Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Apr 21, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #5,971 of 6,302
Apr 23, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #5,972 of 6,302
So I'm wondering whih brand cable you guys use with the Oppo PM3. I bought a 4.4mm Balanced cable for around $30 from eBay, one of the asian Earmax brand ones that were listed as compatible with the PM3 and was wondering what are your opinions on them compared with higher priced balanced cables.

Also which 4.4 balanced cable brand would you recommend? I'm looking to spend $200 max for a 4 feet 4.4mm balanced cable to use with my Lotoo DAP and PM3 headphones.
Check out Dyson Audio. I believe I mentioned them somewhere earlier in this thread. Very reasonably priced. I didn't see a 4.4mm option but he can probably accommodate you.

https://www.dysonaudio.com/collecti...d-dap-2-5mm-trrs-cable?variant=17420707594297

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #5,973 of 6,302
Hi, is there any solution for peeling of headband? I’ve searched but I couldn’t find any proper solution.
Oppo will replace it and the pads for $100.

Apr 23, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #5,974 of 6,302
Oh I got that! My S9 is just not doing it for me. Not a problem though!

Also: Any recommendations for a nice balanced cable for the PM3? Preferably 2.5mm.
See my post above.

Apr 24, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #5,976 of 6,302
So I'm wondering whih brand cable you guys use with the Oppo PM3. I bought a 4.4mm Balanced cable for around $30 from eBay, one of the asian Earmax brand ones that were listed as compatible with the PM3 and was wondering what are your opinions on them compared with higher priced balanced cables.

Also which 4.4 balanced cable brand would you recommend? I'm looking to spend $200 max for a 4 feet 4.4mm balanced cable to use with my Lotoo DAP and PM3 headphones.

I ordered a cable from Zynsonix and was really impressed with the tonal improvement. I definitely perceived a better defined high end, better tonal balance, and improved clarity. It seems like there is improved extension and air. I’m impressed. It sounds better to me than the Dyson and EarMax cables I’ve gotten for the Oppo. The Zynsonix is also more supple than the Dyson which drove me nuts due to the length and stiffness of the strain relief at the earcup connector end.

Here is a link to the one I got:

Zynsonix Oppo PM-3 Cable

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #5,977 of 6,302
Hey! I think i did a extremely good deal on.a Oppo PM-3 yesterday! Very excite to try it when i get it today! Ive heard that it scales well with amps. I know that its easy to drive, but as long it scales well with amps, i want one
. I am also looking for an openback headset, so i need a good small amp or dac/amp that pairs with pm3.

Very important that it is small and portable, and that i can use it on a open can in the future ( f.ex 58x jubileé, sundara, hd 600
Its gonna be one of those/pricerange).

And at last, is there anyway to improve/mod it with different pads? Anyone tried the Aliexpress pads?
Ive also for tipped about a Bill P mod, but cant find anyhong about it. Doea anyone know?

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #5,978 of 6,302
Hi,

The perfect portable dacamp for the PM3 : Apple dongle.
I'm not kidding. This is better than my Chord Mojo. The PM3 is very easy to drive.

I tried to change the earpards (4 times) but it always ruined the sound.
But you could ask to him : https://vesperaudio.com/earpads
He seems have knowledge about that.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #5,979 of 6,302
Hi,

I'm not kidding. This is better than my Chord Mojo. The PM3 is very easy to drive.

Wow. Those are nice looking and it looks like he also does the headband. Do you have any experience with these? Any idea how much they cost?

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #5,980 of 6,302
Wow. Those are nice looking and it looks like he also does the headband. Do you have any experience with these? Any idea how much they cost?
I will do but do not have enough funds right now. It's around 50/60/70$ for the earpads depending of the material. There is a large variety and you can almost ask what you want.
When I will be able to purchase my earpads I will post here, but I think it will be happening at only the end of the year.

Jun 3, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #5,981 of 6,302
Ive sent Vesperaudio a mail yesterday. Really want to upgrade the headband and maybe the pads( i can install them myself) on PM3 to some kind of real leather/skin. I just hope the price + shipping isnt huge though.

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #5,982 of 6,302
Hi,

although the Apple dongle is really good, the pm3 scale a lot with an amp, especially on the low end. With enough power the pm3 become a lot more dynamic. I would recommend an ifi hip-dac and ordering a 4.4 balanced cable for the pm3 (which has balanced wiring). That would be a great portable and home setup and the hip dac has enough power for other headphones you might pick up.

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #5,983 of 6,302
Hi :

Chord Mojo : (I hear no difference in the bass region, and greater dynamic and high end on the dongle)

Output Power @ 1kHz – 600Ω: 35mW
Output Power @ 1kHz – 8Ω: 720mW

IFI Audio HIP DAC :

400mW 2V 16 ohms

Do you mean with xbass on ?

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #5,984 of 6,302
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back