ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Aug 30, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #271 of 1,288
I had talked with ORA Robert quite a while ago about other audio purposes & as you likely read by now sounds like they’re in talks with numerous other audio entities for various speaker applications as well as mobile phone & car manufacturers to use in their products, although many of them might be a while in coming sonits all very exciting & promising!

Wow, to be able to do all of that, it sure shows that Ora sure has all their legal and IP licensing ducks in a row! Way to go Ora, we (99.9% of us anyways) are behind you!

I can't wait until I slip those sexy Ora cans on for the 1st time. I can already feel the buttery smooth sheepskin pads against my ears :)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #273 of 1,288
Wow, to be able to do all of that, it sure shows that Ora sure has all their legal and IP licensing ducks in a row! Way to go Ora, we (99.9% of us anyways) are behind you!

I can't wait until I slip those sexy cans on for the 1st time. I can already feel the buttery smooth sheepskin against my ears :)

Yes, the prospects are very exciting but until all the t’s are crossed & i’s are dotted then whatever is in the works behind closed doors is not 100% definite even tho what was mentioned to me, so don’t take it to the bank as I didn’t but certainly gives me great optimism with the potential of their tech, vision & drive to get better options for us to listen to & use!

I’m very excited & looking forward to their up & coming visions!

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #276 of 1,288
Wowza... Everyone OK over here?

Yes a battle in IP and patents. I believe and am a supporter of your project and looking forward to a great quality product that you will deliver that will be groundbreaking in sound quality . Being an innovator in any field is a challenge but worth not hearing naysayers in the world.

Thanks Eric and team.

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #279 of 1,288
We are doing well! Thanks :)

I just got back to Canada after a week of meetings in California. In Toronto now, havin' lunch with Paul B tomorrow.

I was in the middle of editing our August update when my inbox went bananas.

Robert great to hear you are well & surving the crush towards release of our exciting & highly anticipated ORA GQ hp’s.

Well that is encouraging as Paul B is someone I think should be clearly excited about this & would definitely benefit & would be really great if he could get in on the ground floor way before others esp bring a Cdn manufacturer!

Hang in there!

Cheers...

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #280 of 1,288
Q: Haven’t we've seen numerous graphene-based audio products like headphones and loudspeakers already?

Audio companies claiming to use graphene today are all using a “spray coated” method that allows them to claim the use of graphene.
The process takes a polymer sheet, sprays the polymer with an adhesive and then attaches flakes of graphene to the surface of the polymer.
Ora’s scientists have analyzed samples of this type of material and concluded that the Young’s Modulus (stiffness) and density are not significantly improved from the polymer alone.
The graphene flakes are not bonded together to form a continuous layer of graphene.
Instead, the flakes are randomly attached to the surface of the polymer providing no measurable improvement over the use of the polymer alone.

This “spray coated” graphene material is produced by a Chinese manufacturer, who has made it available in the headphone loudspeaker supply chain.
The Young’s Modulus is low, about 2.8GPa, no more than one would expect from PET alone.
While a graphene spray coated compound could provide as much as 7 GPa in stiffness, Ora’s GrapheneQ is currently 35-55 GPa.

Based on our current roadmap Ora expects to reach a Young’s Modulus of 70-100 GPa.

Clipped from:
Graphene-Info interviews Ari Pinkas, co-founder of Ora Graphene Audio
https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-info-interviews-ari-pinkas-co-founder-ora-graphene-audio

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #281 of 1,288
Yes a battle in IP and patents. I believe and am a supporter of your project and looking forward to a great quality product that you will deliver that will be groundbreaking in sound quality . Being an innovator in any field is a challenge but worth not hearing naysayers in the world.

Thanks Eric and team.
spit it Doc!

Dec 30, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #282 of 1,288
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #283 of 1,288
Dec 30, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #284 of 1,288
In case u missed their latest update on Kickstarter, December Update

Update on the manufacturing process for the 40mm GrapheneQ headphone drivers:

Every driver is measured and binned according to its performance. The final drivers will be sorted within 1dB and matched pairs will be selected for each set of headphones.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...orlds-first-graphene-headphones/posts/2378683
What’s our projected time of getting it again? I forgot already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back