Oriolus DP100 (UPDATED WITH PICS)
Aug 17, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #17 of 54
Fitear 334 users should give this an audition. I walked in a local shop wanting to replace my Vantam+Burson opamp stack (still the best pairing with 334).

Initially looking to go with Opus #2, it was bad; then tried Qp2r, x7ii, DX200, Plenue 2 and even Sp1000 SS (out of desperation)... All failed to play nicely with the 334, all good, but no cigar... Till this relatively unknown came to the rescue.

For the price, it is a killer dap to pair with tg334. Space, precision, drive, fullness of sound, it is all there. Begin to wonder if the Japanese were using the tg334 to tune the player.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #18 of 54
For the price, it is a killer dap to pair with tg334. Space, precision, drive, fullness of sound, it is all there. Begin to wonder if the Japanese were using the tg334 to tune the player.
Unlikely unless they figured out how to travel through time.

Aug 29, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #20 of 54
Anyone got seamless playback working? I am assuming it taken to be gapless function...
I m also interested to know....

Also, the device show "invalid file" when play back some wav files, try to rip the cd and transfer the files to the device again but still the same, the odd thing is only some files from the same cd got this problem..anyone knows what happened?tks

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 54
Strange that wav files would not be supported indeed, although I never really see the point of using WAV files instead of flac, beside the loss of tagging and space. :wink:

I hope we'll get reviews soon, I really like the format and features of this DAP.

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 54
Strange that wav files would not be supported indeed, although I never really see the point of using WAV files instead of flac, beside the loss of tagging and space. :wink:

I hope we'll get reviews soon, I really like the format and features of this DAP.
use wav for long time, will rethink to use flac, tks for reminding. Just brought dp100, still in run-in stage (40hrs passed), sounds great with ie800.

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #24 of 54
How's the soundstage on this one??? I'm particularly interested in it's layering.

I'm looking to pair up my Oriolus mk2 as well as my other hybrids. I'm curious about this player and also the Soundaware m1pro. Do wav files play properly by now?

Could use the help guys...

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #27 of 54
Just received it today, I like the sound because it's very smooth. Does the sound get better after burn-in?
Your perception gets better with time. Although somewhat rare, reviews often mention a smooth signature for the dp100. Not sure what you're looking for...

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #29 of 54
Er... I said i liked the oriolus because it sounds very smooth and wondered if it could get even better with burn-in... Not quite sure what you are talking about...

Not sure what "better" means in this case. I had received mine yesterday and I'm totally loving it with my Oriolus v2.

Actually what's even better is hooking it up with something like the alo rx amp -- manage to score better imaging and cleaner output with that setup.

Burn in times with daps are a puzzle to me, I mean is a DAP supposed to "open up" after 10 or 100 hours??? :S

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #30 of 54
Not sure what "better" means in this case. I had received mine yesterday and I'm totally loving it with my Oriolus v2.

Actually what's even better is hooking it up with something like the alo rx amp -- manage to score better imaging and cleaner output with that setup.

Burn in times with daps are a puzzle to me, I mean is a DAP supposed to "open up" after 10 or 100 hours??? :S
Have you tried the balance output? I am very eager to try but I will have to buy a balanced cable first :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back