Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 10, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #2,716 of 8,027
I will most likely get a Mason FS in the coming months or a Fusang, although the atilla cable sounds much more appealing than that purple charm one that comes with the Fusang. Gotta save up!

Jun 10, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #2,717 of 8,027
I will most likely get a Mason FS in the coming months or a Fusang, although the atilla cable sounds much more appealing than that purple charm one that comes with the Fusang. Gotta save up!
Seems that @RTodd just grabbed the last one of FS for this batch. :sweat_smile:

Jun 10, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #2,718 of 8,027
Dude, you do you.

No need to justify your idiosyncratic irrationality.

We’re all cuckoo in the birdhouse.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I normally don't like people speaking for me, but I'm glad you said it. We've got to be mad. And indeed, more power to @aaf evo in his search!

Jun 10, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #2,719 of 8,027
Seems that @RTodd just grabbed the last one of FS for this batch. :sweat_smile:
I did see that, I assume there will be more( I am not certain as I have not checked the validity of my assumption..yet) as its for sale on Unique Melody's site. Or I will get the Fusang and purchase the Atilla cable separately. I am not in a big hurry and I want to read more impressions/reviews. :)

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #2,720 of 8,027
I did see that, I assume there will be more( I am not certain as I have not checked the validity of my assumption..yet) as its for sale on Unique Melody's site. Or I will get the Fusang and purchase the Atilla cable separately. I am not in a big hurry and I want to read more impressions/reviews. :)
The second batch should be available in half a year from now.

That Atilla cable is indeed very nice, so is the faceplate of Fusang. Fusang + the Atilla will be a great looking pairing too. And, Atilla should work very well with the bird for vocal.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #2,722 of 8,027
Sorry about that beat you to it, I guess.
Got number 12, was expecting 19 as I thought Andrew had 2 left.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #2,723 of 8,027
Can this IEM sound like an high end open back headphones or is asking too much?
In some ways it sounds better I think.
More intimate, more isolating.

The over ear would have more space depending on which one.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #2,724 of 8,027
@RTodd I think you and @toaster may have purchased the last of the Mason FS at musicteck. Seems you both bought them around the same time from the thread posts.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,725 of 8,027
Can this IEM sound like an high end open back headphones or is asking too much?
I have been A/B testing the Bird vs. Focal Utopia. In almost all categories including sound stage, the Utopia sounds better to my ear. It has better resolution, deeper and richer bass response. Given the Utopia's reputation of having a relatively modest sound stage for an open back headphone this surprised me. Where the Bird has an advantage is where isolation matters in having a black enough background to pick up on nuance. But, listening in a relatively sound proof room will probably solve it.

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #2,727 of 8,027
@RTodd I think you and @toaster may have purchased the last of the Mason FS at musicteck. Seems you both bought them around the same time from the thread posts.
Mine is only planned as a demo...then again I had the same plans for the bird.

I am not expecting to keep the FS, but I need to hear it before I’ll know for sure.

Fourte is probably on the way out after my brief reunion. Really glad to revisit this one. It sounds nearly identical to what I remembered...super weird and wonky, but it does have its unique charm. It still impresses me considering it came out so long ago. It does not compete with the traillii in any way, but I do enjoy its dd implementation, and for $2k it offers a very unique and technical (albeit quirky) listen.

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #2,728 of 8,027
Has anyone reviewed these compared to the Percivali?
Currently listening to the legend X SE and the Percivali mainly for non-customs.

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2,730 of 8,027

Users who are viewing this thread

Back