OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Mar 12, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,126 of 1,240
Got all excited as my supplier was showing in stock on their web site but it turns out some one was jumping the gun posting that.
Did question about cables being supplied and they were fairly sure that the NZ importer had indicated that the phones will come with 2 .

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,127 of 1,240
  Not necessarily. For the PM-1 we released the Alternative Leather Earpads in the summer which had the same caveat that we were including it free of charge to previous and current PM-1 customers, and that it was up to the local distributor to follow suit. They did as well, so it is likely that the additional 1.2m cable will be included with your purchase internationally.

Well, so much for hoping. Just received this from one or Oppo's Australian retailers:

"Limited stock of the PM-3 arrived yesterday and are selling quickly. The headphones come with a 3 metre detachable cable. A 1.2 metre cable can be purchased for iOS or Android (the cables are different so need to specify) for $29."

I have spoken to quite a few retailers now and they have told me that they are being forced to sell the remote cable as an optional extra by the Australian distribution centre. 

How is this fair? The whole package should just be the same for all consumers worldwide!

I know this may seem insignificant, but I am getting really tired of having to pay a significantly extra premium for products here in Australia, compared to US consumers and I don't understand why we have to pay more?

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #1,128 of 1,240
Rang A2A today and its been delayed for a couple more weeks so sadly no demo for me next week. The HA-2 is also delayed which is a double bummer for me :frowning2:

You could check out jaben, it's got a nice range of stuff to try and they might have the pm-3's when you're in town. They're right near Melbourne Central, on Lonsdale St, just off Elizabeth St.

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #1,130 of 1,240
Will be getting these cans pretty soon - hopefully in about 3 weeks. Will be able to compare to the PM-2, Alpha Dog, Vibro, Z7, W1000X, DX1000, TH600+900, Sig DJ, Feenix Aria, FA-003TI-W among other cans I have here.

Quote:
  Well, so much for hoping. Just received this from one or Oppo's Australian retailers:

"Limited stock of the PM-3 arrived yesterday and are selling quickly. The headphones come with a 3 metre detachable cable. A 1.2 metre cable can be purchased for iOS or Android (the cables are different so need to specify) for $29."

I have spoken to quite a few retailers now and they have told me that they are being forced to sell the remote cable as an optional extra by the Australian distribution centre. 

How is this fair? The whole package should just be the same for all consumers worldwide!

I know this may seem insignificant, but I am getting really tired of having to pay a significantly extra premium for products here in Australia, compared to US consumers and I don't understand why we have to pay more?

Well the exchange rates are pretty bad right now, but I remember the prices hiking well before that. Ridiculous to not give us both of the cables like everyone else. You could always ask Minidisc or headphonic, about the cable - assuming they get the cans. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #1,133 of 1,240
  Will be getting these cans pretty soon - hopefully in about 3 weeks. Will be able to compare to the PM-2, Alpha Dog, Vibro, Z7, W1000X, DX1000, TH600+900, Sig DJ, Feenix Aria, FA-003TI-W among other cans I have here.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Can't wait!

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,134 of 1,240

Just Picked it up and connected for a quick listen make sure it works, so no audio related observations just yet.

I have noticed something very strange though, with my iPhone 6 and iPod Classic connected the volume control still works on the device, this worries me as it suggests that the digital audio is still being processed by the iPod before reaching the oppo? Can anyone confirm if this is correct ir am I worrying about nothing.

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #1,135 of 1,240

Just Picked it up and connected for a quick listen make sure it works, so no audio related observations just yet.

I have noticed something very strange though, with my iPhone 6 and iPod Classic connected the volume control still works on the device, this worries me as it suggests that the digital audio is still being processed by the iPod before reaching the oppo? Can anyone confirm if this is correct ir am I worrying about nothing.

This is actually a feature.  The volume on your phone works to signal the HA-2 to digitally attenuate the signal before it gets to the analog pot.  With 32 bit processing, no musical bits are lost.  This allows for fine tuning of the volume if, for instance you have very sensitive iems.  This solved an issue a few of us had during beta testing with sensitive iems.

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #1,136 of 1,240

This is actually a feature.  The volume on your phone works to signal the HA-2 to digitally attenuate the signal before it gets to the analog pot.  With 32 bit processing, no musical bits are lost.  This allows for fine tuning of the volume if, for instance you have very sensitive iems.  This solved an issue a few of us had during beta testing with sensitive iems.

That is actually a bonus thank you for the quick response, giving it a charge and running at same time now, will have a listen later, Out of the box there is not much difference between this and my custom cmoy when fed from Classic line out, this is much more practical though, airport security should not gat as funny about this one.

I just need a really short 30 pin to USB connector now.

EDIT - I now have a question what will give the best possible audio output Max Volume on Amp and use device to get level you want, or max volume on device or something else.

Mar 15, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,138 of 1,240
I just need a really short 30 pin to USB connector now.

EDIT - I now have a question what will give the best possible audio output Max Volume on Amp and use device to get level you want, or max volume on device or something else.

Yes! I need one of those cables too. Short ones aren't easy to come by.

Max digital volume (on device) is the preferred setting and you adjust the volume on the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back