Orange County Meet: 1/30/2010
Jan 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #92 of 138
Ok, thanks. I hope everyone doesn't pile in at noon.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #93 of 138
UPDATE:

Guys, please bring extension cords etc for yourself and others if possible. That would ease my life immensely as I want everyone to get a decent way to setup.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #94 of 138
Hey Don, Moonboy, IpodPJ, et al---
I can't make it. I am suffering from a neck injury and a long drive is the LAST thing I can do in this state. Darn.

Mike

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #96 of 138
Get better, Mike. Take care of yourself.

Looks like I can't make it, either. I got the Call of Work yesterday and tried to catch up and wheedle out of it today, but I'll have to be in here tomorrow.
frown.gif
I haven't had a day off in about four weeks - I was looking forward to a meet.

If there are any costs for the meet, someone PM me with the details and a PayPal address. I'll be happy to contribute.

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #97 of 138
Feel better, Mike. I hope we see you next time.

Can I take a head count of all that are planning on doing dinner afterwards?
Hopefully it will be a nice size group like the one we had at the Warner Center Marriot meet.
Gaurav, any good suggestions for restaurants in the area?
I'd like to try to make reservations.

Edit: A meet and dinner without Eric? It won't be the same.
frown.gif
See if you can come by for a few hours at the end without your gear, or maybe dinner.

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #98 of 138
As some of you know, I have been having trouble getting sound out of my speaker setup I was planning on bringing to this meet. I troubleshooted it down to being the power amp, and was pretty sure it was the RCA input jacks. I think it's the fuses now. The bad news is that I spent most of the day trying to fix it and it turns out I'm still not getting sound. The good news is that I learned how to solder, desolder, and use a DMM today.
smily_headphones1.gif
If the new fuses I pick up before the meet end up being the cure then great, but if that doesn't work then I probably can't bring the Quad setup.
frown.gif

Does anybody have a speaker power amp with a pretty low output (<30W) I can borrow for the meet? Maybe somebody with a spare K1000 speaker amp?

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #99 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As some of you know, I have been having trouble getting sound out of my speaker setup I was planning on bringing to this meet. I troubleshooted it down to being the power amp, and was pretty sure it was the RCA input jacks. I think it's the fuses now. The bad news is that I spent most of the day trying to fix it and it turns out I'm still not getting sound. The good news is that I learned how to solder, desolder, and use a DMM today.
smily_headphones1.gif
If the new fuses I pick up before the meet end up being the cure then great, but if that doesn't work then I probably can't bring the Quad setup.
frown.gif

Does anybody have a speaker power amp with a pretty low output (<30W) I can borrow for the meet? Maybe somebody with a spare K1000 speaker amp?

My Peachtree Audio Nova is an all in one solution which means that it's a DAC/Preamp/amp/headphone amp. It's rated at 80wpc. You can use that but your speakers will have to be relatively close to my rig as I'll be using it as my DAC.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #100 of 138
Hey Gary,

Thanks for the kind offer, but I don't think it'd be wise to run it from the Nova. The speakers have a very difficult load and likely need a dedicated, Class A power amp.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #102 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moonboy, I see in your profile that you own a Manley Stingray. That would be a good match with Milos' Quad speakers.
wink.gif

Actually, Milos, do you wanna use my Stingray? I'm perfectly fine with it since I won't be bringing anything to the meet if you're gonna use it. Lighter load for me.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #103 of 138
Thats very unfortunate! It would have been so nice to have you around again. Enjoyed your company very much last meet in Newport Beach. Don't worry about any costs involved...I've covered most of the small things here and there etc. If possible, please do try to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get better, Mike. Take care of yourself.

Looks like I can't make it, either. I got the Call of Work yesterday and tried to catch up and wheedle out of it today, but I'll have to be in here tomorrow.
frown.gif
I haven't had a day off in about four weeks - I was looking forward to a meet.

If there are any costs for the meet, someone PM me with the details and a PayPal address. I'll be happy to contribute.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #104 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Feel better, Mike. I hope we see you next time.

Can I take a head count of all that are planning on doing dinner afterwards?
Hopefully it will be a nice size group like the one we had at the Warner Center Marriot meet.
Gaurav, any good suggestions for restaurants in the area?
I'd like to try to make reservations.

Edit: A meet and dinner without Eric? It won't be the same.
frown.gif
See if you can come by for a few hours at the end without your gear, or maybe dinner.

I was thinking we all can go to BJ's Pizza in Brea after the meet. There is also Macaroni Grill, Chevy's, El Torrito, Olive Garden and quite a few others around.

We'll get a head count tomorrow and make reservations for the evening in the afternoon or something like that. Would be able to get a more accurate head-count that way.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #105 of 138
i won't be able to make it, unfortunately, as i've recently comedown with a somewhat severe bout of sinusitis.

have a great meet and i eagerly look forward to meet impressions and pics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back