OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Mar 19, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #586 of 743
It is my understanding that the PM-2 have been discontinued, unfortunately - along with the HA-1 DAC/Amp.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #589 of 743
The PM1 has fantastic build quality unsurpassed to my experience when I owned them,
But I returned them for the PM2 which had a bit nicer sound for me.
So I assume the PM2 killed the PM1 in sales.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #590 of 743
I spoke to OPPO Digital customer service yesterday and I can confirm that the PM-2 has been discontinued.
mad.gif

The PM-1 and PM-3 are still currently available.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #591 of 743
  I spoke to OPPO Digital customer service yesterday and I can confirm that the PM-2 has been discontinued.
mad.gif

The PM-1 and PM-3 are still currently available.

Yup. I contacted them as well to see if they still had the velour pads and those are gone as well.

Edit: Actually, they told me last week, no more but I see the replacement pads on the site today.

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #595 of 743
Yep quite a few suppliers in the uk still have them in stock and if you shop around can be picked up at £599

Aug 27, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #597 of 743
I have to say that the PM2 is my most used set of headphones. I have Grado's (GS1000e and PS500e) + Audeze (EL8 open) but the easiest to listen to for comfort both on head and with the music is the PM2. Having tried the PM-1 and not being able to see the point of spending loads more money on them I can see why they have discontinued the PM2 - they must have hit PM1 sales and I am not entirely sure what Oppo expected ?

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #598 of 743
Would you say the Dragonfly Red sufficiently powers the PM-2, and would it be a big improvement over the Dragonfly Black? Currently I have a Dragonfly Black. I've heard the Red will provide a wider, more separated soundstage.

I ended up going for the PM-2 with the lambskin earpads over the 650 + tube amp + dac combination as the PM-2 is more comfortable, better built and the bass response is more to my liking. Also I think it performs much better overall, but that's my opinion. I also like the more closed feel whilst still being an open headphone, and the fact it sounds great with everything especially vocals for movies/tv shows.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #599 of 743
Having read up on the PM-2 it seemed ideal for the type of sound I would like, subject to auditioning it obviously.

If the PM-2 has now been discontinued, what headphone would anyone recommend that is closest to the PM-2 all round? Is it the HD650 or the EL-8 or would you say something else entirely?

I would add that I would like to keep the max price around the £600 mark.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #600 of 743
I have PM-2 and EL-8 (Open). I wear them as kind of opposites ! They are not alike.

The PM-2 is something you can listen to for far longer as IMO it is more comfortable to wear and has a warmer but exact sound.
The PM-2 has less treble and more bass. I love them both but they are not similar.

The EL-8 has grown on me but I find it lacking in bass.

They are both good headphones though but it is the PM-2 that I go to most ... even though they are not my 'best' headphones (I regard the Grado GS1000e as my most accurate but find the treble tiresome at times - I go through phases of listening to them a lot then leaving them for ages!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back