OPUS DAC pics needed
Oct 3, 2007 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

pabbi1

Cavalli Audio Spiritual Advisor
Being a visual builder, does anyone have detailed pics of wired up S/PDIF Receiver, OPUS, and Ballsie? Powering this with two dual psu, which, I know, will not be optimum, but that is where I am. Just want some visual assurance before I make the final push over the hump.

Sidebar: If stacking all 3, in what order? B - S/PDIF, M - Ballsie, T - DAC, OR ???

Anything will help, even though I have several bits of written guidance.

Supreme thanks in advance.

Oct 3, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 55
Well I doubt this will help you Al, as mine doesn't use a ballsie. It's a dual differential with Zapfilter, and the pics are two that fierce_freak sent me this morning. They don't show a lot of detail, but if you see something that helps Jim would proably snap a more detailed pic if you asked.
He's not quite finished, and told me it's a little messy ATM. Looks pretty good to me.

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 55
Thanks, I thought so too, but I am a bit biased.
biggrin.gif
From what I can gather it sounds absolutely amazing as well.

I'm totally psyched about the β22 Jim is also building me!

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 55
Sound more than an investment than luck to me
tongue.gif

It sure look great though i would love a review of the Opus beside a DA10, DAC1 or one of the mid high-end balanced DAC.

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I doubt this will help you Al, as mine doesn't use a ballsie. It's a dual differential with Zapfilter, and the pics are two that fierce_freak sent me this morning. They don't show a lot of detail, but if you see something that helps Jim would proably snap a more detailed pic if you asked.
He's not quite finished, and told me it's a little messy ATM. Looks pretty good to me.

what is the orange cable that you are using? looks like some RF cable like this

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianDonegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm working on some diagrams right now. Will post in a few minutes.

{edit} Here's the one you are looking for. I will get more together as I can...

Brian, thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm at about $650 in parts thus far, so don't want to cluster this up... just wonder if I really need the LCPS, or if the two Dual PSU will get me there, especially as they each have a dedicated toroid?

I'll take more complete pics of mine in the coming days, but for those playing along at home, this is where I am now (except the S/PDIF receiver)

FrankenMaxx.

Oh, and I hace RCA and XLR in - just adding complexity.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by n4k33n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Lucky person.

I beg your pardon! That's Mr. Lucky "Broke" person!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellomai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the orange cable that you are using?

I'm not quite sure, as I'm having someone else build this for me. I've seen this wire before, but don't know what it's called.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I beg your pardon! That's Mr. Lucky "Broke" person!
tongue.gif

I'm not quite sure, as I'm having someone else build this for me. I've seen this wire before, but don't know what it's called.

answer from soloz2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the orange? that's a digital coax from bjc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back