ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Nov 8, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #393 of 1,288
Things are looking good. Just got an email from backerkit saying my order is about to be locked down

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #395 of 1,288
Now they can start a new high end brother to the Ora. Ditch the bluetooth, make it open and allow for balanced cable.

I certainly can't speak to their plans but thinking about how this tech is positioned, if I were running that business, I would focus on showcasing the tech & scaling it. An open back headphone is probably the least-scalable next product, in terms of potential sales numbers. It's a pretty crowded niche market, right?

Consider that these not only should provide better sound but they're so energy efficient that they seem to intend to show this feature. So an IEM would make probably a bit more sense here. A bluetooth speaker was already hinted as the likely next-thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love an open back. I just don't see them making a product at this point that doesn't rapidly advance their market position, which I don't think an open back would. Remember: they are also interested in licensing the tech so further products will also serve as tech demo when meeting with potential partners.

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #396 of 1,288
I certainly can't speak to their plans but thinking about how this tech is positioned, if I were running that business, I would focus on showcasing the tech & scaling it. An open back headphone is probably the least-scalable next product, in terms of potential sales numbers. It's a pretty crowded niche market, right?

Consider that these not only should provide better sound but they're so energy efficient that they seem to intend to show this feature. So an IEM would make probably a bit more sense here. A bluetooth speaker was already hinted as the likely next-thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love an open back. I just don't see them making a product at this point that doesn't rapidly advance their market position, which I don't think an open back would. Remember: they are also interested in licensing the tech so further products will also serve as tech demo when meeting with potential partners.
I agree, I was just being overly optimistic. But I feel like that grapheneQ in right in ball alley of Sony and Denon, since they like dynamic drivers with organic compounds.

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #397 of 1,288
This is definitely interesting to see all of the conjecture about what the next product should be, but let's just see if the first product is delivered and performs as well as the designers intended. That is what really matters...the company has to actually (finally) deliver its first product.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #398 of 1,288
This is definitely interesting to see all of the conjecture about whatr the next product should be, but let's just see if the first product is delivered and performs as well as the designers intended. That is what really matters...the company has to actually (finally) deliver its first product.

Yah, can't wait to try them - should be a lot of fun regardless just because of the science. Headphones for science!

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #400 of 1,288
I'm really hoping the wait is worth it
I’m going on what, 2 year wait now? Lol I’m going to say the wait isn’t worth it, but if it’s above average compared to its competition I’ll be content.

I can only be excited for something for so long until I just can’t stay excited anymore. What happened with me and the Ora.

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #401 of 1,288
I’m going on what, 2 year wait now? Lol I’m going to say the wait isn’t worth it, but if it’s above average compared to its competition I’ll be content.

I can only be excited for something for so long until I just can’t stay excited anymore. What happened with me and the Ora.

3B1CA4AB-C969-4C9F-BB7F-6C809201E353.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #402 of 1,288
These will be $499 for non pre-order buyers, is that correct?

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #404 of 1,288
True. And if they are building one a month, it will be a bit of a wait. If just hoping it's good enough to at least compete with the Audioquest Nightowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back