OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Sep 27, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #721 of 743
How did you get these pads to fit on the PM-2s? Isnt the pad swapping proprietary?

Ripped up a pair of disintegrating OEM pads and reused the mounting plate.

I will say that I've since bought a pair of OEM velour pads from OPPO EU (OPPO US only have pleather pads in stock for the PM-2s) and they bring out the best in the PM-2s over the stock pleather or the 1840 pads

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #722 of 743
Ripped up a pair of disintegrating OEM pads and reused the mounting plate.

I will say that I've since bought a pair of OEM velour pads from OPPO EU (OPPO US only have pleather pads in stock for the PM-2s) and they bring out the best in the PM-2s over the stock pleather or the 1840 pads
I tried ripping up some oem pads and replacing them with some cheap lambskin pads but had horrible results. Perhaps I can try with some other pads.

Do you have a link to that website still per chance? I am trying to find the spare parts website but have only found the US website. I used that to get a spare headband but they only have the pleather pads.

Thank you so much!

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #723 of 743
I tried ripping up some oem pads and replacing them with some cheap lambskin pads but had horrible results. Perhaps I can try with some other pads.

Do you have a link to that website still per chance? I am trying to find the spare parts website but have only found the US website. I used that to get a spare headband but they only have the pleather pads.

Thank you so much!

Leather/pleather pads have all turn out poorly for me as well, especially non-perforated. Here's the website:

http://www.oppodigital.co.uk/Contact.html

You'll have to shoot them an email, but they were easy to work.

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #724 of 743
Leather/pleather pads have all turn out poorly for me as well, especially non-perforated. Here's the website:

http://www.oppodigital.co.uk/Contact.html

You'll have to shoot them an email, but they were easy to work.
Okay so it is not like the US one where they have an order page. I will shoot them an email, thank you!

And I am assuming they ship the US?

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #725 of 743
Okay so it is not like the US one where they have an order page. I will shoot them an email, thank you!

And I am assuming they ship the US?

Right, that's how it worked for me. I emailed them about availability of the velour pads, got a quote, paid them over PayPal and they shipped them to me in the US fairly quickly.

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #726 of 743
Right, that's how it worked for me. I emailed them about availability of the velour pads, got a quote, paid them over PayPal and they shipped them to me in the US fairly quickly.
I asked them about both pads and the availability/price of the xlr cable and the pm-1 headband. The pleather is terrible and is already cracking so I use a knit protector. I have a spare pm-2 band and spare pleather earpads but would love these more durable items!

Shipping expensive?

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #727 of 743
I asked them about both pads and the availability/price of the xlr cable and the pm-1 headband. The pleather is terrible and is already cracking so I use a knit protector. I have a spare pm-2 band and spare pleather earpads but would love these more durable items!

Shipping expensive?

They only quoted me the total, 69.39 Euros, for the pads and shipping, so not sure about shipping alone. Not cheap, but as far as I know it's the only place to still get some of these parts so I went for it

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #728 of 743
They only quoted me the total, 69.39 Euros, for the pads and shipping, so not sure about shipping alone. Not cheap, but as far as I know it's the only place to still get some of these parts so I went for it
That is definitely not cheap... Quality parts for sure though. I'll see what they quote me soon. Haven't heard back yet!

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #729 of 743
That is definitely not cheap... Quality parts for sure though. I'll see what they quote me soon. Haven't heard back yet!

Might take a day or two, they weren't super quick to respond to me either

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #730 of 743
Anyone here consider the PM2's still a good buy today as used, or is there better competition out there now?

They seem to tick all the boxes for me, in terms of sound signature, comfort and ease of being driven by portable sources.

Also, if I did pull the trigger, any recommendations for a balanced cable to pair with my Sony Zx300 please?

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #731 of 743
Not just with portable players but excellent with hi end audio too.

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #732 of 743
Anyone here consider the PM2's still a good buy today as used, or is there better competition out there now?

They seem to tick all the boxes for me, in terms of sound signature, comfort and ease of being driven by portable sources.

Also, if I did pull the trigger, any recommendations for a balanced cable to pair with my Sony Zx300 please?

Definitely still a good buy. I think the one thing to keep in mind with any discontinued headphone, especially one where the company isn't making headphones at all any more, is that OEM replacement parts like earpads will be impossible to find at some point. For the PM-2 the pleather earpads and headband aren't super durable. Otherwise a great headphone to own

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #733 of 743
Definitely still a good buy. I think the one thing to keep in mind with any discontinued headphone, especially one where the company isn't making headphones at all any more, is that OEM replacement parts like earpads will be impossible to find at some point. For the PM-2 the pleather earpads and headband aren't super durable. Otherwise a great headphone to own

This is the only downside of the PM-2

Sonically speaking it not only bests or competes with the best planars above its used price IMO, but it offers a unique sound signature that is relaxing without being less engaging. Listening to it is a stress-free experience, and the design is beautiful.

Presently there are plenty of replacement parts available but I recommend a headband wrap.

Its an excellent headphone and worth buying for sure.

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #734 of 743
Ok, thanks. Yes, earpad replacement is a concern. I saw a post further up about modding the earpads. I suppose once you have the framework (the bit that clips in like speaker grills) at least something can be fashioned?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #735 of 743
Ok, thanks. Yes, earpad replacement is a concern. I saw a post further up about modding the earpads. I suppose once you have the framework (the bit that clips in like speaker grills) at least something can be fashioned?

Yes, once the earpads wear out you can mount other earpads by ripping out the mounting plate from the stock earpads. I tried various pads on my PM-2s that way. Also for the time being there are still OEM parts like earpads for sale, so thats more of a future problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back