Oriolus Hybrid IEM
Feb 24, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #1,021 of 1,871
Wow. Didn't know they have this colour besides the carbon colour fibre design:
56a39a109a7c6.jpg_f710.jpg

But given a choice to pick again, I think I will still buy the original black version. Black with gold wording looks more premium to me.

Nice color!
Oriolus ltd
¥,7580

9f090421ly1fodpsm14xaj21400qoacx.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #1,022 of 1,871
Depends on your ears. The fit is quite shallow and I have huge canals. Only largest Mandarines Wide tips somewhat did the job for me.

Moreover I sent my MK2 to make a custom version to a 3rd party company because of fit issues.
Teaser images I received from the manufacturer. Will receive them next week probably. The vent hole is on the side of the iem not to spoil the looks of the wooden face plate:

94b47b44433c090e874a98de04ec98f1_0.jpg

649072cdbfb000c9ca3f1ec611dec0e8_0.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,023 of 1,871
Will appreciate your feedback when you received and tested the sound and let us know if there is a change of sound quality due to change of position of the drivers.

Thanks.

Teaser images I received from the manufacturer. Will receive them next week probably. The vent hole is on the side of the iem not to spoil the looks of the wooden face plate:

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #1,024 of 1,871
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #1,026 of 1,871
Will appreciate your feedback when you received and tested the sound and let us know if there is a change of sound quality due to change of position of the drivers.

Thanks.
Received them today. Guys did their best to leave the driver position (relative to each other) exactly the same as it was in the universal version. Therefore the customized version protrudes from the ear slightly (same as stock version did).
The sound, as per my memory is almost identical, with the following caveats:
1. Additional layering and texture to low frequencies, especially sub-bass. Maybe this happened due to the fact that there is much more 'air' inside the body of the iems now and the driver has more air to flex.
2. Mid-high to high frequencies seem to be a tad more universal and a tad more elevated, might have happened because that sound bores are different diameter now.
3. There is still some slight driver flex, much less than stock though.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the decision to remold them. As a treble-shy person I can't recommend Oriolus enough.

Photos:
20180309_141225_HDR.jpg

20180309_133149_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,028 of 1,871
@hungryewok
So who did the remodeling?
They did:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ambient-acoustics-laboratory-—-ciem-makers-from-ukraine.800891/

They are well known on the Post-Commies scene :) They are the go-to place when someone from Ukraine/Russia wants to re-shell stuff. They have re-shelled plenty of UM Merlins when those were popular and they have their own Hybrid Model.
I haven't received the item yet, it's due in about a week and then couple of days to ship them to Poland. I'm planning to write a small review upon receiving them.

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #1,030 of 1,871
anyone has any idea how much a custom from oriolus themselves cost? tried it and quite liked it. not much to complain but is it just me or are string instruments somewhat unnatural?
http://www.jaben.com.hk/?product=oriolus-2 - this is the only mention of Oriolus custom version that I could find. 8280 HKD is roughly $1050
Not sure if the information here is up to date and/or if they would take international orders

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #1,032 of 1,871
So it was time for me to finally get a TOTL. And my first choice was this over the andro. It's really up there. Very impressed by it.
However how do i know if i got the reborn version or the previous? The stock cable comes in copper without pwaudio signs on it..

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #1,033 of 1,871
So it was time for me to finally get a TOTL. And my first choice was this over the andro. It's really up there. Very impressed by it.
However how do i know if i got the reborn version or the previous? The stock cable comes in copper without pwaudio signs on it..

The Reborn is Japan only afaik. It has the No.5 cable with an upgraded plug, otherwise, the earphones themselves should be identical.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,034 of 1,871
The Reborn is Japan only afaik. It has the No.5 cable with an upgraded plug, otherwise, the earphones themselves should be identical.
Ah i see. Thanks man. I probably got the chinese version since chinese wordings with a copper cable which reminds me of ares ii. I got an audio genetic cable with it (not the air)

Apr 4, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #1,035 of 1,871
I saw some post on fitting issues, I had some fitting issues on the stock silicon and then spiral dot. It doesn't feel secure and the seal will break after about 10 seconds, I only managed to get a good seal (and good isolation) using the acoustune aet07 tips. It's my go-to for wide-bore UIEMs now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back