Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread
Mar 20, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #796 of 796
Hello,
looks all right to me.
Rubycon are actually the best on the market at the moment, the resistors from Takman should be it, could perhaps have a little air upwards but does not necessarily have to be if it fits the circuit, I would rather leave it.
I think the Achrillis heels are indeed the Mundorf SGO which are worth replacing.
The question is what is your budget?
Vcap Odam, Audionote Copper, Jupiter copper and maybe Milfex could be worthwhile.
You would have to look at Milfex because they are quite large.
You certainly can't go wrong with the first 3.
If money is no object vcap Cutf are the ones I would go for, even with less good tubes they get everything out of the tube after 400-500h burn in.
Thanks for the reply! I’m curious about the VCap Cutf (no more expensive than a good pair of tubes at this capacitance). I actually had a pair of Jupiters melt in another amp, so I’ll probably avoid them, but to be fair that amp didn’t have much airflow and it had 2 6SN7s and a KT-88 crammed pretty close together right over it. I replaced them with Mundorf non-oil because of higher heat tolerance and I really liked them and used them ever since. I’m not sure if it makes a difference, but the ones in the pic above are Supreme Evo S/G non-oil. Pain in the butt to find them, actually no store in the U.S. with a website (though there is one on EBay I may try in the future) so I ordered them from Parts Connexion and probably overpaid a bit. Still if you think the VCaps are better, I am curious. They seem to have a lot of fans. Also curious what you think of Duelund generally. They seem to get a lot of hype as well. I also have Miflex I’m using as bypass in my loudspeaker crossovers, but haven’t used them in this role before. They sound great in the speakers though…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back