Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Dec 17, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #4,861 of 6,302
Has anyone tried both these and the Meze 99 Classics(with the larger pads), that can vouch for the comfort in both cans? I'm mainly concerned about the size of the earcups, and it's not exactly very easy to search the sizes of different headphones' earcups. 

You're right, not easy. I think it's also important to consider the depth of the ear pads, as this is crucial for comfort.
I'm also trying to get information on ear pads size differences between pm3 and ether flow. (Maybe someone has info)..

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #4,863 of 6,302
hi guys,jz bought a very new to pm-3,rarely used one...
do this headphone need some amount of time to sound good?
as i have been listening for a few days...
a bit disappointing as i hear no sparkle in vocal(higher range) & instrument(violin,guitar)...
which don't make the audio more lively compare to my ex custom one pro...
but in other part,pm-3 is almost perfect...

btw,any audio difference between d original 3m cable(which is thicker) vs d extra given 1.2m meter cable(without mic,and it's thinner)?
i guess d given one also original...
coz from my experience with d COP,d ori thick cable sound much better den d extra thinner cable with mic...

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #4,865 of 6,302
a bit disappointing as i hear no sparkle in vocal(higher range) & instrument(violin,guitar)...

btw,any audio difference between d original 3m cable(which is thicker) vs d extra given 1.2m meter cable(without mic,and it's thinner)?
coz from my experience with d COP,d ori thick cable sound much better den d extra thinner cable with mic...

​I like the shorter cable (without mic) better in terms of comfort, but cannot hear any sound difference.

It is true that there are headphones with more sparkle around your head than the PM-3. :wink:

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #4,867 of 6,302

They don't have the liveliest treble, so it make sound dark depending on source, amping, and the type of sound you're used to. I feel like they have fine high end treble, personally, but I have noticed an improvement here with a bigger amp.

I do think they benefit from burn-in. I've found that the have a ~2.5k resonance that becomes less pronounced as they break-in.

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #4,870 of 6,302
Does anyone know where to purchase  oppo pm-3 replacement pads ? Mine is starting to show some peeling at the bottom half .. the local distributor doesn't have any stocks and said it would be expensive, around 80 USD per pair *glup*

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #4,871 of 6,302
Does anyone know where to purchase  oppo pm-3 replacement pads ? Mine is starting to show some peeling at the bottom half .. the local distributor doesn't have any stocks and said it would be expensive, around 80 USD per pair *glup*

Ask the customer service, maybe they can replace them for you

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #4,872 of 6,302
Your question is timely. My pads started to do the same thing, and I emailed Oppo. They said that they can only replace them in house. Its around $36 or $39 dollars (forgot which). You pay for shipping to them. They pay for shipping back. 

fortunately, I live close enough to drop mine off. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,874 of 6,302
They don't have the liveliest treble, so it make sound dark depending on source, amping, and the type of sound you're used to. I feel like they have fine high end treble, personally, but I have noticed an improvement here with a bigger amp.

I do think they benefit from burn-in. I've found that the have a ~2.5k resonance that becomes less pronounced as they break-in.

I think d source play a very important part...
Now pairing with HA-2,i would say it's very very gd in every way now...
I am starting to like my PM-3 already...
I pair with DX80 last time,which everything is too smooth,too tame & very not interesting to listen compare to HA-2...
And also d soundstage is a bit too wide with DX80,not reali nice for vocal & instrument...
Most of my songs are jazz & vocal & instrument...

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #4,875 of 6,302
​I like the shorter cable (without mic) better in terms of comfort, but cannot hear any sound difference.

It is true that there are headphones with more sparkle around your head than the PM-3. :wink:

I guess near to 0 difference i would say...
D quality of d shorter cable is not as gd as d long one,but yeah,d shorter one is easier to work with...
But it kinks...
And i use with HA-2 now,it sounded so good compare to DX80...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back