Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #4,951 of 6,302
So...my girlfriend was upset with me about a year ago for 'spending so much money on yet another set of headphones'. Since the PM-3 work so well just out of an iPhone or iPad, we've been taking them with us on trips. Six months ago, she said, "If I'm ever crazy enough to spend $400 on a set of headphones, it'll be these headphones!"

About a week ago, I purchased a set in white (difficult to find anymore). She knows she's getting them and is excited. It's a late birthday gift for her!

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,952 of 6,302
  So...my girlfriend was upset with me about a year ago for 'spending so much money on yet another set of headphones'. Since the PM-3 work so well just out of an iPhone or iPad, we've been taking them with us on trips. Six months ago, she said, "If I'm ever crazy enough to spend $400 on a set of headphones, it'll be these headphones!"

About a week ago, I purchased a set in white (difficult to find anymore). She knows she's getting them and is excited. It's a late birthday gift for her!

Awesome story, My wife feels the same about some of my headphone purchases :)

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #4,953 of 6,302

You've.... won.

There IS hope...

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #4,955 of 6,302

Ahh. Well done!
:wink:

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #4,957 of 6,302
What a beautiful anecdote. Sadly my girlfriend does not agree. She prefers different headphones, but when I was about to sell the PM-3 she told me not to. She said "don't do it. I know you love them and you will miss them."

So instead I ordered a Canare Starquad Oppo PM-3 Balanced Headphone Cable from dysonaudio.com. I will report back after I received the cable.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #4,958 of 6,302
hi i have a question for you, owner of the pm-3 ! I like this headphone :) i listen a little hissing with my AR-M2  , if i buy another cable for my oppo, can i ear a difference ? which cable can a take ? Im looking for a forza cable but i dont know which one to choose :frowning2:  thanks !

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #4,959 of 6,302
  hi i have a question for you, owner of the pm-3 ! I like this headphone :) i listen a little hissing with my AR-M2  , if i buy another cable for my oppo, can i ear a difference ? which cable can a take ? Im looking for a forza cable but i dont know which one to choose :frowning2:  thanks !

Hissing is usually not caused by the cable. The noise is probably created from the amp, e.g. the AR-M2 itself. Upgrading the cable would only increase hissing.

Unless you mean the Oppo's tuning, which would be weird, because it has no sibilance. Also, in that case a cable won't help.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #4,960 of 6,302

Hissing is usually not caused by the cable. The noise is probably created from the amp, e.g. the AR-M2 itself. Upgrading the cable would only increase hissing.

Unless you mean the Oppo's tuning, which would be weird, because it has no sibilance. Also, in that case a cable won't help.

Yea the hissing is definitely from the Amp or other interference.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #4,962 of 6,302
PSA- Hugo plus PM3s is sonic bliss!
Ive had the PM3 for almost 2 years and never have they sounded so good.

That combo is indeed very nice. I tried it with a friend's Hugo TT and maaaab was that nice.

I use the PM-3 at work with a Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon via a balanced cable and couldn't be happier. I had this combo with me on a meet and it impressed many who found the PM-3 "boring" before. It changed their mind :)

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back