Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 6, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #7,486 of 7,989
Def no roll-off of mid bass (if I am reading that correctly,)…that part of the frequency response is accentuated.

There is a smoothing of treble.

May 6, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #7,488 of 7,989
yes, then your expectation for orpheus is accurate, based on my experience.

orpheus with traillii is an amazing combination...still among the best sound i've heard from any iem.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #7,489 of 7,989
I received The Celeste few days ago and with Traillii is a perfect match.
I have a First Time,not shielding, and sound is very good, but with The Celesta for me is better.
Bass is very similar, mid bass with Celesta is little less full than FT but is correct, mid very natural and transparent and high with more details and more aire.
I was thinking to orpheus but read many times that is little roll off with full mid bass,or Centurion too thin and opens I bought The Celesta and I am very happy.
Also conductor is silver from Kondo,i have Kondo top cables in my system,LS 41,and I find in Celesta the same signature.
Really a fantastic cable at a very high price but reasonable against Orpheus,Centurio,Brise and could be little better
Do you have a picture of The Celesta ?

May 6, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #7,490 of 7,989
For me it is the 1960’s that comes with it or the Orpheus. The First Times will also be excellent, but not worth the cost vs the stock 1960’s as I did not hear much if any difference in my short audition.

Something to try might be the 1950’s or the new 1950’s with shielding. If you do not want any microphonics try the Centurion.
it is indeed very good and lively with centurion. when i paired cent with odins, it was way off. everything became hyper detailed but super thin (i am not great at describing audio stuff).
however, traillii with centurion changed my mind about the cable. in fact i may keep it besides the orphy to have an alternative signature.

but as warmth goes (it is a bit subjective) centurion will not be as “warm” as the rest mentioned here.
Thanks for the answer!

I do not have a stock cable, so I have to buy something. Currently I have a First Times, which I actually find quite good with Traillii. It was just wondering if there might be something "better". It definitely needs to be warm sounding, so Centurion would be not a good option for me. I did a lot of research, and I think FT is indeed the better (and safer) option. The Shielding version is unfortunately out of the question because of the poor ergonomics.

May 6, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #7,491 of 7,989

Attachments

• IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3106.jpg
    IMG_3106.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3109.jpg
    IMG_3109.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
May 7, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #7,493 of 7,989
Thanks for the answer!

I do not have a stock cable, so I have to buy something. Currently I have a First Times, which I actually find quite good with Traillii. It was just wondering if there might be something "better". It definitely needs to be warm sounding, so Centurion would be not a good option for me. I did a lot of research, and I think FT is indeed the better (and safer) option. The Shielding version is unfortunately out of the question because of the poor ergonomics.
If you have First Times you have a great cable. Probably the only thing better is the Orpheus and that is even thicker. My 2 cents would be to enjoy the First Times with the Traillii.

May 7, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #7,498 of 7,989
Yes,this.

Use silver conductor from Kondo,that is a guarantee
try this last week, become my dream cable now, have you try this combo with brise tsuranagi ?

May 8, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #7,500 of 7,989
Happy you likes seems I have good ears!

Not tried Tsuranagi
In Italy there are no one shop or distributor to try these products
That sad! Yes, celeste doing the jo so damn well with Traillii

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back