Original (Ladiva) Amadeus 10th Anniversary Edition CD Player... Any experiences?
Jul 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

esw1026

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a decent CD Player to upgrade my audio system.

On the Cattylink website, I found this one below, Amadeus 10th Anniversary Edition.

Has anyone experienced this CD player ?

Let me know the sound quality of this player.

If you know better one in the price range about $2500, Please make a recommendation.

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Awwww..... No one here likes Chi-fi.......

Last I checked AudioGD, HiFiMan, Shanling etc etc are from China.

What people in this forum don't like, not in absolutes but not as much as the alternatives, are optical disk transports. Most here are either young enough to have basically been weaned on the iPod and their first step into "Hi-Fi" wasn't a set of standmount speakers, integrated amp and a disk player, but to augment that iPod with a portable amp and headphones or IEMs.

And among those who actually have had experience with serious optical disk sources here, many have had several transports crap out and parts or expert labor are hard to find or expensive, and have by now reverted to the sources that are more prevalent here - iPods or other portable players, or computers.

There are a few who still use optical disk sources, however, the small number of them further decreases the likelihood that you'd find anyone who's used a player from a less well-known manufacturer like Ladiva. Some might have used the AudioGD transport, but keep in mind that most of their better-known products here and even in other forums tend to be headphone-related, so that's what's likely to have led to the purchase of their transport by Head-Fi members. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back