ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Aug 30, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #256 of 1,288
I just want them to update their marketing to read PATENT PENDING, that's all. Do you know the meaning of ASSIGNEE and how patent licensing works?

The Assignee holds the temporary monopoly for the granted patent. In this case, Northwestern and the U.S. Gov't own the licensing rights to Nguyen's patents. If Ora is using Nguyen's methods, then they must license the technology from the Assignee, i.e. Northwestern. Under federal grants, the U.S. Gov't can stipulate that federally funded granted patents can be open to the public and can be only licensed to U.S. companies.

Just as a primer, Nguyen's method involves vacuum assisted forming of graphene PMMA & PVA laminates. They are essentially mixing readily available polymers with graphene oxide and vacuum forming it on a mesh.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #257 of 1,288
I just want them to update their marketing to read PATENT PENDING, that's all. Do you know the meaning of ASSIGNEE and how patent licensing works?

The Assignee holds the temporary monopoly for the granted patent. In this case, Northwestern and the U.S. Gov't own the licensing rights to Nguyen's patents. If Ora is using Nguyen's methods, then they must license the technology from the Assignee, i.e. Northwestern. Under federal grants, the U.S. Gov't can stipulate that federally funded granted patents can be open to the public and can be only licensed to U.S. companies.

Just as a primer, Nguyen's method involves vacuum assisted forming of graphene PMMA & PVA laminates. They are essentially mixing readily available polymers with graphene oxide and vacuum forming it on a mesh.

You can want them to make that wording change all you want. I want Apple to bring back the headphone jack on iPhones too. And I want White Castle hamburgers to cost $0.05 again and gasoline to cost $0.50/gallon again. There’s lots of things I want, but I live in the Real World™.

Maybe their patents are not patent pending. Maybe they legally licensed (fully granted) patents, at which point they do not have to say patent pending. Or maybe they have patents granted outside of the US, at which point they are also allowed to say “patented”.

I seriously think you’re just trolling this thread, so I’m done beating the dead horse after this post.

If it bothers you so much, file a formal IP violation complaint with the USPTO office.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #258 of 1,288
I was an original early backer, I bowed out because I knew they wouldn't be able to get a patent based on their filling. The patent was so thin, I wasn't impressed with the company. I came back to check the progress and it still said patented, so I went to see if it they actually got their patent granted. They haven't even received their first office action.

Also, just because when is employed by Ora, does not mean he has rights to the patent. I'm sure they have a licensing agreement with Ora. Nonetheless, they do no have the right to say call their product Patented.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #259 of 1,288
You can want them to make that wording change all you want. I want Apple to bring back the headphone jack on iPhones too. And I want White Castle hamburgers to cost $0.05 again and gasoline to cost $0.50/gallon again. There’s lots of things I want, but I live in the Real World.

Maybe their patents are not patent pending. Maybe they legally licensed (fully granted) patents, at which point they do not have to say patent pending. Or maybe they have patents granted outside of the US, at which point they are also allowed to say “patented”.

I seriously think you’re just trolling this thread, so I’m done beating the dead horse after this post.

If it bothers you so much, file a formal IP violation complaint with the USPTO office.

All well said & Excellent point!

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #260 of 1,288
You can want them to make that wording change all you want. I want Apple to bring back the headphone jack on iPhones too. And I want White Castle hamburgers to cost $0.05 again and gasoline to cost $0.50/gallon again. There’s lots of things I want, but I live in the Real World™.

I'm sorry but I don't follow your logical arguments.

As previously mentioned, they do not have granted patents outside of the U.S.

Patent pendency is not the fault of companies filing too many patents, it is the fault of Congress re-appropriating USPTO revenue to other branches of the gov't. The USPTO is the only profitable office in the gov't. Patent filing and maintenance fees generate a huge revenue stream for the USPTO, however congress limits the budget and the ability to hire sufficient number of examiners. Congress limits examiner's maximum salary so no one is paid more than a senator. This is not true in other countries where their patent offices are able to hire and retain knowledgeable examiners.

Lastly, how is what I am doing trolling. I am just pointing out the obvious.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #261 of 1,288
Well it seems to me that at this point since you are no longer a backer then it’s really unnecessary for you to be interested or at all concerned other than just to bring focus on yourself.

I for one am a backer from early on for two pair & none of what you’ve brought up & been going on about concerns me in the very least as I’m sure most others will not be alarmed by what you’re pontificating about!

I think you really should be more CONCERNED & ALARMED By & About what your current Govt has been & is doing [something you likely you could help change] in this volitile & fragile Environmental, Political & Economic World WE ALL LIVE IN & Cling To For Survival As A Species!

Please WORK ON FOR A POSITIVE CHANGE ON THAT & drop your personal ORA rant & campaign, there are much more serious issues you could & should addressing & bringing up!

Thank You Very Much!

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #262 of 1,288
All well said & Excellent point!

Actually most of what he says is not even related to what I'm talking about. If you reread what he says, very little actually makes sense. It's a weird combination of a straw man and red herring argument.

Not only that they missed the point of PATENT PENDING vs. PATENTED.

"Maybe their patents are not patent pending." OK, then what is the status?

"Maybe they legally licensed (fully granted) patents, at which point they do not have to say patent pending." They still can't say PATENTED

"Or maybe they have patents granted outside of the US, at which point they are also allowed to say “patented”." They can, but as clearly stated multiple times, this is not the case.

" file a formal IP violation complaint with the USPTO office." What does this even mean?

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #263 of 1,288
I think you really should be more CONCERNED & ALARMED By & About what your current Govt has been & is doing [something you likely you could help change] in this volitile & fragile Environmental, Political & Economic World WE ALL LIVE IN & Cling To For Survival As A Species!

We are talking about patents as related to false marking related to Ora's market, not the environment. Enough with the red herring non-sense. Please focus to the topic at hand.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #265 of 1,288
So I take it if this is not trolling it is a one man campaign to wreck this thread and discredit a company that you have nothing to do with and want to argue with anyone else

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #266 of 1,288
cat.gif

beat-dead-horse2.gif

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #268 of 1,288
Ah yes, much better now that the axe grinder is on "ignore". Hoping we'll see some updates again soon from the team.

Yup, can't wait! Go Ora!!

FYI, I don't know if there are any cyclists in this thread, but this is very interesting video on how graphene is/will be used in the cycling community, and it's relationship with carbon fiber (not as a replacement but as a synergistic union). It also gives a glimpse into how graphene will be used in other ways outside of cycling.

I certainly learned some interesting things I didn't know about the revolutionary substance that we hear about all of the time.

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #269 of 1,288
Yup, can't wait! Go Ora!!

FYI, I don't know if there are any cyclists in this thread, but this is very interesting video on how graphene is/will be used in the cycling community, and it's relationship with carbon fiber (not as a replacement but as a synergistic union). It also gives a glimpse into how graphene will be used in other ways outside of cycling.

I certainly learned some interesting things I didn't know about the revolutionary substance that we hear about all of the time.

I had talked with ORA Robert quite a while ago about other audio purposes & as you likely read by now sounds like they’re in talks with numerous other audio entities for various speaker applications as well as mobile phone & car manufacturers to use in their products, although many of them might be a while in coming sonits all very exciting & promising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back