Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Sep 15, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #4,831 of 8,027
Flip the tips inside out. Works for me.

Yes me too, I should have mentioned also. Its frustrating but persevere and they will go on!

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #4,832 of 8,027
Flip the tips inside out. Works for me.
Good tip (excuse the pun). I use this technique with virtually all my IEMs now, even if I don't have to. Guarantees a good fit every time. Also the only way to get just about any tip on Isa.

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #4,833 of 8,027
It is just a different perspective of looking at the bass, but I get what you are saying. Odin bass is leaner and more articulate, it's all about quality, layering, speed. Traillii's bass is about a warm analog-like impact and extension, and more elevated quantity. People refer to Traillii BA bass to sound more like DD, while Odin double DD having more BA like precision (which also confuses some because they expect LX like basshead slam due to the same DD drivers). Also, I think the "bleed" into lower mids you referring to is just part of a thicker body of Traillii lower mids, while Odin lower mids are very neutral and lean. All has to do with a relative perspective, and just the way we hear it :)
I agree with what you are saying. If you A/B test the Traillii and Odin and listen just to the bass, the Odin has much higher quality, texture, detail, nuance than Traillii. The impression people are getting is like you said, the Odin has leaner bass so people can confuse that with worse bass. It's not at all. The EVO changes all of that. Same drivers, but bass head tuning. This won't confuse people, IMHO.

Sep 15, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #4,834 of 8,027
Would you say any bass quality is lost with the quantity increase in the Evo?

Sep 15, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #4,835 of 8,027
Would you say any bass quality is lost with the quantity increase in the Evo?
Not to my ear. It sounds like Odin bass tuned to LX levels. Makes sense since it's the same drivers for bass.

Sep 15, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #4,836 of 8,027
Not to my ear. It sounds like Odin bass tuned to LX levels. Makes sense since it's the same drivers for bass.
delightful.

sounds like traillii and erlky will gain a new friend...

Sep 15, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #4,837 of 8,027
I'm in absolute bliss with these - I had many moments of being convinced I'd have to part with them and even where some tips weren't as bad, I was still feeling discomfort which made it very hard to enjoy the music. It really was a horrible feeling having spent so much.

Tonight, I'm listening with zero pain or pressure and just appreciating the music in all its beauty!
I’m glad that you have solved the tips issue. Now you can return to musical bliss.

I have also found the Azla Crystals on Amazon UK and I’ve added them to my wish list - just in case!🤞

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #4,838 of 8,027
Love Azla Crystals as well, but to my ears they are a little more "bassier" than Xelastec when paired up with Traillii. Perhaps, has to do with a slightly narrower bore opening of the eartips.

With EVO bass, based on my measurements, the quantity is slightly scaled down from LX, and the upper mids are scaled up relative to LX. So, there is a different tonal balance between low end and mids. And when you add Weapon X BC driver on top of that, the bass is shaped with a multi-dimensional secret sauce (not as flat as LX, but rather multi-layered).

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #4,839 of 8,027
Good reply Twister and how I hear it - also worth noting Source. 3MAX adds an extra dimension to Triallii's bass and tightens it up a bit too.

Frankly the Odin and Bird are an absolute awesome complimentary pair to own and I couldn't be happier.

BTW - does Z1R get a look in at all?!

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,840 of 8,027
Love Azla Crystals as well, but to my ears they are a little more "bassier" than Xelastec when paired up with Traillii. Perhaps, has to do with a slightly narrower bore opening of the eartips.

With EVO bass, based on my measurements, the quantity is slightly scaled down from LX, and the upper mids are scaled up relative to LX. So, there is a different tonal balance between low end and mids. And when you add Weapon X BC driver on top of that, the bass is shaped with a multi-dimensional secret sauce (not as flat as LX, but rather multi-layered).

I must try Xelastec with Traillii. My assumption was the material would continue with the suction issue but not the case with Crystal and similar material.

I'm actually finding Crystals have tightened up the bass nicely versus other tips - that might be due to fit issues previously.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #4,841 of 8,027
BTW - does Z1R get a look in at all?!
Maybe a notch down, but IER-Z1R and Mest II really do a lot of great things without emptying your wallet! :wink:

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #4,842 of 8,027
Maybe a notch down, but IER-Z1R and Mest II really do a lot of great things without emptying your wallet! :wink:

I feel I've sort of ticked the Z1R box by way of IE900 based on feedback from others, some of which dubbed it Z1R MKII 😁 MEST MKII in the collection, doesn't get much ear time but I think I might need a better DAP for full potential.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #4,843 of 8,027
Good tip (excuse the pun). I use this technique with virtually all my IEMs now, even if I don't have to. Guarantees a good fit every time. Also the only way to get just about any tip on Isa.
It's a good tip. It has improved my tip rolling technique. I still can't get the Crystals onto the Isa. I gave up.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #4,844 of 8,027
I feel I've sort of ticked the Z1R box by way of IE900 based on feedback from others, some of which dubbed it Z1R MKII 😁 MEST MKII in the collection, doesn't get much ear time but I think I might need a better DAP for full potential.
I need to hear the IE900. I love my Z1Rs. I am not sure the consensus is that IE900 is an upgrade to the Z1R.

Sep 16, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #4,845 of 8,027
I need to hear the IE900. I love my Z1Rs. I am not sure the consensus is that IE900 is an upgrade to the Z1R.

Oh I'm sure it's not the consensus, I've heard a few comments to that effect though. I'd still love to hear it myself.

I removed and put Crystal back on again. Inside out, position on one side and drag to the other.

20210916_142228.jpg

20210916_142123.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back