Orange County Meet: 1/30/2010
Jan 17, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #46 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by igotyofire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i bring two people? i know one person for sure is interested

Absolutely! Please feel free to do so.

Also if anyone is wondering, bringing equipment is [size=large]not[/size] a requirement. Just come and have some fun with somewhat like minded people
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #49 of 138
Anybody know if Donald North is going to show up? Also, is Ray going to bring the A10 and his stats?

I won't be bringing the Assemblage DAC1 or Parasound 1100HD as my source and instead will bring the Accuphase DP-75.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #51 of 138
shaizada,
Thank-you for picking up the ball and running with it.
I was at Newport show and the list of attendess loks similar plus some new people and equipment.

Please include me in the list of attendees and suppliers of pot (pot luck that is). I will make a large tray of baked pasta.

For equipment I will bring:
Denon D5000's (JMoney pads)
AT ATH-700
Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (upgraded tubes, Jellyfish, Cryoparts USB)
HifiMan EF2 (upgraded tubes)
Pioneer Elite 47Ai SACD/DVD-A

Analog, I can bring:
ProJect RM6a with Sumiko Blue Oyster Special
Project PhonoBox

All of the above, I can bring for sure, not sure if heavier equipment is welcome/needed:
Rotel 5.1 Processor
Rotel 5.1 Power Amp
Quad 22L Loudspeakers

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #53 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody know if Donald North is going to show up?

Right now it's not looking good. I'm busy with orders and working on the prototype K1000 2A3 amp. If I can have it ready by then, I'll bring it. Will keep you posted.
beerchug.gif

Was there something specific you'd like me to bring?

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #54 of 138
No not really. I'm going to be bringing the Quads in all likelihood and know you like them is all. That, and it's always interesting to hear what you have to say about vinyl. That K1000 amp sounds interesting to say the least.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #56 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your K1000 amp.
L3000.gif

X2
smily_headphones1.gif

2A3 produces very interesting sounds through K1000 IME. Single-ended and speaker outputs? I may bring my precious EML 2A3 solid plate tubes if that's the case..

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #57 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2
smily_headphones1.gif

2A3 produces very interesting sounds through K1000 IME. Single-ended and speaker outputs? I may bring my precious EML 2A3 solid plate tubes if that's the case..

For now, it will only have K1000 output. I will try to do everything I can and have it ready for the meet, but won't make any guarantees. I'll be curious to hear it with your EML solid plates.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #58 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be curious to hear it with your EML solid plates.

EML's are WUNderful through headphones, and for some reason offers more magic than compared to speakers IME.

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #59 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Address known yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll post the address closer to the meet and will promptly remove it after the meet. Hang tight
wink.gif
If you need it to make travel arrangements or something, please email me through the forum and I can relay that information to you earlier. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody know if Donald North is going to show up? Also, is Ray going to bring the A10 and his stats?

I won't be bringing the Assemblage DAC1 or Parasound 1100HD as my source and instead will bring the Accuphase DP-75.

Ray is bringing the A10 and his stats (HE60, HE90, Jade). He isn't bringing the B52 as I have one. He will bring the R10 and HD800 though to use with my B52.

Donald has shown interest but he's a maybe
smily_headphones1.gif
Would be great to have him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBuoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shaizada,
Thank-you for picking up the ball and running with it.
I was at Newport show and the list of attendess loks similar plus some new people and equipment.

Please include me in the list of attendees and suppliers of pot (pot luck that is). I will make a large tray of baked pasta.

For equipment I will bring:
Denon D5000's (JMoney pads)
AT ATH-700
Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (upgraded tubes, Jellyfish, Cryoparts USB)
HifiMan EF2 (upgraded tubes)
Pioneer Elite 47Ai SACD/DVD-A

Analog, I can bring:
ProJect RM6a with Sumiko Blue Oyster Special
Project PhonoBox

All of the above, I can bring for sure, not sure if heavier equipment is welcome/needed:
Rotel 5.1 Processor
Rotel 5.1 Power Amp
Quad 22L Loudspeakers

Dan, I would choose either the digital setup or the analog setup. Would love to have another turntable around but the choice is definitely yours sir
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, provided your table / cart is setup properly, feel free to borrow some of my vinyl. I only request that the cartridge / arm is setup properly has I would hate to have any vinyl get hurt. I try very hard to take care of the vinyl and that is my only concern here.

Also, there would be one Quad speaker setup so another speaker setup will be difficult in addition to mine and the Quad setup. Please do bring your headphone setup and I've listed it in the OP. Thanks!

By the way, thank you so much for brining some pasta for everyone. I'm sure it will be very appreciated by all
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #60 of 138
Add the Millet MiniMax as one of the amp I'll be bringing provided that it gets to me within next week which it should.

Also I'll be sending the Electrocompaniet ECD1 to a new owner within next week so that DAC wouldn't be able to make it to the meet.

Thanks,
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back