ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Feb 11, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #766 of 1,288
Feb 11, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #767 of 1,288
We have 514 units to ship in Canada and then the remaining 486 will ship to the US. We sent out 80 units on Friday and 100 units yesterday. We are looking to get 80-100 more out today. We are still sorting out the automated emails but hopefully we'll get those notifications sent out tomorrow.
I dunno about you @AlwaysForward, but based on that 486 unit number, I don't think I should be expecting mine this month :yum:. I think I'm in the 1400ish KS backer number range as well so not a whole lot of confidence in seeing these before China comes out of quarantine lockdown.

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #768 of 1,288
I dunno about you @AlwaysForward, but based on that 486 unit number, I don't think I should be expecting mine this month :yum:. I think I'm in the 1400ish KS backer number range as well so not a whole lot of confidence in seeing these before China comes out of quarantine lockdown.

Well I’m not sure TBH! Who knows what the US queue is and where we are on that list. But if they can get 500 to Canada, that suggests that there are over 500 needed for the USA Between the KS & GOgo. The pledges almost doubled over the year that orders were open so I hope that the US was 1/3 or so of the initial KS run.

China is getting back to work. It’s not viable to stay closed for too long. I have a moderate confidence that the China partner will be following suit shortly.

So I’m highly confident for within 5-6 weeks. Weakly confident within 1-2.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #769 of 1,288
Well I’m not sure TBH! Who knows what the US queue is and where we are on that list. But if they can get 500 to Canada, that suggests that there are over 500 needed for the USA Between the KS & GOgo. The pledges almost doubled over the year that orders were open so I hope that the US was 1/3 or so of the initial KS run.

China is getting back to work. It’s not viable to stay closed for too long. I have a moderate confidence that the China partner will be following suit shortly.

So I’m highly confident for within 5-6 weeks. Weakly confident within 1-2.
Best of luck for us both to receive it in the coming month.

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #770 of 1,288
Kickstarter Backer #776 here. Got my headphones last week but was out of office so only unboxed it today.

Will post impressions later. Only tested 5 tracks in so far: pretty good; tall soundstage; good imaging. bass a tad boomy. testing with Sony ZX300

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #772 of 1,288
In the meantime, Kickstarter comments are lighting up with impressions and they’re generally quite positive.
Yeah, biggest complaint I'm seeing is the fit, and I've been trying to redirect them to Robert-Eric's advice on adjusting the band. Past that, a couple people have mentioned there being more sound in one ear, and a couple having trouble keeping bluetooth connected.

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #773 of 1,288
Have to agree here, the stereo imaging in these headphones are ridiculously good, instrument seperation is on point. I can't comment on the bass besides the fact that it sounds well appropriated for a balanced sound. It doesn't sound anything as exaggerated as any Beats headphones that I've tried, but digs good into the sub bass levels. The ORAs extends lower than the Beats so have more technical prowess in delivering controlled bass. It leads to think that these headphone sound boomy. The mids and trebles are crystal clear and well defined. The highs are an absolute blast and I have yet to experience any major sibilance. Smooth is the best I could use to describe the highs. Nothing is sharp or out of place.

Overall glad I got them. Wearing them for an hour or so leaves my ears warm but not super hot. Clamping pressure may be a little tight for people with a bigger head and ears like myself. The weight increase should be mentioned over any passive setup. But it's not something I would deduct too many points being a wireless set.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #774 of 1,288
Received in Toronto Canada today as well as my other friends. They fit on my average head. More comfortable than the Mobius. Sound great for the 30 minutes I play with her wired to a cellphone. Will put the hours on the weekend and see what is inside. Reminds me of how clean the sound is, as my Sennheiser Hd700. Worth the purchase so far. Happy that I told others about this.

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #775 of 1,288
More positive reviews coming through on the Kickstarter.

