Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 30, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #1,996 of 8,024
This thread is all just an elaborate prank to get you to spend $6k. It’s actually the worst IEM I’ve ever heard… 🙃

Congrats buddy. Looking forward to reading your impressions.
That's why I said you guys suck. It may be great. It may be terrible. I had to find out for myself.

May 30, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #1,997 of 8,024
That's why I said you guys suck. It may be great. It may be terrible. I had to find out for myself.
Now that I am thinking back, does this all started from you PMing me about getting a new DAP? :sweat_smile:

May 30, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #1,998 of 8,024

Attachments

• Utopia.jpg
    Utopia.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
May 30, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #1,999 of 8,024
May 30, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #2,000 of 8,024
This thread is all just an elaborate prank to get you to spend $6k. It’s actually the worst IEM I’ve ever heard… 🙃

Congrats buddy. Looking forward to reading your impressions.

well … if you forget to contact Andrew for a discount

May 30, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #2,001 of 8,024
Yes, it did.

Look what else I got this week
The funniest thing about this is how unobtanium I remember Utopia to be when I first started in this hobby. It was the 'Bird' of the headphone world and so beyond my means I didn't even dream of owning one. Now it's like...damn that's a cheap headphone compared to my IEMs. 🙈

May 30, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #2,002 of 8,024
Had a bit of a revelation this morning. There are some albums that I previously considered difficult to listen to (questionable quality, edgy vocals, came across as compressed etc). In particular with higher end IEMs, which could get bright, sibilant, aggressive. But I gave one of these a go. And it’s an absolute treat on the bird.

Starting to think it works both ways, in that it could be that what was relegated to “poor recording” before, may have been a case of IEMs not being up to task?

This morning it was Sarah Blasko’s “As Day Follows Night”. Here are a couple of my faves from the album:

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #2,003 of 8,024
Had a bit of a revelation this morning. There are some albums that I previously considered difficult to listen to (questionable quality, edgy vocals, came across as compressed etc). In particular with higher end IEMs, which could get bright, sibilant, aggressive. But I gave one of these a go. And it’s an absolute treat on the bird.

Starting to think it works both ways, in that it could be that what was relegated to “poor recording” before, may have been a case of IEMs not being up to task?

This morning it was Sarah Blasko’s “As Day Follows Night”. Here are a couple of my faves from the album:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried Lost & Defeated with the Bird, then with Airpod Max. Jeez, what a shock.
I admit I spent the last days since I'vs got the Traillii to throw my oldest albums and it is a bliss.

May 30, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #2,004 of 8,024
The funniest thing about this is how unobtanium I remember Utopia to be when I first started in this hobby. It was the 'Bird' of the headphone world and so beyond my means I didn't even dream of owning one. Now it's like...damn that's a cheap headphone compared to my IEMs. 🙈
+1 exactly the same thoughts I had.

Probably 2015 or 2016;

The dealer was a walk in shop with incredibly high end stuff, they did not stock Utopia or Clear they had the entry level focal, Senn HD800 and a few others and a $8,000 transport loaded with HD material.

I had already settled on the fit and sound of the entry level Focal like $1,200.00.

There was a Doctor of heart surgery there demoing a $120,000.00 set of towers, and he was raving about the Utopia. When the price of $5,000.00 was casually mentioned.
Placed the $1,200.00 order and went home.

Curious about this Utopia I went to YouTube typed in Focal Utopia and up came the InnerFidelity Tyll rave about the Clear, called the dealer and changed my order.

Relieved because I am no Doctor with unlimited finances.

Flash to now and what happened to that frugal younger man?

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #2,005 of 8,024
+1 exactly the same thoughts I had.

Probably 2015 or 2016;

The dealer was a walk in shop with incredibly high end stuff, they did not stock Utopia or Clear they had the entry level focal, Senn HD800 and a few others and a $8,000 transport loaded with HD material.

I had already settled on the fit and sound of the entry level Focal like $1,200.00.

There was a Doctor of heart surgery there demoing a $120,000.00 set of towers, and he was raving about the Utopia. When the price of $5,000.00 was casually mentioned.
Placed the $1,200.00 order and went home.

Curious about this Utopia I went to YouTube typed in Focal Utopia and up came the InnerFidelity Tyll rave about the Clear, called the dealer and changed my order.

Relieved because I am no Doctor with unlimited finances.

Flash to now and what happened to that frugal younger man?
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #2,006 of 8,024

Checking in, soon to be another bird house in Texas. I gave in too...

My hands were shaking and stomach turning the same way when I bought the Utopia 😂

May 30, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #2,007 of 8,024
Checking in, soon to be another bird house in Texas. I gave in too...

My hands were shaking and stomach turning the same way when I bought the Utopia 😂

The flock grows still further! Keep us updated :)

May 30, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #2,008 of 8,024
Now that the flock has grown considerably, does anyone also have the new QDC V14 and wish to compare to the bird ( and VX as well if you have it)? I still feel the VX is a great IEM and was wondering how good the new V14 would be and its differences vs the bird. Tks.

May 30, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #2,009 of 8,024
Now that the flock has grown considerably, does anyone also have the new QDC V14 and wish to compare to the bird ( and VX as well if you have it)? I still feel the VX is a great IEM and was wondering how good the new V14 would be and its differences vs the bird. Tks.
Question is who is buying V14 after owning the bird and the people I know who got V14 won't afford the bird 😉

May 30, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,010 of 8,024
Question is who is buying V14 after owning the bird and the people I know who got V14 won't afford the bird 😉
I’m having a hard time buying anything after the bird. I’ve been pondering a Fourte Noir since @Ojisan has one listed and I actually heard the unit. Then I think Trio since it’s almost as good and I mean really really close also much cheaper second hand. Thennnn I remember 64 is dropping a new universal IEM soon and just spend the cash I saved up on something else. 😑

Users who are viewing this thread

Back