OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Oct 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #49 of 761

Just the USA and Canada. OPPO UK or their various resellers / distributors would handle Europe.

Disappointing, but thank you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #50 of 761
Just received my PM-1s today! :) will post a lil mini sonic review later.

Initial thoughts. Build quality is excellent. The carrying case is very sleek and slim (more compact than the slappo pro case) and these headphones are quite transportable.

Velour pads are the most comfortable. My ears get sweaty with both the lambskin alt pads and the regular leather pads. Ear cup dimensions of the velour pads are approximately 35mm wide, 60mm tall, and 15mm deep. Outer dimensions fit my ears perfectly. Would personally like a bit deeper depth, but does not appear to be uncomfortable at all from initial impressions. Headphones are pretty light-weight, no comfort issues so far from my first hour session. Will update after a few hours of heavy listening. Easy earpad swapping system is amazing!

Easier to reach listenable volumes on my Lyr 2 compared to my HE-560 as my volume knob is at 9 o'clock on low gain with the PM-1s while I go up to about 11-12 o'clock on the HE-560s on low gain.

I have the HE-560, HE-400, and ATH-M50x as comparison headphones currently. External components include the Lyr 2 amp + UD-110v2 dac. If anyone has any direct questions about the PM-1 vs the HE-560s, I will do my best to answer.

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #52 of 761
Glad you are part of the program money. . Let the comparisons begin!

I got into the program as well with the PM2, no idea when I'll get it, but a thanks @Jiffy Squid and @DoctaCosmos as he introduced me to this thread lol

I'll be comparing these to my LA D5k, Modded W1000x and my Modded HE 4 [Mango Wood Cups and Beyer Pads]

Fun fact, the HE 4 and HE 560 measure very closely. The HE 560 has less distortion and is not as hard to drive as the HE 4 is BUT :3 my point is with all the HE 560 Hype, let's not forget ole GrandPa HE 4, whos still alive an kickin it

Either way Looking forward to getting these 

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #53 of 761
Still able to sign on to the audition? I'd be interested in the 1's, and I agree to the terms/conditions.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #56 of 761
I meant to suggest that people with a feedback score of 0 should be removed or not considered; yours is already +1. Also, no offense intended whatsoever, and this isn't directed at you necessarily, but literally anyone can write "I know for a fact that I'd follow up with my end of the stick despite the fact that I'm relatively new on headfi". Those are just empty words that anyone, honest and dishonest alike, can say about themselves in order to get in on the loaner program. Feedback scores speak for themselves and help prove someone's track record.

I fully acknowledge that there are probably plenty of honest people with feedback scores of 0. But on Head-Fi, you can't know for sure someone is honest until they start to prove it through their feedback score, as well as their general history on Head-Fi. Oh and I'm a guy, btw.

And I was very conscious that anyone could claim such honesty about themselves. I was just worried that people with integrity who have no trading reputation would be unfairly excluded, if that makes sense.

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #57 of 761
I am interested in Option 2 and agree to T&C.

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #59 of 761
^lol I was showing my wife the pm-1 in audio advisor so she could see what I was getting as part of the loaner program. Then I saw the HA-1 and told her I was also getting that. . She asked if I meant in the loaner program. I told her no, I'm buying it. She knew I was kidding because she knew I would have to ask her first which would be a no. I told her it would be nice if they had HA-1 for loan too. (that way I could show her how awesome it is and possibly talk her into letting me get it)

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #60 of 761
I am interested in the PM-2 on the loaner program, but I would be MORE interested in the PM-3. Will the PM-3 be made available when it hits the market?

I agree to the terms and conditions for the PM-2 and/or the PM-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back