OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Nov 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #736 of 743
This is the only downside of the PM-2

Sonically speaking it not only bests or competes with the best planars above its used price IMO, but it offers a unique sound signature that is relaxing without being less engaging. Listening to it is a stress-free experience, and the design is beautiful.

Presently there are plenty of replacement parts available but I recommend a headband wrap.

Its an excellent headphone and worth buying for sure.
Thanks. I've followed this thread and read and watched all the reviews I could find. Seems the consensus on sound signature is right up my alley. If there's one thing I struggle most with it's harsh trebles. I definitely favour warm and laid back over anything bright. This would be my first listen to planars too, so I'm very curious on that front alone.

Nov 7, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #737 of 743
Ok, thanks. Yes, earpad replacement is a concern. I saw a post further up about modding the earpads. I suppose once you have the framework (the bit that clips in like speaker grills) at least something can be fashioned?
This is true but I highly recommend the oem pads because the side walls need to be straight and rectangular imo or else it muffles the sound a lot. I'd get a spare set of oem pads and then play around with modded baseplate pads when the first wear out!

Nov 8, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #738 of 743
No worries concerning spare parts oppo service UK have pads and other parts and oppo service Germany have spare parts for the next 10 years!! They don't sell parts so they can keep fully stocked but if you have a problem send it to them and they will fix it. I can provide contact details if anyone is really interested. I love the pm1 and haven't found any hi end can which offers the same comfort. I strongly suggest a quality silver cable as it opens up the soundstage in a natural way and the pm1/2 needs that IMHO. Nice to see some life in this thread again let's keep up posts on sound impressions.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #739 of 743
No worries concerning spare parts oppo service UK have pads and other parts and oppo service Germany have spare parts for the next 10 years!! They don't sell parts so they can keep fully stocked but if you have a problem send it to them and they will fix it. I can provide contact details if anyone is really interested. I love the pm1 and haven't found any hi end can which offers the same comfort. I strongly suggest a quality silver cable as it opens up the soundstage in a natural way and the pm1/2 needs that IMHO. Nice to see some life in this thread again let's keep up posts on sound impressions.
Thanks, that's good to know?

I've yet to take delivery of mine, so would want to hear then first before making a decision on cable. But with all reviews saying they favour warm rather than bright, I'd assumed silver would be the way to go, rather than copper. Any recommendations for a silver balanced cable at a sensible price?

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #740 of 743
Thanks, that's good to know?

I've yet to take delivery of mine, so would want to hear then first before making a decision on cable. But with all reviews saying they favour warm rather than bright, I'd assumed silver would be the way to go, rather than copper. Any recommendations for a silver balanced cable at a sensible price?
XINHS on Aliexpress just customized a cable for me. I actually had him make an adapter with Oppo connectors so I could use an existing graphene cable on my Oppos. Ill let you know how it works out!

Nov 8, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #741 of 743
I think the PM-2 still holds up today. I think it’s great for strings and vocals. Like the PM-3, I wish they were better extended in the treble region, but they are comfortable and very relaxing. It’s sort of like if Sennheiser’s HD 600 line was made into a planar.

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #742 of 743
Sounds great with the new used velour oem pads I just got in the mail today... Need to listen and compare more when I'm not so tired but I feel these headphones are always good with oem or similar, unlike my JVC HA-SW01's that shine with aftermarket non oem pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back