Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Oct 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #4,697 of 6,302
You can for sure buy another set of pads from Oppo and there are You-tube videos and a link somewhere in this thread on how to replace them.

I hope Oppo does indeed sell earpads for the PM3s because as far as I know, they dont. Their website only sells the earpads for PM1s and 2s. Also,I have contacted Oppo digital SG and they said they do not sell the earpads. Which is weird.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #4,698 of 6,302
I hope Oppo does indeed sell earpads for the PM3s because as far as I know, they dont. Their website only sells the earpads for PM1s and 2s. Also,I have contacted Oppo digital SG and they said they do not sell the earpads. Which is weird.

I have heard people in this thread here contacting Oppo and getting another set of pads. Tell them you want it for free then.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/756828/oppo-pm-3-the-portable-planar-impressions/4050#post_12484585

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #4,699 of 6,302

My ear pads are peeling off as well, Oppo SG quoted me $100 SGD ( 72 USD ) for the replacement pads, I thought that's a crazy price !

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #4,700 of 6,302
My ear pads are peeling off as well, Oppo SG quoted me $100 SGD ( 72 USD ) for the replacement pads, I thought that's a crazy price !

That is a crazy price indeed. When I called Oppo Digital SG they said it cost SGD20 per piece. Hence SGD 40 per pair. However, when my friend went to their office to buy it, they say they are not selling it. They only service the headphones.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #4,701 of 6,302
Is there any of you who tried the PM-3 paired with Oppo-HA1 to tell us how it sounds as compared to lesser DAC/Amps or directly to phones like Iphone/galaxy S?

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #4,702 of 6,302
  Is there any of you who tried the PM-3 paired with Oppo-HA1 to tell us how it sounds as compared to lesser DAC/Amps or directly to phones like Iphone/galaxy S?

It's a good amp with an ESS DAC in it, just look up other thoughts of ESS implementations, some like 'em, some don't. I will say that you do not want to use the PM-3 through a phone of any kind without a separate amp. It sounds really muffled and weak without a decent amp IMO. The PM-3 will pair well with anything in the Schiit line or with an iBasso DX80 or other devices like that as well.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #4,707 of 6,302
Just got my first head-fi setup, upgrading from a pair of Ultrasone DJ 1 headphones coming straight from the iPhone, to a pair of Oppo PM-3 with a Woo Audio WA7tp.

Words cannot describe the difference. This is an amazing setup and definitely sounds better than coming straight out of the iPhone - so yes, amp them! 

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #4,709 of 6,302
First time here. My pm3s got an issue, one ear pad isn't quite as big as the other one, it's just on the front size, but my right ear aches, when listening. It seems they're lacking memory foam on this one side.
Now I'm reading here that one can't buy replacement?

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #4,710 of 6,302
First time here. My pm3s got an issue, one ear pad isn't quite as big as the other one, it's just on the front size, but my right ear aches, when listening. It seems they're lacking memory foam on this one side.
Now I'm reading here that one can't buy replacement?

Is it visually smaller or did you measure it?
Also, it seems as you just bought it so could return it for another one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back