Orange County, California -- Get-Togethers / 1-on-1 Auditions / Get to Know Head-fiers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #16 of 105
We can make that happen.
Let me know what days and times work for you and we can work out a place to meet.

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 105
Quote:
Sweet. I'm starting there this fall. Maybe we can get a meet going there or nearby sometime next month. I'm actually in south oc, but I'll make the drive to get better aquatinted with the area.

I'm near Mission Viejo/Aliso Viejo. If you want to meet up at CSUF, the library has small rooms that we can reserve and are perfect for small get-togethers. 

I'd say we could meet at my place, but it's a disaster. Looking into alternatives. I have church locations we could meet, but its not ideal for some. Looking into the new library in Laguna Niguel to see if there are options there.

Anyway, if you're interest in meeting up this week, let me know.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #21 of 105
I'm near Mission Viejo/Aliso Viejo. If you want to meet up at CSUF, the library has small rooms that we can reserve and are perfect for small get-togethers. 

I'd say we could meet at my place, but it's a disaster. Looking into alternatives. I have church locations we could meet, but its not ideal for some. Looking into the new library in Laguna Niguel to see if there are options there.

Anyway, if you're interest in meeting up this week, let me know.

Possibly next week actually. I'm in mission viejo Monday thru Thursday.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 105
hi there
im in irvine and am very interested in the mad dogs and well the airmotivs too but mostly the dogs.
i have the bottlehead crack, objective stack, dt 880, hd 650, vmoda m80. well its all in my profile.

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #23 of 105
I'm happy to get together. Let me know when you're available.

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #24 of 105
First successful get-together!

johnman1116 and I met up yesterday for an audition session. Here are a  couple pictures:

We remembered that maybe we should take a few snapshots at the end.

We thought it would only be an hour, but ended up closer to 3. Funny how time flies like that. It was great to meet up, had a really fun time listening and talking. 
Can't wait to do it again, and maybe make time for some blind tests that we didn't think of until the very end.

Also at the end, we both thought it would have been cool to have some more people. There was certainly enough gear to try. 

Would love to get some more of these going. If you are interested, make sure to let us know!

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 105

First successful get-together!

johnman1116 and I met up yesterday for an audition session. Here are a  couple pictures:

We remembered that maybe we should take a few snapshots at the end.

We thought it would only be an hour, but ended up closer to 3. Funny how time flies like that. It was great to meet up, had a really fun time listening and talking. 
Can't wait to do it again, and maybe make time for some blind tests that we didn't think of until the very end.

Also at the end, we both thought it would have been cool to have some more people. There was certainly enough gear to try. 

Would love to get some more of these going. If you are interested, make sure to let us know!

+1.
It was actually alot of fun. Quieter and (MUCH) smaller than a meet and that allowed for more conversing and better critical listening. 
it would definitely be cool if we could get a couple more people to join us. There was plenty of gear to go around as well as chairs  (but not outlets..)

it was all fun and games until we decided to max out the airmotivs... 
size]

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #27 of 105
Quote:
I feel like a mini-Orange County meet could be a lot of fun. Maybe just a handful of guys.

We realized that with the room size, and what we had, there was no reason not to have more people.
It was fun with just two of us. A few more and they'll probably have to ask us to keep it down, wait...they already did that 
L3000.gif

I see that you have a Marantz 2220. I'd love to hear the Mad Dogs out of that puppy.

Like I told johnman, I'm 100% down to do it again. If a few more are interested, then we'll get to setting a date and time.

Jul 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #28 of 105
Unfortunately, both of my loudspeaker amps have quite a high noise floor for headphones. Plus, I'd rather not have to carry the 2220 around.

I'll definitely bring the CKK and the Z-amp (with the OS:MT) though. I think you'll be impressed by the CKK with your Mad Dogs.
What space did you guys meet before? Looks like it would be perfect for a handful of people.
beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #29 of 105
We had our little meet at a community room at UCI. Johnman reserved it for 3 hours.

I'm looking into a community center where I live. I know that they have rooms for reservation, but are closed until the 5th while the redo the floors.

We almost met at a church, but I couldn't verify that we could use it in time.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #30 of 105
Any meets going on soon? Finals end this week and I'd definitely be down to join. I'm kind of in between rigs right now though. I only have the hifiman he-400 with slightly modded pads to bring. Might picking up a pair of momentums soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back