Orange County Meet: 1/30/2010
Jan 30, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #106 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i won't be able to make it, unfortunately, as i've recently comedown with a somewhat severe bout of sinusitis.

have a great meet and i eagerly look forward to meet impressions and pics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh oh...
Get well soon man. It would have been great to have you!

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #108 of 138
I shouldn't be saying this...but the Protector in balanced mode is going to change the way we hear the sound out of portables. Gees!

Listening to the R10 balanced through my B52 right now...Nice to have Ray come by a little early
wink.gif

Also, we spun a bunch of vinyl today and that Nighthawk Phonostage is really another small gem. Don't know how this guy does this, but the Nighthawk was able to hang just fine against my Einstein which is about 6 to 7 times higher in cost! A different presentation, but amazing for the price alone!

Let's see what you guys think when you hear it tomorrow.

EDIT: Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio - Misty is a super treat with the R10's. Why does this headphone have to be unobtanium. Sony just needs to release these again into current production.

EDIT 2: I need to stop listening and get back to cleaning up my room. It's somewhat of a mess.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #110 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking we all can go to BJ's Pizza in Brea after the meet. There is also Macaroni Grill, Chevy's, El Torrito, Olive Garden and quite a few others around.

We'll get a head count tomorrow and make reservations for the evening in the afternoon or something like that. Would be able to get a more accurate head-count that way.

If we go to BJ's we'll overrun their main area I think. Just judging by memory.
tongue.gif

Cheesecake Factory is also an option, as is Red Robin.
biggrin.gif

Corner Bakery has also been a favorite at pasts meets.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #111 of 138
Cheesecake factory is pretty good.

Corner bakery is just round the corner
wink.gif

I'm down for any of the options really. We'll figure it out tomorrow.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #112 of 138
Quote:

Cheesecake factory is pretty good.

Corner bakery is just round the corner
wink.gif

I'm down for any of the options really. We'll figure it out tomorrow.

Sounds good!

I wish I would have known Ray was stopping by early! BTW - I think Jasper994 is heading on down as well.

I guess I will see you all tomorrow. I will be bringing some nice sounding CD's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #113 of 138
I can't believe what I am reading. Mike1127 and Uncle Erik: You two are members of team K1000. I literally just finished my prototype 2A3 SET dedicated K1000 amp and will be bringing it. You need to find a way to attend the meet. Erik: Tell you boss you can't work - it's your sabbath
wink.gif
Mike: Take some pills for your neck. Come one people, let's move!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #118 of 138
Looks like I'm gonna have to pull out of this meet as my brother's taking the car tomorrow so I wouldn't be able to get there.
frown.gif

But if anyone's close enough who can give me ride, I'm all for it! My zip code is 90032.
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #119 of 138
Quote:

I was thinking we all can go to BJ's Pizza in Brea after the meet. There is also Macaroni Grill, Chevy's, El Torrito, Olive Garden and quite a few others around.

We'll get a head count tomorrow and make reservations for the evening in the afternoon or something like that. Would be able to get a more accurate head-count that way.

I was going to ask if there was a BJ's. We did that for the Warner Center meet and it worked out great. They have a large menu and everyone can have whatever they're in the mood for. But they don't do split checks. I had to figure out what 9 people owed.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back