Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
May 24, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #1,876 of 8,052
When I talked about fatiguing I meant on certain songs. With the majority of my library there is no issue however. For me the OG Mest was a bit harsh on treble overall.
Yes and I assume those songs would be fatiguing on most gear. I'm talking about 64 Audio's ability to avoid harshness without leaving behind detail thanks to Tia.

May 24, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #1,877 of 8,052
Yes and I assume those songs would be fatiguing on most gear. I'm talking about 64 Audio's ability to avoid harshness without leaving behind detail thanks to Tia.
They more fatiguing on Fourte I guess , that's why I should tip roll a little. Otherwise I found it very impressive overall.

May 24, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #1,878 of 8,052
I heard S1 as bassier, warmer and more musical. W2 is more neutral and analytical. Staging and noise floor is where I felt W2 surpassed S1, but S1 is no slouch in that regard either.

I personally preferred W2 but either is great.

The thing that irritated me with S1 is that I could hear a slight hiss with my campfire IEM’s, and I didn’t like the large volume steps. Also when switching from FLAC to MQA tracks on Tidal, I would get a loud popping sound that would pierce my ears. Another issue with S1 was EFI.
Interesting, I heard a similar sound as you. More bass, warmer and more musical. I guess I didn't pay attention to staging and noise floor because, well Traillii is a synonym for stage lol. LX and Trailli don't have noise floor issues to me either.

I definitely have not experienced any pops or EFI with my S1.

Good info though.

May 25, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #1,879 of 8,052
Four if you count @MatW and @DavidS11 😁
It’s a tribute to be mentioned in a thread of the supreme Bird :sweat_smile::relaxed:

I think it’s six Fourte lovers as counted with those you mentioned plus @Mehran as well as @Progisus. Still way less than the total numbers of Bird Owners Association haha.

I’m done with TOTL IEMs purchase for now with Fourte and Odin (another great iem too with special tuning, and to give credits where due imo). Judging from the many positive comments here, I may own an Oriolus bird/flagship one day, if price is closer to 4K/below, with a less expensive cable (I believe in some improvement with cables but not so much the difference for the high prices, just a personal thought not to start cable debate). Cheers.

May 25, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #1,880 of 8,052
As for the questions around W2 and Traillii on IPhone please read through my last posts in W2 thread.
However everyone hears differently and should listen himself to see if it's the same for him😉
I once had S1 and sold it for W2 as I felt it's like lifting a veil when A-Bing, more detail and less muddy - but I had only Andromeda Golds those days back in time which I meanwhile sold for Traillii - so could also have been a matter of synergy...
Real indisputable symptoms of the IPhone voltage limitations are showing up once you connect very sensitive IEMs to W2 like Andromedas - it will then distort at around 80% volume which you will anyway never reach if you don't want to risk getting some nice Tinnitus...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lux...le-update-info-on-post-1.949448/post-16373300
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lux...le-update-info-on-post-1.949448/post-16373412

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #1,881 of 8,052
I find the OG Fourte cult intriguing 🙃

They seem to wiggle their way into every thread - which is fine, everyone has equal say and their own opinion / preferences on an open forum.

Entertaining I must say, though I do take these with a little pinch of salt as - in the same way it was mentioned the Traillii will be “predictably great” with music - it’s almost a foregone conclusion that the OG will be “predictably superior”. Be it here or elsewhere like the VE, EE, and 64’s own thread.

Suppose that’s part of the charm - its polarizing nature where you either don’t gel with it or it’s your Infinity Stone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As an aside my personal experience was a preference for Noir as the OG’s upper mids / treble was too much for me in terms of forwardness and sibilance.

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #1,882 of 8,052
8F4D84F9-1F97-406F-97EF-8636684E6068.jpeg
ok who bought it??

May 25, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #1,883 of 8,052
I find the OG Fourte cult intriguing 🙃

They seem to wiggle their way into every thread - which is fine, everyone has equal say and their own opinion / preferences on an open forum.
Hey, blame your brother 😜 he is the leader of the cult!

@gLer

I want to hear an OG Fourte one day. It’s on the list of must try IEM’s before I give up this hobby :)

May 25, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #1,884 of 8,052
Hey, blame your brother 😜 he is the leader of the cult!

@gLer

I want to hear an OG Fourte one day. It’s on the list of must try IEM’s before I give up this hobby :)
Haha, I was only asking @MatW to compare the Bird (this thread) to his Fourte. Didn't mean to start an offsite cult meeting. Boys...

roll-out-optimus.gif

May 25, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #1,885 of 8,052
Just became a bird owner today, I will need to spend more time listening but I agree with @MatW

@xenithon I just cannot understand why PW Audio continues to do such great cables with that level of microphonic.
I just could not use the cable after few hours, I switched to the Effect Audio Janus B, (waiting for the Code 51 I want to try with the Traillii)
I had the same issue with the Odin, I just can't stand the PW audio cables due to microphonic. I switched to EA Leonidas II and I was very happy with it.

May 25, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #1,886 of 8,052
I concur with this completely. When I had Odin, I let my (non-audiophile)brother in law try it and he was so awestruck! (The in your face SQ) But when I had him listen to traillii, he was just like “it’s good” but he wanted to listen more to Odin.

For trained ears only heh

Wasted on some peeps.....

My Grandad used to say "like feeding donkeys strawberrys" 😁

May 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #1,888 of 8,052
May 25, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #1,889 of 8,052

Users who are viewing this thread

Back