077 of 8,027
impressions coming from some trusted sources this week...looking forward to them.

May 3, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #1,078 of 8,027
impressions coming from some trusted sources this week...looking forward to them.
Looks like an exciting week ahead. Me and @aaf evo will probably be able to post some Mason FS impressions and its comparison with Traillii. Me based off my memory and @aaf evo based on actual side-by-side comparisons. :grin:

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #1,079 of 8,027
Looks like an exciting week ahead. Me and @aaf evo will probably be able to post some Mason FS impressions and its comparison with Traillii. Me based off my memory and @aaf evo based on actual side-by-side comparisons. :grin:
That’s the IEM I’m most curious to read impressions on.

May 3, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #1,080 of 8,027
Elysium will most likely be my next purchase. Would love to obtain an Erl but finding one seems near impossible. Also can’t wait to read the Mason Fs impressions.....I’ve also heard the new Qdc V14 has some impressive bass....but not enough impressions yet out there.
You may want to audition Ely first. For me, the Traillii is superior in every way and I own the Ely. My Ely is a custom. White good bass considering it is a single BA driving the bass, it just does not compare. On top of that the Traillii easily matches and exceeds in the mids and treble. Other IEM’s might be more complimentary to the Traillii. Now if you just want one because it is gorgeous, don’t let me stop you.

The Ely is excellent on EDM by the way. The bass is not really that low and the Ely can punch in the upper bass and mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back