Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Dec 15, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #7,171 of 8,024
Yes, a fuller sound with more bass is exactly what I'm after along with a more realistic timbre and a warmer/thicker vocal. I was just wondering about the vocal placement but if you say more similar to the MKII then I would be a happy man as I love it too.

Many Thanks...
The Red Halo and LeJardin will give you a warmer thicker vocal.

Dec 15, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #7,172 of 8,024
Yes, a fuller sound with more bass is exactly what I'm after along with a more realistic timbre and a warmer/thicker vocal. I was just wondering about the vocal placement but if you say more similar to the MKII then I would be a happy man as I love it too.

Many Thanks...
The mids, particularly the vocals, get a bit more attention as they have more body, warmth and weight. They are also much more natural and realistic. They are more accurate in conveying timbres and emotions.

Dec 16, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #7,173 of 8,024
Judging by the craziness going on right now, you could very well consider Traillii a good vintage mid-range IEM.
The people ran forward comparing the XE6, Noble and MM. For some, they will definitely be better, and someone like me will calmly stick with Traillii until the next big bang.
I already own Traillii. I was looking for something to alternate .... then a little faster, more detailed, with more panache and wickedness. So I don't know whether to try Jewel or go further and try Ragnar. Which from what I read should be more " analytical " than Jewel. The problem is, I don't know HOW MUCH more forward it is. I don't want it to be too much.

Dec 16, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #7,174 of 8,024
From my experience of trying both, I find that Jewel is a bit more forward and tighter than the Traillii while the Ragnar came off as being more analytical than the Traillii (but also a bit more dry too). I found the Jewel the "funnest" listen out of the three. Both have their advantages over the Traillii. Though I have to say, I didn't find either of those options created enough improvement for me to consider them. I might also be biased because I did only just joined the Traillii a month ago!

Dec 16, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #7,175 of 8,024
From my experience of trying both, I find that Jewel is a bit more forward and tighter than the Traillii while the Ragnar came off as being more analytical than the Traillii (but also a bit more dry too). I found the Jewel the "funnest" listen out of the three. Both have their advantages over the Traillii. Though I have to say, I didn't find either of those options created enough improvement for me to consider them. I might also be biased because I did only just joined the Traillii a month ago!
explain me better.... the differences between Jewel and Ragnar compared to Traillii. Could you help me (and not a little) to understand. Thanks for your availability.

Dec 16, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #7,176 of 8,024
explain me better.... the differences between Jewel and Ragnar compared to Traillii. Could you help me (and not a little) to understand. Thanks for your availability.
I'll try my best to answer though I am relying on a very short session of demo-ing on my end (around 30mins for both Ragnar and Jewel) and never owned either of those IEMs. The main differences that I got from demo-ing are the following:

Aroma Jewel vs Traillii:
- Punchier base, better texture, better clarity, this makes it the more engaging IEM out of the three -- can also feel "faster" because you can hear the beats
- Traillii has better mids from my short demo-ing, but it is only by an edge just because it seems more forward while mids are a bit more backward with the Jewel

Ragnar Viking vs Traillii:
- More sparkle, superb separation, layering, and soundstage, can easily pick up details and position of each component of the music -- perhaps the best at it out of the three. Maybe even what I consider to be the best at being a "referencing monitor"?
- Not a punchy bass, so it isn't a very "warm" IEM to listen to, Jewel is better at the bass than the Viking in memory and Ragnar is about the same bass level as Traillii
- Because of its impressive soundstage and separation, I felt like everything seems further away -- not necessarily a bad thing if you want to be able to hear all components of a music track, but if you are into the "musicality" factor, Ragnar might not be the best choice

Both Jewel and Vikings are, without a doubt, better than the Traillii. If you want an IEM that will do better bass AND better clarity... from Watercooler chat, it sounds like that IEM might be the UM's Multiverse Mentor. I have not heard of the MM to say for sure though.

Dec 16, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #7,177 of 8,024
I'll try my best to answer though I am relying on a very short session of demo-ing on my end (around 30mins for both Ragnar and Jewel) and never owned either of those IEMs. The main differences that I got from demo-ing are the following:

Aroma Jewel vs Traillii:
- Punchier base, better texture, better clarity, this makes it the more engaging IEM out of the three -- can also feel "faster" because you can hear the beats
- Traillii has better mids from my short demo-ing, but it is only by an edge just because it seems more forward while mids are a bit more backward with the Jewel

Ragnar Viking vs Traillii:
- More sparkle, superb separation, layering, and soundstage, can easily pick up details and position of each component of the music -- perhaps the best at it out of the three. Maybe even what I consider to be the best at being a "referencing monitor"?
- Not a punchy bass, so it isn't a very "warm" IEM to listen to, Jewel is better at the bass than the Viking in memory and Ragnar is about the same bass level as Traillii
- Because of its impressive soundstage and separation, I felt like everything seems further away -- not necessarily a bad thing if you want to be able to hear all components of a music track, but if you are into the "musicality" factor, Ragnar might not be the best choice

