Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #2,221 of 8,024
Hey… @bluestorm1992 says it’s great with the Mason FS, me and @RTodd love it with the Traillii… what are you waiting for? :wink:
Yes I do, best pairing I have heard for Traillii, note I have not heard them all.

I was doing comparisons yesterday with P6P Traillii vs. Mason FS, more to come on that.
Quick thought with the Mason FS I missed the bass of the Traillii which is faster.
Need to do more extensive listening planning on using Prog for this comparison and probably also Trio Jazz.

Today I focused on M8 with Elysium and Mason FS interesting differences I will write up more detail soon. Today I used smokey female vocals with various instruments accompanying.
Highlight both sound real nice with the M8, Elysium takes more power, had to volume match 38 to 27 in Turbo. Elysium vocals are more airy in that you can hear the air leaving the mouth of the singer and details related to that more.
I think it will come down to preference.
If price is not a factor.
Note; Planning on posting M8,Ely,FS on the M8 and Mason FS thread once all thoughts are together, as it is not about Traillii.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #2,223 of 8,024
Despite the rainstorms, the bird has landed!

:ballot_box_with_check: M8 connected
:ballot_box_with_check: R2R DAC
:ballot_box_with_check: Beefy amp
:ballot_box_with_check: Traillii
:ballot_box_with_check: The little brother Mk2
:ballot_box_with_check: Sounds good, hell yeah

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

img7238.jpg

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #2,225 of 8,024
Yes I do, best pairing I have heard for Traillii, note I have not heard them all.

I was doing comparisons yesterday with P6P Traillii vs. Mason FS, more to come on that.
Quick thought with the Mason FS I missed the bass of the Traillii which is faster.
Need to do more extensive listening planning on using Prog for this comparison and probably also Trio Jazz.

Today I focused on M8 with Elysium and Mason FS interesting differences I will write up more detail soon. Today I used smokey female vocals with various instruments accompanying.
Highlight both sound real nice with the M8, Elysium takes more power, had to volume match 38 to 27 in Turbo. Elysium vocals are more airy in that you can hear the air leaving the mouth of the singer and details related to that more.
I think it will come down to preference.
If price is not a factor.
Note; Planning on posting M8,Ely,FS on the M8 and Mason FS thread once all thoughts are together, as it is not about Traillii.
Thanks for sharing!

A bit confused about an impression you mentioned here “Elysium vocals are more airy in that you can hear the air leaving the mouth of the singer and details related to that more.
I think it will come down to preference.” Do you meant to say FS or just that you think Ely is more airy, because I kind of feel the opposite of this impression as-is.

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #2,226 of 8,024
Thanks for sharing!

A bit confused about an impression you mentioned here “Elysium vocals are more airy in that you can hear the air leaving the mouth of the singer and details related to that more.
I think it will come down to preference.” Do you meant to say FS or just that you think Ely is more airy, because I kind of feel the opposite of this impression as-is.
I heard more air coming from the throat and past the lips of the singer with the Elysium than the Mason FS. I will try and repeat what I think I heard today again, and make sure. Anyway we should maybe pick this back up in the Mason thread after I put the impressions together.

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #2,227 of 8,024
After reading all the scuttlebutt, I can tell the Mason FS or Fusang wouldn't be for me. I have heard "cold" and only seen praise for vocals. I don't even think I listen to vocal centric music. Not to mention I didn't think that was even a thing. Even acoustic music incorporates other instruments. I feel like Traillii renders the entirety of the track while still giving vocals insane realism. If I can't hear the breath against my face but hear vocals as they would sound in real life, I'm good.

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #2,228 of 8,024
After reading all the scuttlebutt, I can tell the Mason FS or Fusang wouldn't be for me. I have heard "cold" and only seen praise for vocals. I don't even think I listen to vocal centric music. Not to mention I didn't think that was even a thing. Even acoustic music incorporates other instruments. I feel like Traillii renders the entirety of the track while still giving vocals insane realism. If I can't hear the breath against my face but hear vocals as they would sound in real life, I'm good.
FS/Fusang is particularly good for instruments too (like violin or piano solo), but I agree that FS/Fusang are both very genre-specific and would not fit everyone’s taste. Hard to think that it will reach Traillii’s success in generating an universal praise. Even for the people who are interested in FS/Fusang after reading the impressions, I would strongly recommend doing an audition if possible.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #2,229 of 8,024
FS/Fusang is particular good for instruments too (like violin or piano solo), but I agree that FS/Fusang are both very genre-specific and would not fit everyone’s taste. Hard to think that it will reach Traillii’s success in generating an universal praise. Even for the people who are interested in FS/Fusang after reading the impressions, I would strongly recommend doing an audition if possible.
Yep, great advice. At the end of the day, if someone is looking for a particular stand out and FS/FuSang does it, it'll be priceless to them. Doesn't take away form the product at all.

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #2,230 of 8,024
FS/Fusang is particularly good for instruments too (like violin or piano solo), but I agree that FS/Fusang are both very genre-specific and would not fit everyone’s taste. Hard to think that it will reach Traillii’s success in generating an universal praise. Even for the people who are interested in FS/Fusang after reading the impressions, I would strongly recommend doing an audition if possible.

There's a strong Traillii following here but aren't there strong UM FS following in China? From what I heard, UM and QDC are two top brands in China, each with a strong following, both catering to the pro-musician industry too (a bit like 64/EE here?). I would guess that their tuning is found on numerous feedback. I can respect and value broadly tested tuning. From my understanding, Oriolus is a much smaller shop with a stronger founder's taste in tuning. I always wanted to try Mason V3+, now FS, but I keep getting drawn to Oriolus... one day soon...

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #2,231 of 8,024
😳 looks like an incredible setup. Enjoy.

Thanks, love your setup too! :wink: Your words about the bird were all true and good! Thanks for that too!

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #2,232 of 8,024
There's a strong Traillii following here but aren't there strong UM FS following in China? From what I heard, UM and QDC are two top brands in China, each with a strong following, both catering to the pro-musician industry too (a bit like 64/EE here?). I would guess that their tuning is found on numerous feedback. I can respect and value broadly tested tuning. From my understanding, Oriolus is a much smaller shop with a stronger founder's taste in tuning. I always wanted to try Mason V3+, now FS, but I keep getting drawn to Oriolus... one day soon...
Actually, FS in China has not yet been delivered to customers. I have had like 5+ Chinese FS buyers contacting me for my listening impressions. :sweat_smile:

And, yes, Oriolus is a much smaller workshop compared to UM. I think UM has been in the business of making customs for both professionals and “regular” customers for like 10+ years.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #2,233 of 8,024
The Birdie has landed in Hawaii. I just unboxed it and put on CP500 tips since these have the widest bore I have ever seen. I have them in my ears right now and getting ready to fire up some music. Let's see how it goes......

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #2,235 of 8,024
I spent a few hours listening to the Bird and I have a one word review for them: Ichiban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back