Orange County, California -- Get-Togethers / 1-on-1 Auditions / Get to Know Head-fiers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #63 of 105
I posted what johnman1116 sent me in the first post. He reserved the room for tomorrow from 11 to 3. That might be hard for me to make honestly.

How does that work for y'all?

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #65 of 105
I would be gone by then. If we do it tomorrow.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #67 of 105
If you guys want, you can still have it today. I'm out of town this weekend.

Totally down for Thursday still, but we can postpone it for another time

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #68 of 105
I've got to meet a client out in the far reaches of Irvine / Lake Forest late this morning, so just in case you decide to meet, I'll put some of my gear in the car and check this thread on my phone. Been more than a few yrs since I attended UCI and I'll def get lost at least once though haha (Community Center at Norte?).

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #69 of 105
Aug 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #71 of 105
It's appears no. I'll set and pole for date and time. That way we can just pick.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #73 of 105
Quote:
interestingly enough, I ended up getting both the Mad Dog (3.1 alpha) and HE-400 without a listen...

Lol I went from:
Crack, HD650, DT880 to HE-400, Mad Dog 3.1

Any impressions?

I just finished 3 of the 4 steps for the jergpad mod to the pleather pads on the HE-400. I would definitely recommend you do it. I think they're the best headphones I've owned so far. Previously, I've owned the Grado sr80i & ps500, and also the HD650 with a NuForce Icon HDP amp/DAC. By far, the HE-400's are easily my favorite of the bunch after the mod. 

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #74 of 105
Quote:
Any impressions?

I just finished 3 of the 4 steps for the jergpad mod to the pleather pads on the HE-400. I would definitely recommend you do it. I think they're the best headphones I've owned so far. Previously, I've owned the Grado sr80i & ps500, and also the HD650 with a NuForce Icon HDP amp/DAC. By far, the HE-400's are easily my favorite of the bunch after the mod. 

I actually dont have them yet! HE-400 coming Wednesday and Mad Dog coming Thursday. Exciting! 
At a weird state at the moment since I dont have a real main headphone (Momentum, bought the SE215 too [awesome!])

Lol im thinking about the Jergpad mod but seems like too much work 
size]
; If the HE-400 gives me any trouble, ill consider it. 
Lots of cutting and taping, correct?

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #75 of 105
I actually dont have them yet! HE-400 coming Wednesday and Mad Dog coming Thursday. Exciting! 

At a weird state at the moment since I dont have a real main headphone (Momentum, bought the SE215 too [awesome!])

Lol im thinking about the Jergpad mod but seems like too much work 
size]

; If the HE-400 gives me any trouble, ill consider it. 

Lots of cutting and taping, correct?

It really is a lot of cutting and taping. I feel like it takes a little more patience than skill. It was my first time modding anything, and I think it was a bit easier than I thought.

I would recommend getting used to the stock sound for a week or so, and then try modding the pads. That's the route I took. Honestly, it took me a couple days to really start enjoying the headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back