Orange County, California -- Get-Togethers / 1-on-1 Auditions / Get to Know Head-fiers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #31 of 105
It'd be great to do another one. Do you know any places that would be good to host?

We have two, but neither is 100% ideal.
I'm looking into a new promising place I found. Need to make the calls.

Anyone else interested in a smaller get together?

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #33 of 105
Ok. I'm down to do it at UCI again, or CSUF, but it would be nice to find other places as well. 

There is a community center in my town that has rooms. They should be finished reflooring the place now so I'll give them a call and see if there is a wait on reserving a room and how long it would be. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #35 of 105
Quote:
If you guys plan to do something like this again let me know!

Absolutely. I'll make some calls tomorrow to work out the 'where'. Once that is nailed down, we'll look into setting a date and time. Personally, I'd love to do it in the next week or so if possible. 

If anyone else has any ideas or info they could contribute, feel free to post it. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #36 of 105
I would love to have it at UCIrvine. I'm an undergraduate there and am constantly on campus.

Excited to meet up with fellow headfiers. I have an HD800 + Xonar Essence One rig I can set up for audition as well. :) 

Quite sure we can reserve in one of the rooms in the UCI Student Center. Had a huge eSports LAN party/tournament a few weeks back in one of them.

EDIT:
Here is the link on event booking at the UCI Student Center, they have various types of setups:

http://confserv.uci.edu/meetings/bookables/Student_Center.php

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #38 of 105
Quote:

Absolutely. I'll make some calls tomorrow to work out the 'where'. Once that is nailed down, we'll look into setting a date and time. Personally, I'd love to do it in the next week or so if possible. 

If anyone else has any ideas or info they could contribute, feel free to post it. 

Quote:
I would love to have it at UCIrvine. I'm an undergraduate there and am constantly on campus.

Excited to meet up with fellow headfiers. I have an HD800 + Xonar Essence One rig I can set up for audition as well. :) 

Quite sure we can reserve in one of the rooms in the UCI Student Center. Had a huge eSports LAN party/tournament a few weeks back in one of them.

EDIT:
Here is the link on event booking at the UCI Student Center, they have various types of setups:

http://confserv.uci.edu/meetings/bookables/Student_Center.php

Our first one was at UCI. It was a great spot. The only negative was went we full blasted the Emotiva speakers I brought. The space had more than enough room for plenty of gear. I'd estimate about 7-8 rigs could fit in the room we were in comfortably depending on size and number of cans. 

Quote:
Im a CSUF student and would be down for either UCI or CSUF. 

When I saw this post I got a little giddy. I started a separate CSUF thread hoping to find another CSUF student that is also a Head-fi member. You are the first! I thought I was the lone Head-fi member on a giant farm that only grew beats and apples. 
At some point we must have a mini-meet at CSUF and gain more converts to the audiophile way. 
L3000.gif

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #41 of 105
Works for me.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #45 of 105
Depends if we can reserve a room there. It's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back