Orange County Meet: 1/30/2010
Jan 22, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #63 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What DAC are you replacing it with, Gary?

As with Tyler (Sherwood), I went with the Peachtree Audio Nova and I'm more than satisfied.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #64 of 138
You can put me as a "maybe". My health hasn't been too good recently so can't predict how I will be feeling on the day.

If so I'll bring

Naim CD5x (CD player)
K1000
Audio Note P2SE (K1000 amp)

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #65 of 138
OK. Definitely going to be there.

I'll bring a small portable rig:

Sony D25
RSA Hornet
Grado HP-2's
Grado Amp

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #67 of 138
Count me in. I'm bringing a pair of Audio-Technica AD2000s. This is my second event besides CanJam, so I'm not quite sure how it works. Do I just leave my cans on some table or others to try or what?
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #69 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrypticMind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in. I'm bringing a pair of Audio-Technica AD2000s. This is my second event besides CanJam, so I'm not quite sure how it works. Do I just leave my cans on some table or others to try or what?
confused_face_2.gif

Either you'll get a table space, or you can just ask someone if you can place your headphones next to his rig, if you feel that any one dac/amp/whatever "synergizes" with them.

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #72 of 138
YAY! Getting closer!!!

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #73 of 138
Last meet was my first. As this new OC meet gets closer I have come to realize how important they are to our little hobby. You can take years sitting at home reading the internet and magazines, make some trial and error purchases and hope to find the right path. Or you can go to a meet and experience a weath of information.

As the date gets closer I am finding myself looking forward to it in a funny way? Any one who is on the fence and has not taken the choice to go to a meet should do what they can to make it. The whole team effort thing at the last meet was something I did not know I would find.

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #74 of 138
Original post updated again.

Due to the bad edit last night, if someone else wants to build the attendee and gear list, please do so and I will update the OP again. I just can't do it right now as I'm quite busy and just don't have the time to wade through the pages and piece up the information again.

If someone DOES do that, I will be very grateful and will personally thank you when I get the chance.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #75 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last meet was my first. As this new OC meet gets closer I have come to realize how important they are to our little hobby. You can take years sitting at home reading the internet and magazines, make some trial and error purchases and hope to find the right path. Or you can go to a meet and experience a weath of information.

As the date gets closer I am finding myself looking forward to it in a funny way? Any one who is on the fence and has not taken the choice to go to a meet should do what they can to make it. The whole team effort thing at the last meet was something I did not know I would find.

Aww... He loves us.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back