Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 6, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #7,504 of 8,024
The SP3000 is better powered than the SP2000 ... although I haven't adequately reviewed the specs. Whilst I suspect the DAC improvement may (or may not be) marginal, it is a stunningly high end DAP. The Trailii opens up nicely when driven well, hence the noticeable improvement for those who pair a Cayin C9 with their DAP. The SP3k may not actually need it.

Every time I listen to the bird. The detail and dynamics are stunning. Bass is punchy and accurate. If you're attuned to it, the balanced armature plastic-subliminal aspect is still there. Can't have all. For a portable combination, you could be very happy for a very very long time.

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #7,505 of 8,024
The SP3000 is better powered than the SP2000 ... although I haven't adequately reviewed the specs. Whilst I suspect the DAC improvement may (or may not be) marginal, it is a stunningly high end DAP. The Trailii opens up nicely when driven well, hence the noticeable improvement for those who pair a Cayin C9 with their DAP. The SP3k may not actually need it.

Every time I listen to the bird. The detail and dynamics are stunning. Bass is punchy and accurate. If you're attuned to it, the balanced armature plastic-subliminal aspect is still there. Can't have all. For a portable combination, you could be very happy for a very very long time.
As time goes by - I am more and more impressed. Classical music is effortless to listen to for hours - the timbre of the solo violin is spot-on, and my first IEM where the soundstage is often outside of my head. If I have one potential criticism - complex EDM can sound a bit congested at times - I haven't tested extensively and maybe its a break-in thing - but something I will explore further.

Jun 11, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #7,507 of 8,024
Hello together,
is anyone using the bird with a dongle and found a good synergy?
Just curious, as I would like to use the combination for on the road. :)
Thanks and best,
Phil
One of the great features of the Bird is that it shines no matter the system being used. It sounds great with an iPhone and the Apple dongle. If you want to move upstream a bit it also shines with the AudioQuest Dragonfly Red ( I am sure the latest as well ) which will allow you to play hidef recordings on the iPhone, and the Luxury Precision W2 ( and I am sure their latest W4 as well). These are some of the ones I have direct experience with connected to the Bird.

Jun 11, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #7,508 of 8,024
One of the great features of the Bird is that it shines no matter the system being used. It sounds great with an iPhone and the Apple dongle. If you want to move upstream a bit it also shines with the AudioQuest Dragonfly Red ( I am sure the latest as well ) which will allow you to play hidef recordings on the iPhone, and the Luxury Precision W2 ( and I am sure their latest W4 as well). These are some of the ones I have direct experience with connected to the Bird.
Really thank you for your feedback, with which do you have direct experiences, if I may ask?

Jun 11, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #7,510 of 8,024
give the "bird" a listen through a hugo 2....

Jun 12, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #7,512 of 8,024
Hello together,
is anyone using the bird with a dongle and found a good synergy?
Just curious, as I would like to use the combination for on the road. :)
Thanks and best,
Phil
The combo with LP W2 was surprisingly great for me.

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #7,514 of 8,024
Really thank you for your feedbacks, ordered a LP W2 and will keep you updated. :)
I use LP P6Pro and i use otg cable to listen my streaming server. When it cone to portable, LP WP2 is not bad, but if you don't need to move around, i will recommend you Brise audio accurate-usb. It's the must quite and sound quality usb cable I try so far. Yet like i said, because of the issue of portable, i switch to Erua Special II.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #7,515 of 8,024
I concur with the bird sounding good from anything. IMO it’s one of the biggest factors in it being a big win. The opposite end of the spectrum would be EE Wraith. I never got them to sound good, but I understand with the right source, correct amp and during a full moon they could sound terrific. I have multiple dongles (iFi gold bar, W2, S2 and RU6. I have my preferences between them but the bird sounds great with all of them. Also doesn’t sound too different from WM1A up to McIntosh MHA150.

Instead of scaling up, I think they scale down (in a good way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back