OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Oct 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #16 of 761
I'm very interested in the PM2 headphones.  I agree with your terms and conditions.  
o2smile.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #18 of 761
Thanks to everyone who has signed up already. The PM-1 and PM-2 loaner units shipped out this afternoon.

We have also decided to allocate a PM-1 for a tour of Canada. I'll be in touch with everyone who has expressed interest in this thread already, and we'll likely ship it out early next week.

Feel free to continue to sign up - we'll keep it going as long as there is interest.

Oct 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #26 of 761
Thanks to everyone who has signed up already. The PM-1 and PM-2 loaner units shipped out this afternoon.  
We have also decided to allocate a PM-1 for a tour of Canada. I'll be in touch with everyone who has expressed interest in this thread already, and we'll likely ship it out early next week.

Feel free to continue to sign up - we'll keep it going as long as there is interest.

Unsolicited advice, but I'd recommend for Oppo to use some discretion when adding people to the list. There have been various loaner programs on Head-Fi in the past by other vendors that have miserably failed due to people being unreliable (for whatever reason, though in some instances there have been reports of people trying to keep vendor property). It wouldn't hurt to vet people through at least their feedback score, if not other criteria as well.

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #27 of 761
^Ya I was wondering the same thing... like how many pairs of the headphones are going to go missing.
"Mr. Oppo, I swear I shipped them out. They must have gotten lost in the mail". :rolleyes:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGganxqImo[/VIDEO]

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #28 of 761

Unsolicited advice, but I'd recommend for Oppo to use some discretion when adding people to the list. There have been various loaner programs on Head-Fi in the past by other vendors that have miserably failed due to people being unreliable (for whatever reason, though in some instances there have been reports of people trying to keep vendor property). It wouldn't hurt to vet people through at least their feedback score, if not other criteria as well.

This advice--indeed unsolicited--mostly makes sense. On the one hand, it proceeds from experience, the wisdom that comes from watching selfish people fail to live up to their end of the bargain. On the other hand, it assumes that the system of a "feedback score" will not only better contain a malicious corpus of headfi bandits but also that those honest people (like myself) who have recently started up on headfi should be dumped from the program. The reason why I'd bother with this reply is that I know for a fact that I'd follow up with my end of the stick despite the fact that I'm relatively new on headfi. While Asr is right to suggest that at least something more cautious might be wise to implement while lending out expensive headphones--especially because users have ruined such promotions in the past--he or she is wrong to assume that these "feedback score" systems will not exclude honest people as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back