Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Mar 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #617 of 6,302
Have a pair coming in Friday. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #618 of 6,302
Mar 25, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #619 of 6,302
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #623 of 6,302
Kicks back with a glass of chartreuse and awaits the reviews and impressions. I might not be able to get these cans just yet, but I want to here all about them. I am very intrigued about the quality and quantity of the bass.

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #624 of 6,302
Kicks back with a glass of chartreuse and awaits the reviews and impressions. I might not be able to get these cans just yet, but I want to here all about them. I am very intrigued about the quality and quantity of the bass.

The bass is quite good, but from the (brief) time I've spent with them so far the main standout is the treble. Female vocals and some string instruments, particularly violin sound exceptional so far. Had an eargasmic moment on the commute in to work today with The Corrs - Everybody Hurts from their Unplugged album, for instance.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #625 of 6,302
The bass is quite good, but from the (brief) time I've spent with them so far the main standout is the treble. Female vocals and some string instruments, particularly violin sound exceptional so far. Had an eargasmic moment on the commute in to work today with The Corrs - Everybody Hurts from their Unplugged album, for instance.

Thanks for sharing your impressions, the pm-3 sounds just what I am looking for.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #626 of 6,302

Nice.

Give the acoustic version of Jagged little pill a try. I previously only liked listening to this on the HE500. The PM3's do acoustic nicely.

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #627 of 6,302
I tried out the PM-3 at Oppo's offices in MV (thanks Team Oppo!).  Sounded great but I started getting this sore spot on the top of my head after 30 minutes which is weird given the shape of the headband and the cushy padding.  The only other headphone that did this to me was the NAD HP50 which had a headband designed to fit Herman Munster's head.  

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #629 of 6,302
I tried out the PM-3 at Oppo's offices in MV (thanks Team Oppo!).  Sounded great but I started getting this sore spot on the top of my head after 30 minutes which is weird given the shape of the headband and the cushy padding.  The only other headphone that did this to me was the NAD HP50 which had a headband designed to fit Herman Munster's head.  

That just goes to show that you can't read about comfort and assume it will work for you. I've had my pair on for five hours now, and they are extremely comfortable. The only reason I'm taking them off soon is to go to bed. Speaking of going to bed I actually drifted off in my chair for a few minutes while listening to some classical earlier.

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #630 of 6,302

Can I be a part of this club too?

You sure can.  Admission to the club is not cheap, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back