Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 16, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #7,456 of 8,024
Still only hearsay. Nothing formal has been announced. Please also realize any new model might end up being complimentary or not as good. I have thought about this myself, and there are no guarantees a new model will be superior to the current model. I would hope so for the sake of Oriolus, but it is not a given. Proper fit can also be an issue should the dimensions of the shell have to be changed.
However, until now Oriolus is hardly wrong in making products. It is a serious company and only enters the market when it actually has something of quality. And I don't think it makes a Traillii MKII. Maybe a top of the range will come out and Traillii will remain in the catalogue.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #7,457 of 8,024
Still only hearsay. Nothing formal has been announced. Please also realize any new model might end up being complimentary or not as good. I have thought about this myself, and there are no guarantees a new model will be superior to the current model. I would hope so for the sake of Oriolus, but it is not a given. Proper fit can also be an issue should the dimensions of the shell have to be changed.
that being said, if it comes out as hearsaid, i probably will want to give it a try. i could do this blindly or after its well reviewed and compared; the latter makes more sense of couse but again how do i tame my own animal ?!

Apr 17, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #7,458 of 8,024
A new model is not always better ; and may be subtle ... or associated with a costly price increase. @MusicTeck may know?

I'd hate to think how much engineering would be required to improve the current model.

Apr 17, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #7,459 of 8,024
FYI, I got scammed by someone who contacted me through my WTB ad for a Traillii, using @Curtisvill account who was hacked.
I unfortunately concluded the deal and paid, but I hope PayPal Buyer Protection will kick in as it was a normal payout.
I trusted the individual as the account was active and seemed all legit. It wasn’t until I got contacted by the rightful owner that I realized I got scammed.
Be vigilant out there…
No Traillii for me (and no money either for now :-/ )
Sorry to hear this. Hope receive full compensation.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #7,461 of 8,024
I hear you. However the Traillii has been out at least 3 years already, so they are not rushing out updates as with some other companies. I have compared just about every IEM to the Traillii and it is still the best IMHO, so fear not, even if another comes out at the end of the year or early next. Listen and enjoy.
Couldn’t agree more. If anything, the Bird’s longevity as being relevant for so long should be seen as a huge reason it’s such a safe buy, even with any talk of something coming out as a new Oriolus flagship.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #7,462 of 8,024
the "bird" is kind of like the susvara...everyone keeps asking when there will be a successor yet the manufacturer says he cannot figure out how to better it

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #7,464 of 8,024
Here is what I would recommend auditioning:

1) Elysian X or Annihilator

2) FIR Audio: XE6 or KR5 or NE4

3) Empire Ears Legend EVO or Legend X

Bonus) Any of the UM Masons. My favorite is Red Halo FE. You didn't mention vocals. These would be my pick for vocals
Hi there,

Could you please share your experience with the Annihilator and Traillii? Trying to decide which one to try first. THank you

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #7,466 of 8,024
After many times i dont listen iem,this week due to Covid,i am in bed with few fever and all ok,i am listening a lot and i am shocked how is incredible Traillii.

I have Wraith,UM Red Halo FE and Jewel,and i am listening all.

Jewel is fantastic,very dinamic and fast,with very good bass,natural mid,and mid high very free,open but sweet.Little this on mid bass, but can match with some cables

UM Red Halo is fantastic also,little less airy than jewel but very organic, natural mid bass and mid and big space between instrument.

traillii is perfect, for me.

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #7,467 of 8,024
I ordered now Dita The Celeste cable from Musicteck.I never listened and also never read a report, but I bought because the silver conductor come from Kondo.
I love Kondo and in Kondo system I have all new LS 41 cable.
Will compare with First Time

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #7,468 of 8,024
After many times i dont listen iem,this week due to Covid,i am in bed with few fever and all ok,i am listening a lot and i am shocked how is incredible Traillii.

I have Wraith,UM Red Halo FE and Jewel,and i am listening all.

Jewel is fantastic,very dinamic and fast,with very good bass,natural mid,and mid high very free,open but sweet.Little this on mid bass, but can match with some cables

UM Red Halo is fantastic also,little less airy than jewel but very organic, natural mid bass and mid and big space between instrument.

traillii is perfect, for me.
Happy to hear you like the Traillii. I hope you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back