Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 1, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #3,391 of 8,024
Errrr, I think I’m going to pull the trigger on a custom designed universal Traillii.

I really want to match it to the Orpheus, cheesy, I know.

I was thinking S-4 for the faceplate and possibly either just clear shell or maybe C-10 for the shell, but do I want to hide the gorgeous internals?

1625161959736.jpeg
You are nuts. You want to spend $5000+ to get a $3 face plate?

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #3,393 of 8,024
To match my $5000 cable, yes.
It would be cheaper to do some paint matching at Benjamin Moore and dip your Orpheus into it.

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #3,394 of 8,024
It would be cheaper to do some paint matching at Benjamin Moore and dip your Orpheus into it.
Some painters tape and a spay can.
If careful dipping does not work.
Here is another thought, fingernail polish may work.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,396 of 8,024
My special edition, deep space "Blue Bird" :wink:

img3392b.jpg

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #3,398 of 8,024
Some painters tape and a spay can.
If careful dipping does not work.
Here is another thought, fingernail polish may work.
There are some pretty darn good finger nail polish artists in Orange County, CA from Vietnam. I would just fly to California for Can Jam and have one of them paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel onto your Traillii.

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #3,399 of 8,024
Dude, don’t forget you’re in the Traillii thread. This ain’t no mid-fi MEST thread or somethin’ 😎

#birdhouse #nuthouse

Are you suggesting there is a thin line between cuckoo's nest and "birdhouse" :D

1625165435128.png

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,400 of 8,024
Are you suggesting there is a thin line between cuckoo's nest and "birdhouse" :D

1625165435128.png
Everyone who posts regularly to this thread is certifiably insane. We buy 3 amp modules for a DAP when 1 will do. We buy $5000 cables and pair them with $35 IEMs. We order a $5000 IEM and while we are waiting for it, we buy and sell 3-5 other IEMs. We are crazy to about 4 or 5 standard deviations from the mean. What differentiates the posters here more than anything is their creativity in justifying their ludicrous expenditures.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #3,401 of 8,024
Everyone who posts regularly to this thread is certifiably insane. We buy 3 amp modules for a DAP when 1 will do. We buy $5000 cables and pair them with $35 IEMs. We order a $5000 IEM and while we are waiting for it, we buy and sell 3-5 other IEMs. We are crazy to about 4 or 5 standard deviations from the mean. What differentiates the posters here more than anything is their creativity in justifying their ludicrous expenditures.

Hahahahahah @Damz87 I think the third sentence may be directed towards you. 😜

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #3,402 of 8,024
Hahahahahah @Damz87 I think the third sentence may be directed towards you. 😜
The only smart person here is @twister6. He gets manufactures to give him free stuff so he can create new categories of the greatest thing he's ever heard so that he can make them all feel that they are special so that all of us feel the need to buy one. He's the bartender at our alcoholics anonymous meeting

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #3,403 of 8,024
The only smart person here is @twister6. He gets manufactures to give him free stuff so he can create new categories of the greatest thing he's ever heard so that he can make them all feel that they are special so that all of us feel the need to buy one. He's the bartender at our alcoholics anonymous meeting

I like a good drink or ten when I go out with friends. 🥳

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #3,405 of 8,024

The funny thing is that I get messages from people complaining why I never say in my reviews "this is the best thing ever" or why I don't rank or rate. And some even get angry with a neutral review style. Go figure, I guess some prefer to read the hype from influencers rather than neutral reviewers. I prefer to describe what and how I hear it, while you guys/gals have to figure out if it's the right one for you and your pocket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back