Both Jewel and Vikings are, without a doubt, better than the Traillii. If you want an IEM that will do better bass AND better clarity... from Watercooler chat, it sounds like that IEM might be the UM's Multiverse Mentor. I have not heard of the MM to say for sure though.
Thanks for your answer. Traillii basses, I like them. I don't need more bass. I like Traillii's musicality, but overall I find it too relaxed. Surely Traillii doesn't get tired and it's really nice to hear but it lacks that aggressiveness and malice that would be needed in certain cases. Like metal or very technical and fast electronic music.

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #7,178 of 8,024
I’ll just add to the mix the Jomo GT 600. I own the Traillii, Jewel, Monarch MkII, MEXT, and a bunch of others I’m not remembering right now. I’m honestly not discerning enough to know forward, backward or sideways, but I am on a plane a couple times a week and grab one of my collection as I am leaving. I just spent several hours with the Jomo on (driven by an A&K SP 3k) and I really enjoyed it. I would guess a little v-shaped - punchy base and bright highs, but not fatiguing, very clear and detailed, and quite comfortable. If I recall it’s also a couple thousand less expensive than the Traillii. Could be worth a listen if you can get access to a pair. I’m not a shill for any brand - just an iem addict.

Dec 16, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #7,179 of 8,024
I’ll just add to the mix the Jomo GT 600. I own the Traillii, Jewel, Monarch MkII, MEXT, and a bunch of others I’m not remembering right now. I’m honestly not discerning enough to know forward, backward or sideways, but I am on a plane a couple times a week and grab one of my collection as I am leaving. I just spent several hours with the Jomo on (driven by an A&K SP 3k) and I really enjoyed it. I would guess a little v-shaped - punchy base and bright highs, but not fatiguing, very clear and detailed, and quite comfortable. If I recall it’s also a couple thousand less expensive than the Traillii. Could be worth a listen if you can get access to a pair. I’m not a shill for any brand - just an iem addict.
Thanks for the advice. I had read about Jomo gt 600 some time ago but after that he seemed to have disappeared almost everywhere. Maybe he didn't get the right match.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #7,181 of 8,024
I did, but awhile ago. I felt it did not compare to the Traillii overall. I vaguely remember liking the bass of the Traillii better and preferring the Trailli’s midrange as well. I also think I like the Mk2 vs the OG. I was using rock, jazz and vocals to compare
Sounds like the Traillii is big step up compared to either of the Mest. I love jazz and vocals so think this would be a good upgrade path.

The Red Halo and LeJardin will give you a warmer thicker vocal.
I actually looked into the Red Halo but think it might be a bit thicker in the vocals than I want. I heard a while back that the Red Halo may have a bit less bass compared to the Traillii?

The mids, particularly the vocals, get a bit more attention as they have more body, warmth and weight. They are also much more natural and realistic. They are more accurate in conveying timbres and emotions.
Sounds exactly what I'm after regarding the vocals body/warmth and a more realistic and natural timbre.

I am interested in the Jewel but Think I will head down the Traillii path first. I had the Monarch MKII and liked it but sold it to build up a bit of money to go higher up the IEM ladder.

Thank you all your great help, I genuinely appreciate it 😃

Dec 16, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #7,182 of 8,024
Sounds like the Traillii is big step up compared to either of the Mest. I love jazz and vocals so think this would be a good upgrade path.

I actually looked into the Red Halo but think it might be a bit thicker in the vocals than I want. I heard a while back that the Red Halo may have a bit less bass compared to the Traillii?

Sounds exactly what I'm after regarding the vocals body/warmth and a more realistic and natural timbre.

I am interested in the Jewel but Think I will head down the Traillii path first. I had the Monarch MKII and liked it but sold it to build up a bit of money to go higher up the IEM ladder.

Thank you all your great help, I genuinely appreciate it 😃
Based on what you describe and the music you like I think the Traillii is for you. It has some of the best ( if not the best ) mids in IEMs.

Dec 16, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #7,184 of 8,024
I already own Traillii. I was looking for something to alternate .... then a little faster, more detailed, with more panache and wickedness. So I don't know whether to try Jewel or go further and try Ragnar. Which from what I read should be more " analytical " than Jewel. The problem is, I don't know HOW MUCH more forward it is. I don't want it to be too much.
I am sure that here you have to compare everything yourself. What is too much for someone may not be enough for you. And vice versa.

Dec 16, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #7,185 of 8,024
the UM mason FS is a good choice...real good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back