Backer 12 in Canada, just got mine (UPS, no email that i saw). Absolutely love the sound. The bass is tight and the sound is rich and balanced (in my opinion). I couldn't help but smile as the music played (shivers). Fit is good (still messing around with positioning). At first i had it at max stretch but i am finding this is not actually necessary. BT pairing worked immediately. Getting used to the swipe controls - could be my imagination but i find response is more consistent if i tap-swipe rather than just swipe. Thanks for your persistence ORA. I can only imagine how frustrating it has been for you, knowing that you have such an awesome product and having to push through the trials and tribulations of manufacturing and managing everyone's expectations through them. It is too easy to bash innovators as they wrestle with all the challenges to bring something new into the world (don't worry it won't be long until your efforts are taken for granted). Thank you for coming through - one Super-Happy backer here. Well done.

Just received mine today, Quebec, Canada. I did not expect it. Might have a golden pair. I tested them against my trusty DT1990 and bass extension is better, treble is less harsh too. Gesture control works fine too. Pleasantly surprised!

I was backer #116 but as I live in Canada, received my Ora’s today (02/13). Sound quality is fantastic, comfort is good (wish they had done the headband lining material on the ear cups for comfort and to prevent sweating but the padding is great) and build quality seems quite solid. The touch pad on the right ear for gesture controls is a complete waste of time though. I can get it to skip to the next song, but nothing back beyond starting the current song from the beginning and forget ANY kind of volume control, because that doesn’t work at all. I usually have my phone handy so not too worried about that though. Can’t wait to get a chance to really put them through the paces when I get home from work.

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #776 of 1,288
A more tempered review:

Backer number 685 in Canada, received today with no tracking.
Listening setup, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, oppo ha2-se, senheiser 6xx, high res flacs played on computer.
First impressions, nice packaging, with minimalist instructions. Immediately the lack of quality of the headphones stands out. Some minor imperfections on the plastic (look like minor scuffs). The plastic feels cheap and not premium. The band adjustment is tough to move around but does the job.
Bluetooth pairing with the Note 9 was seemless. Played a few songs, and immediately the bass stands out as being flimsy and imprecise, and boomy, to my ears. However mids and highs sound really tight and not too bright.
I tried listening to the same songs on the Note9, but using the provided cable. Immediately realized that the DAC in the headphones is better than what's in the phone. Being plugged directly into the phone the headphones sounded awful, and imprecise, tinny, and lifeless.
Next moved on to my computer using the OPPO HA2-SE, playing some youtube recordings and high res FLACS. This is where they really shine, bass precision has improved considerably, the highs are slightly brighter. Voices are very forward, compared to the 6XXs.
The headphones sound much better than my Senheisser 6XXs. They are brighter and everything is much more controlled in the ORAs, probably due to the 6xx being open vs closed. Sound isolation works very well. People were having a conversation around me and I could not hear them. However they do leak sound considerably and am not sure they could be used in an office environment. Will break them in for 24 hours and report back.

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #778 of 1,288
I think driver position relative to the ear is going to play a big role in how the sound is perceived.

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #779 of 1,288
Alright..

I'm not sick anymore, I can respond again.

Headband adjustment from Eric doesn't really help terribly much. Still not comfortable for longer periods of time.

My initial impressions stand. Bass is large in quantity but lacking in quality.

Regarding that guy saying they are much better than his HD6xx's.. I unfortunately cannot concur. Though they are *much* brighter, almost painfully so.

I will concur with the touchpad being mediocre, the amount of movement required to get a change, especially volume, is just way too much.

Would take my Mobius over Ora in comfort and sound unfortunately.

I haven't bothered amping them on my actual setup yet, mostly because that's not their intended use, and they need to sound good over BT.

One huge plus for Mobius over Ora is the fact that Mobius can run off USB-C and Ora is strictly charging.

Edit: Forgot to mention they are indeed panned 60/40, and it is annoying.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #780 of 1,288
I wonder how these compare to the ADL H118/128..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back